Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of August 1971 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
August 17, 1971 was a Tuesday and it was the 229th day of the year 1971. The next time you can reuse your old 1971 calendar will be in 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Thursday. Next year it will be Friday and two years from now it will be Saturday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 116 days left before your next birthday. You will be 46 years old when that day comes. There have been 16,686 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 565 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on May 10 at 21:44:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1888Monty Woolley
- 1937Ronnie Butler
- 1939Luther Allison
- 1942Khagen Mahanta
- 1951Robert Joy
- 1960Sean Penn
- 1961Larry B. Scott
- 1976Scott Halberstadt
- 1978Vibeke Stene
- 1988Erika Toda
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 17.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 17.
- 1601Pierre de Fermat, French lawyer and mathematician (d. 1665)
- 1866Mahbub Ali Khan, Asaf Jah VI, Indian 6th Nizam of Hyderabad (d. 1911)
- 1904Mary Cain, American journalist and politician (d. 1984)
- 1919Georgia Gibbs, American singer (d. 2006)
- 1944Jean-Bernard Pommier, French pianist and conductor
- 1953Kevin Rowland, English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Dexys Midnight Runners)
- 1957Laurence Overmire, American poet, author, and actor
- 1959Chika Sakamoto, Japanese voice actress and singer
- 1975Carmina Villaroel, Filipino model and actress
- 1986Rudy Gay, American basketball player
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 17.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1186Georgenberg Pact: Ottokar IV, Duke of Styria and Leopold V, Duke of Austria sign a heritage agreement in which Ottokar gives his duchy to Leopold and to his son Frederick under the stipulation that Austria and Styria would henceforth remain undivided.
- 1597Islands Voyage: Robert Devereux, 2nd Earl of Essex, and Sir Walter Raleigh set sail on an expedition to the Azores.
- 1740Pope Benedict XIV, previously known as Prospero Lambertini succeeds Clement XII as the 247th Pope.
- 1862American Civil War: Major General J. E. B. Stuart is assigned command of all the cavalry of the Confederate Army of Northern Virginia.
- 1863American Civil War: In Charleston, South Carolina, Union batteries and ships bombard Confederate-held Fort Sumter.
- 1941World War II: Soviet Army left Nikolaev and Krivoi Rog.
- 1945Sukarno and Mohammad Hatta proclaim the independence of Indonesia, igniting the Indonesian National Revolution against the Dutch Empire.
- 1950Hill 303 massacre: American POWs are shot to death by the North Korean Army.
- 1959Kind of Blue by Miles Davis, the much acclaimed and highly influential best selling jazz recording of all time, is released.
- 1980Azaria Chamberlain disappears, at Ayers Rock, Northern Territory, probably taken by a dingo, leading to what was then the most publicized trial in Australian history.
View the complete list of historical events for August 17.
Curious about this Fifth Avenue Cake? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 17 and 1971 reveal that your Life Path number is 7. It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Jamey Johnson, Claude François, Jean Peters, Gerald Potterton, George Cole, Joe Tracini, Kurt Fuller, Carole Lombard, Mona Zaki, Fahriye Evcen.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 17 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Metal is the element of a person born on August 17, 1971.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Tuesday’ is ruby.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was How Can You Mend a Broken Heart by Bee Gees as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 21, 1971). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: September 1, 1990 – Aisling Loftus, English actress; March 20, 1968 – Ultra Naté, American singer-songwriter and producer; January 18, 1904 – Cary Grant, English-American actor and singer (d. 1986).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 964