Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of August 1971 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
August 17, 1971 was a Tuesday and it was the 229th day of the year 1971. The next time you can reuse your old 1971 calendar will be in 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Thursday. Next year it will be Friday and two years from now it will be Saturday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 208 days left before your next birthday. You will be 46 years old when that day comes. There have been 16,594 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 562 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on February 11 at 00:34:00 GMT – Saturday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1918Evelyn Ankers
- 1920Maureen O'Hara
- 1926Jean Poiret
- 1937Ronnie Butler
- 1939Luther Allison
- 1960Stephan Eicher
- 1976Scott Halberstadt
- 1978Ebon Moss-Bachrach
- 1980Lene Marlin
- 1989Frederick Lau
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 17.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 17.
- 1890Harry Hopkins, American politician and diplomat, 8th United States Secretary of Commerce (d. 1946)
- 1909Larry Clinton, American trumpet player and bandleader (d. 1985)
- 1913Rudy York, American baseball player and manager (d. 1970)
- 1920Maureen O'Hara, Irish-American actress and singer (d. 2015)
- 1942Shane Porteous, Australian actor, animator, and screenwriter
- 1949Julian Fellowes, Egyptian-English actor, director, screenwriter, and politician
- 1966Maysa Leak, American singer and producer (Incognito)
- 1974Tomomi Kahala, Japanese singer-songwriter and actress
- 1980Van Tuong Nguyen, Thai-Australian drug trafficker (d. 2005)
- 1987Paolo Serrano, Filipino actor
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 17.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1386Karl Topia, the ruler of Princedom of Albania forges an alliance with the Republic of Venice, committing to participate in all wars of the Republic and receiving coastal protection against the Ottomans in return.
- 1740Pope Benedict XIV, previously known as Prospero Lambertini succeeds Clement XII as the 247th Pope.
- 1864American Civil War: Battle of Gainesville: Confederate forces defeat Union troops near Gainesville, Florida.
- 1883The first public performance of the Dominican Republic’s national anthem, Himno Nacional.
- 1915A Category 4 hurricane hits Galveston, Texas with winds at 135 mph.
- 1945Sukarno and Mohammad Hatta proclaim the independence of Indonesia, igniting the Indonesian National Revolution against the Dutch Empire.
- 1950Hill 303 massacre: American POWs are shot to death by the North Korean Army.
- 1960Decolonization: Gabon gains independence from France.
- 1977The Soviet icebreaker Arktika becomes the first surface ship to reach the North Pole.
- 1991Strathfield massacre: In Sydney, Australia, taxi driver Wade Frankum shoots seven people and injures six others before turning the gun on himself.
View the complete list of historical events for August 17.
Curious about this Triple Strawberry Special? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 17 and 1971 reveal that your Life Path number is 7. It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Jonathan Cain, Bob Hoskins, Sophie Monk, Mic Geronimo, Binnie Barnes, Michelle Ye, Alice Babs, G. Hannelius, Matthew Murphy, Jimmy Rogers.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 17 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Metal is the element of a person born on August 17, 1971.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Tuesday’ is ruby.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was How Can You Mend a Broken Heart by Bee Gees as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 21, 1971). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: February 15, 1974 – Tomi Putaansuu, Finnish singer-songwriter (Lordi); May 3, 1910 – Norman Corwin, American screenwriter and producer (d. 2011); May 22, 1982 – Erin McNaught, Australian model and actress, Miss Australia 2006.
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 926