Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of August 1971 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
August 17, 1971 was a Tuesday and it was the 229th day of the year 1971. The next time you can reuse your old 1971 calendar will be in 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Thursday. Next year it will be Friday and two years from now it will be Saturday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 79 days left before your next birthday. You will be 46 years old when that day comes. There have been 16,723 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 566 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on June 9 at 13:11:00 GMT – Friday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1866Julia Marlowe
- 1888Monty Woolley
- 1926Jean Poiret
- 1947Jennifer Rhodes
- 1961Larry B. Scott
- 1976Scott Halberstadt
- 1978Ebon Moss-Bachrach
- 1978Vibeke Stene
- 1981Kristin Adams
- 1987Paolo Serrano
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 17.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 17.
- 1911Mikhail Botvinnik, Russian chess player and engineer (d. 1995)
- 1929Augie Blunt, American actor (d. 1999)
- 1942Shane Porteous, Australian actor, animator, and screenwriter
- 1949Norm Coleman, American lawyer and politician, 52nd Mayor of St. Paul
- 1956Álvaro Pino, Spanish cyclist
- 1969Christian Laettner, American basketball player and coach
- 1970Øyvind Leonhardsen, Norwegian footballer and coach
- 1970Rupert Degas, English actor and producer
- 1989Frederick Lau, German actor
- 1995Gracie Gold, American figure skater
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 17.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1498Cesare Borgia, son of Pope Alexander VI, becomes the first person in history to resign the cardinalate. On the same day, King Louis XII of France names him Duke of Valentinois.
- 1560The Roman Catholic Church is overthrown and Protestantism is established as the national religion in Scotland.
- 1896Bridget Driscoll is run over by a Benz car in the grounds of The Crystal Palace, London, the UK’s first pedestrian motoring fatality.
- 1958Pioneer 0, America’s first attempt at lunar orbit, is launched using the first Thor-Able rocket and fails. Notable as one of the first attempted launches beyond Earth orbit by any country.
- 1969Category 5 Hurricane Camille hits the U.S. Gulf Coast, killing 256 and causing $1.42 billion in damage.
- 1970Venera program: Venera 7 launched. It will later become the first spacecraft to successfully transmit data from the surface of another planet (Venus).
- 1982The first Compact Discs (CDs) are released to the public in Germany.
- 1991Strathfield massacre: In Sydney, Australia, taxi driver Wade Frankum shoots seven people and injures six others before turning the gun on himself.
- 2004The National Assembly of Serbia unanimously adopts new state symbols for Serbia: Bože pravde becomes the new anthem and the coat of arms is adopted for the whole country.
- 2005The first forced evacuation of settlers, as part of Israel’s unilateral disengagement plan, starts.
View the complete list of historical events for August 17.
Curious about this Choco Mocha Grapeberry? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 17 and 1971 reveal that your Life Path number is 7. It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Brad Garrett, Jean Shrimpton, Evan Ellingson, Mary Jo Slater, David O'Doherty, Graham Robertson, Giancarlo Giannini, Seppo Pääkkönen, Taylor Hackford, Mary Jane Croft.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 17 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Metal is the element of a person born on August 17, 1971.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Tuesday’ is ruby.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was How Can You Mend a Broken Heart by Bee Gees as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 21, 1971). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: June 12, 1992 – Allie DiMeco, American actress; February 11, 1909 – Joseph L. Mankiewicz, American director, producer, and screenwriter (d. 1993); September 25, 1948 – Kathi McDonald, American singer (d. 2012).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 976