Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 5th of August 1968 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 6 minutes. Enjoy!
August 5, 1968 was a Monday and it was the 218th day of the year 1968. The next time you can reuse your old 1968 calendar will be in 2024. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Saturday. Next year it will be Sunday and two years from now it will be Monday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 350 days left before your next birthday. You will be 50 years old when that day comes. There have been 17,912 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 607 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on September 6 at 07:04:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get tips about your current relationship and how to improve it. Astrology reports to help you decide when to make yourself available for romantic or social activity. Get your love & romance reports or download free samples!
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1906John Huston
- 1911Robert Taylor
- 1952John Jarratt
- 1962Ramsay Gilderdale
- 1967Thomas Lang
- 1981Cory Williams
- 1981Kō Shibasaki
- 1981Kenta Hamano
- 1987Xenia Tchoumitcheva
- 1990Yui Minami
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 5.
STOP! Are you ready to solve your biggest career problem? First, you need to find out what’s preventing you to move forward in your career. Unlock your potential for success with the Career Analysis report. Get a free sample – no obligation to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 5.
- 1872Oswaldo Cruz, Brazilian physician, bacteriologist, and epidemiologist, founded the Oswaldo Cruz Foundation (d. 1917)
- 1920George Tooker, American painter and academic (d. 2011)
- 1923Devan Nair, Malaysian-Singaporean union leader and politician, 3rd President of Singapore (d. 2005)
- 1940Roman Gabriel, American football player, coach, and actor
- 1951Samantha Sang, Australian singer
- 1968Oleh Luzhny, Ukrainian footballer and manager
- 1971DJ Ajax, Australian DJ and producer (d. 2013)
- 1974Alvin Ceccoli, Australian footballer
- 1983Dawn Richard, American singer-songwriter and dancer (Danity Kane and Diddy – Dirty Money)
- 1991Andreas Weimann, Austrian footballer
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 5.
What is in store for you this year? Let these forecasts and predictions help you succeed in life. Benefit from life changing events and know when they occur. Make everyday activities easier to handle. Get your Forecast Reports or download free samples!
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1068Byzantine–Norman wars: Italo-Normans begin a nearly-three-year siege of Bari.
- 1278The Siege of Algeciras ends in the context of the Spanish Reconquista pitting the forces of the Kingdom of Castile against the Emirate of Granada. The battle resulted in a Granadan victory.
- 1735Freedom of the press: New York Weekly Journal writer John Peter Zenger is acquitted of seditious libel against the royal governor of New York, on the basis that what he had published was true.
- 1860Charles XV of Sweden of Sweden-Norway is crowned king of Norway in Trondheim.
- 1901Peter O'Connor sets the first IAAF recognised long jump world record of 24 ft. The record will stand for 20 years.
- 1941World War II: The Battle of Smolensk concludes with Germany capturing about 300,000 Soviet Red Army prisoners.
- 1944World War II: The Nazis begin a week-long massacre of anywhere between 40,000 and 100,000 civilians and prisoners of war in Wola, Poland.
- 1960Burkina Faso, then known as Upper Volta, becomes independent from France.
- 1962Apartheid in South Africa: Nelson Mandela is jailed. He would not be released until 1990.
- 2003A car bomb explodes in the Indonesian capital of Jakarta outside the Marriott Hotel killing 12 and injuring 150.
View the complete list of historical events for August 5.
Curious about this Watermelon? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 5 and 1968 reveal that your Life Path number is 1. It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Simone Eriksrud, Kay E. Kuter, Wesley Willis, Noël Coward, Kim Carnes, Benny Blanco, Lââm, Shiori Kutsuna, Jayam Ravi, Johnny Tillotson.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 5 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Monkey is the mythical animal and Earth is the element of a person born on August 5, 1968.
Hmmm... what do the stars have to say about you today? Get your daily Leo horoscope for free. Get a boost from the stars! Make today a great day for love, money, and career. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and even yearly format.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Monday’ is pearl.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Hello, I Love You by The Doors as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 10, 1968). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: December 14, 1922 – Antonio Larreta, Uruguayan theatre actor, critic and writer (d. 2015); November 15, 1972 – Jonny Lee Miller, English-American actor; August 25, 1951 – Rob Halford, English singer-songwriter (Judas Priest, 2wo, Halford, and Fight).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,106