Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of August 1980 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
August 8, 1980 was a Friday and it was the 221st day of the year 1980. The next time you can reuse your old 1980 calendar will be in 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Tuesday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Thursday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 107 days left before your next birthday. You will be 37 years old when that day comes. There have been 13,407 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 454 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on May 10 at 21:44:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1911Rosetta LeNoire
- 1944Brooke Bundy
- 1944Michael Johnson
- 1949Keith Carradine
- 1956Cecilia Roth
- 1961Annemieke Verdoorn
- 1978Ebru Yaşar
- 1981Vanessa Amorosi
- 1983Fred Meyers
- 1986Peyton List
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 8.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 8.
- 1889Hans Egede Budtz, Danish actor (d. 1968)
- 1920Jimmy Witherspoon, American singer (d. 1997)
- 1938Connie Stevens, American actress, singer, director, and producer
- 1942John Gustafson, English singer-songwriter and bass player (Roxy Music, Ian Gillan Band, The Big Three, Quatermass, and Episode Six) (d. 2014)
- 1948Susan Himmelweit, English economist and academic
- 1955Diddú, Icelandic singer-songwriter
- 1969Song Sung-il, South Korean wrestler
- 1976Tawny Cypress, American actress
- 1977Szilárd Németh, Slovak footballer and manager
- 1986Chris Pressley, American football player
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 8.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1503King James IV of Scotland marries Margaret Tudor, daughter of King Henry VII of England at Holyrood Abbey in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- 1605The city of Oulu, Finland, is founded by Charles IX of Sweden.
- 1647The Irish Confederate Wars and Wars of the Three Kingdoms: Battle of Dungan’s Hill: English Parliamentary forces defeat Irish forces.
- 1709Bartolomeu de Gusmão demonstrates the lifting power of hot air in an audience before the King of Portugal in Lisbon, Portugal
- 1870The Republic of Ploiești, a failed Radical-Liberal rising against Domnitor Carol of Romania.
- 1885More than 1.5 million people attend the funeral of Ulysses S. Grant in New York City.
- 1927The predecessor to the Philippine Stock Exchange opens.
- 1963The Zimbabwe African National Union (ZANU), the current ruling party of Zimbabwe, is formed by a split from the Zimbabwe African People’s Union.
- 1980The Central Hotel Fire occurs in Bundoran, Ireland.
- 2008A EuroCity express train en route from Kraków, Poland to Prague, Czech Republic strikes a part of a motorway bridge that had fallen onto the railroad track near Studénka railway station in the Czech Republic and derails, killing eight people and injuring 64 others.
View the complete list of historical events for August 8.
Curious about this Royal Delight? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 8 and 1980 reveal that your Life Path number is 7. It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Ethan Hawke, Theo van Gogh, Hiroki Suzuki, Tobe Hooper, King Baggot, Donald P. Bellisario, Brannon Braga, Mandi Lampi, Allan Holdsworth, Danielle Bisutti.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 8 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Monkey is the mythical animal and Metal is the element of a person born on August 8, 1980.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Friday’ is emerald.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Magic by Olivia Newton-John as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 9, 1980). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: June 15, 1977 – Mario Vazquez, American singer and actor; September 30, 1952 – Jack Wild, English actor and singer (d. 2006); February 17, 1991 – Ed Sheeran, English singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer.
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 946