Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 9th of August 2015 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
August 9, 2015 was a Sunday and it was the 221st day of the year 2015. The next time you can reuse your old 2015 calendar will be in 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Wednesday. Next year it will be Thursday and two years from now it will be Friday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 168 days left before your next birthday. You will be 2 years old when that day comes. There have been 563 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 19 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on March 12 at 14:55:00 GMT – Sunday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1935Beverlee McKinsey
- 1943Ken Norton
- 1957Melanie Griffith
- 1959Stuart Hughes
- 1963Jay Leggett
- 1972Ryan Bollman
- 1976Rhona Mitra
- 1982Yekaterina Samutsevich
- 1989Lucy Dixon
- 1991Young Thug
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 9.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 9.
- 1805Joseph Locke, English engineer and politician (d. 1860)
- 1911William Alfred Fowler, American astronomer and astrophysicist, Nobel Laureate (d. 1996)
- 1913Wilbur Norman Christiansen, Australian astronomer and engineer (d. 2007)
- 1938Rod Laver, Australian tennis player and coach
- 1953Roberta Tovey, English actress and singer
- 1968McG, American director and producer
- 1970Thomas Lennon, American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter
- 1977Chamique Holdsclaw, American basketball player
- 1980Texas Battle, American actor
- 1990Adelaide Kane, Australian actress
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 9.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1483Opening of the Sistine Chapel in Rome with the celebration of a Mass.
- 1907The first Boy Scout encampment concludes at Brownsea Island in southern England.
- 1914Start of the Battle of Mulhouse, part of a French attempt to recover the province of Alsace and the first French offensive of World War I.
- 1930Betty Boop makes her cartoon debut in Dizzy Dishes.
- 1944Continuation War: The Vyborg–Petrozavodsk Offensive, the largest offensive launched by Soviet Union against Finland during the Second World War, ends to a strategic stalemate. Both Finnish and Soviet troops at the Finnish front dug to defensive positions, and the front remains stable until the end of the war.
- 1945The Red Army invades Japanese-occupied Manchuria.
- 1945World War II: Nagasaki is devastated when an atomic bomb, Fat Man, is dropped by the United States B-29 Bockscar. 35,000 people are killed outright, including 23,200-28,200 Japanese war workers, 2,000 Korean forced workers, and 150 Japanese soldiers.
- 1969Followers led by Charles Manson murder pregnant actress Sharon Tate (wife of Roman Polanski), coffee heiress Abigail Folger, Polish actor Wojciech Frykowski, men’s hairstylist Jay Sebring and recent high-school graduate Steven Parent.
- 1993The Liberal Democratic Party of Japan loses a 38-year hold on national leadership.
- 1999Russian President Boris Yeltsin fires his Prime Minister, Sergei Stepashin, and for the fourth time fires his entire cabinet.
View the complete list of historical events for August 9.
Curious about this Ancient Delight? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 9 and 2015 reveal that your Life Path number is 7. It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Anthony Daniels, Stefan Raab, Gunnar Nelson, Yoseob, Kris Aquino, Aya Suzaki, Jean Grae, Elisabeth Flickenschildt, Dorothy Young, Bernard Barrow.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 9 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Sheep is the mythical animal and Wood is the element of a person born on August 9, 2015.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Sunday’ is topaz.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Cheerleader by OMI as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 15, 2015). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: March 19, 1933 – Renée Taylor, American actress and screenwriter; December 13, 1954 – Steve Forbert, American singer-songwriter and guitarist; August 7, 1918 – Poni Adams, American actress (d. 2014).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 958