Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 9th of August 2015 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 0 minutes. Enjoy!
August 9, 2015 was a Sunday and it was the 221st day of the year 2015. The next time you can reuse your old 2015 calendar will be in 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Wednesday. Next year it will be Thursday and two years from now it will be Friday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 74 days left before your next birthday. You will be 2 years old when that day comes. There have been 657 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 22 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on June 9 at 13:11:00 GMT – Friday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1935Beverlee McKinsey
- 1942David Steinberg
- 1944Sam Elliott
- 1958Amanda Bearse
- 1965Chin Ka-lok
- 1970Thomas Lennon
- 1976Jessica Capshaw
- 1978Ana Serradilla
- 1985Haruka Kinami
- 1989Kento Ono
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 9.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 9.
- 1797Charles Robert Malden, English lieutenant and surveyor (d. 1855)
- 1909Vinayaka Krishna Gokak, Indian scholar, author, and academic (d. 1992)
- 1911John McQuade, Northern Irish soldier, boxer, and politician (d. 1984)
- 1911William Alfred Fowler, American astronomer and astrophysicist, Nobel Laureate (d. 1996)
- 1938Leonid Kuchma, Ukrainian engineer and politician, 2nd President of Ukraine
- 1970Thomas Lennon, American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter
- 1973Kevin McKidd, Scottish actor and director
- 1983Ashley Johnson, American actress and singer
- 1988Anthony Castonzo, American football player
- 1990Emily Tennant, Canadian actress
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 9.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 378Gothic War: Battle of Adrianople – A large Roman army led by Emperor Valens is defeated by the Visigoths. Valens is killed along with over half of his army.
- 1862American Civil War: Battle of Cedar Mountain – At Cedar Mountain, Virginia, Confederate General Stonewall Jackson narrowly defeats Union forces under General John Pope.
- 1892Thomas Edison receives a patent for a two-way telegraph.
- 1944Continuation War: The Vyborg–Petrozavodsk Offensive, the largest offensive launched by Soviet Union against Finland during the Second World War, ends to a strategic stalemate. Both Finnish and Soviet troops at the Finnish front dug to defensive positions, and the front remains stable until the end of the war.
- 1945World War II: Nagasaki is devastated when an atomic bomb, Fat Man, is dropped by the United States B-29 Bockscar. 35,000 people are killed outright, including 23,200-28,200 Japanese war workers, 2,000 Korean forced workers, and 150 Japanese soldiers.
- 1969Followers led by Charles Manson murder pregnant actress Sharon Tate (wife of Roman Polanski), coffee heiress Abigail Folger, Polish actor Wojciech Frykowski, men’s hairstylist Jay Sebring and recent high-school graduate Steven Parent.
- 1974As a direct result of the Watergate scandal, Richard Nixon becomes the first President of the United States to resign from office. His Vice President, Gerald Ford, becomes president.
- 1993The Liberal Democratic Party of Japan loses a 38-year hold on national leadership.
- 2013Gunmen open fire at a Sunni mosque in the city of Quetta killing at least 10 people and injuring 30.
- 2014Michael Brown, a 18-year-old African American male in Ferguson, Missouri, was shot and killed by a Ferguson police officer, sparking protests and unrest in the city.
View the complete list of historical events for August 9.
Curious about this Stawberry Cream Cake? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 9 and 2015 reveal that your Life Path number is 7. It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Owain Yeoman, Bedia Muvahhit, Carolyn Hennesy, Jacob Tierney, Julia Jones, Małgorzata Braunek, Bosco Wong, Hideo Nakata, Brandon Mychal Smith, Debra Paget.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 9 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Sheep is the mythical animal and Wood is the element of a person born on August 9, 2015.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Sunday’ is topaz.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Cheerleader by OMI as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 15, 2015). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: May 13, 1949 – Zoë Wanamaker, American-English actress; October 8, 1959 – Gavin Friday, Irish singer-songwriter, actor, and producer (Virgin Prunes); June 18, 1957 – Andrea Evans, American actress.
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,020