Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 16th of December 1937 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
December 16, 1937 was a Thursday and it was the 350th day of the year 1937. The next time you can reuse your old 1937 calendar will be in 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Saturday. Next year it will be Sunday and two years from now it will be Monday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 329 days left before your next birthday. You will be 80 years old when that day comes. There have been 28,891 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 979 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on February 11 at 00:34:00 GMT – Saturday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1922Cy Leslie
- 1929Nicholas Courtney
- 1939Philip Langridge
- 1945Patti Deutsch
- 1947Ben Cross
- 1973Jason Molina
- 1973Luisa Ranieri
- 1976Emiri Henmi
- 1978Joe Absolom
- 1986Pärt Uusberg
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for December 16.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Dec 16.
- 1485Catherine of Aragon (d. 1536)
- 1905Piet Hein, Danish mathematician, author, and poet (d. 1996)
- 1910Freddie Brown, Peruvian-English cricketer and sportscaster (d. 1991)
- 1918Pierre Delanoë, French songwriter (d. 2006)
- 1921Eulalio González, Mexican actor, humorist, singer-songwriter, screenwriter, announcer, director and producer (d. 2003)
- 1942Donald Carcieri, American educator and politician, 73rd Governor of Rhode Island
- 1944Don Meyer, American basketball player and coach (d. 2014)
- 1951Mark Heard, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (d. 1992)
- 1959Steve Mattsson, American author and illustrator
- 1968Greg Kovacs, Canadian bodybuilder (d. 2013)
View the complete list of famous birthdays for December 16.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 714Pepin of Herstal, mayor of the Merovingian palace, dies at Jupille (modern Belgium). He is succeeded by his infant grandson Theudoald while his wife Plectrude holds actual power in the Frankish Kingdom.
- 1838Great Trek: Battle of Blood River – Voortrekkers led by Andries Pretorius and Sarel Cilliers defeat Zulu impis, led by Dambuza (Nzobo) and Ndlela kaSompisi in what is today KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
- 1864American Civil War: Battle of Nashville – Major General George Thomas’s Union forces defeat Lieutenant General John Bell Hood’s Confederate Army of Tennessee.
- 1914World War I: German battleships under Franz von Hipper bombard the English ports of Hartlepool and Scarborough.
- 1922President of Poland Gabriel Narutowicz is assassinated by Eligiusz Niewiadomski at the Zachęta Gallery in Warsaw.
- 1937Theodore Cole and Ralph Roe attempt to escape from the American federal prison on Alcatraz Island in San Francisco Bay; neither is ever seen again.
- 1947William Shockley, John Bardeen and Walter Brattain build the first practical point-contact transistor.
- 1960A United Airlines Douglas DC-8 and a TWA Lockheed Super Constellation collide over Staten Island, New York and crash, killing all 128 people aboard both aircraft and 6 more on the ground.
- 1971Bangladesh Liberation War and Indo-Pakistani War of 1971: The surrender of the Pakistan Army brings an end to both conflicts. This is commemorated annually as Victory Day in Bangladesh, and as Vijay Diwas in India.
- 1986Gennady Kolbin replaces Dinmukhamed Konayev as First Secretary of the Kazakh Communist Party, prompting the Jeltoqsan protests which began the next day.
View the complete list of historical events for December 16.
Curious about this Vanilla Strawberry? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 12, 16 and 1937 reveal that your Life Path number is 3. It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Alexa Dectis, Christopher Wolstenholme, Bob Seger, Carroll Baker, Chrispa, Liz Torres, Rick Savage, Harry Wayne Casey, Spencer Redford, Paulina Gretzky.
The zodiac sign of a person born on December 16 is Sagittarius ♐. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Fire is the element of a person born on December 16, 1937.
Turquoise is the modern birthstone for the month of December while Onyx is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Sagittarius is topaz. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Thursday’ is sapphire.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: January 6, 1903 – Francis L. Sullivan, English-American actor (d. 1956); June 14, 1931 – Kenneth Cope, English actor; May 9, 1937 – Sonny Curtis, American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 965