Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of December 1979 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
December 8, 1979 was a Saturday and it was the 342nd day of the year 1979. The next time you can reuse your old 1979 calendar will be in 2018. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Friday. Next year it will be Saturday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 221 days left before your next birthday. You will be 38 years old when that day comes. There have been 13,659 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 462 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on May 10 at 21:44:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1886Albert Üksip
- 1930Maximilian Schell
- 1943Mary Woronov
- 1946John Rubinstein
- 1947Gérard Blanc
- 1966Sinéad O'Connor
- 1982Chrisette Michele
- 2001Tylen Jacob Williams
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for December 8.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Dec 8.
- 1861William C. Durant, American businessman, founded General Motors and Chevrolet (d. 1947)
- 1862Georges Feydeau, French playwright (d. 1921)
- 1884Francis Cecil Campbell Balfour, English Lieutenant-Colonel in the british Army and colonial administrator (d. 1965)
- 1909Gratien Gélinas, Canadian actor, director, and producer (d. 1999)
- 1930Julian Critchley, English journalist and politician (d. 2000)
- 1939James Galway, Northern Irish musician
- 1968Michael Cole, American journalist and sportscaster
- 1977Ryan Newman, American race car driver
- 1978Frédéric Piquionne, French footballer
- 1979Raymond Lam, Chinese actor and singer
View the complete list of famous birthdays for December 8.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1596Luis de Carabajal the younger, one of the first Jewish authors in the Americas, died in an auto-da-fé during the Spanish Inquisition in Mexico City.
- 1813Premier of Beethoven’s Seventh Symphony.
- 1914World War I: A squadron of Britain’s Royal Navy defeats an inferior squadron of the Imperial German High Seas Fleet in the Battle of the Falkland Islands in the South Atlantic.
- 1949The United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East is established to provide aid to Palestinian refugees who left their homes during the 1948 Palestinian exodus.
- 1966The Greek ship SS Heraklion sinks in a storm in the Aegean Sea, killing over 200.
- 1971Indo-Pakistani War: The Indian Navy launches an attack on West Pakistan’s port city of Karachi.
- 1987An Israeli army tank transporter kills four Palestinian refugees and injures seven others during a traffic accident at the Erez Crossing on the Israel–Gaza Strip border, sparking the First Intifada.
- 1991The leaders of Russia, Belarus and Ukraine sign an agreement dissolving the Soviet Union and establishing the Commonwealth of Independent States.
- 2009Bombings in Baghdad, Iraq, kill 127 and injure 448.
- 2013Riots break out in Singapore after a fatal accident in Little India.
View the complete list of historical events for December 8.
Curious about this Cool Blue Kokoro? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 12, 8 and 1979 reveal that your Life Path number is 1. It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Rikiya Otaka, Tony Dalton, Tooba Siddiqui, Queenie Watts, Gordon Honeycombe, Takuya Ishida, Jim Sturgess, Field Cate, Rea Garvey, Virginia Williams.
The zodiac sign of a person born on December 8 is Sagittarius ♐. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Sheep is the mythical animal and Earth is the element of a person born on December 8, 1979.
Turquoise is the modern birthstone for the month of December while Onyx is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Sagittarius is topaz. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Babe by Styx as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (December 8, 1979). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: February 27, 1951 – Steve Harley, English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Cockney Rebel); December 17, 1903 – Ray Noble, English bandleader, composer, and actor (d. 1978); September 16, 1958 – Jennifer Tilly, American actress and poker player.
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 978