Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of December 1979 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 0 minutes. Enjoy!
December 8, 1979 was a Saturday and it was the 342nd day of the year 1979. The next time you can reuse your old 1979 calendar will be in 2018. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Friday. Next year it will be Saturday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 282 days left before your next birthday. You will be 38 years old when that day comes. There have been 13,598 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 460 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on March 12 at 14:55:00 GMT – Sunday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1911Lee J. Cobb
- 1939Dariush Mehrjui
- 1943Jim Morrison
- 1951Jan Eggum
- 1955Kasim Sulton
- 1964Mike Ruiz
- 1964Teri Hatcher
- 1967Junkie XL
- 1970Me Phi Me
- 1996Teala Dunn
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for December 8.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Dec 8.
- 1678Horatio Walpole, 1st Baron Walpole, English politician and diplomat, British Ambassador to France (d. 1757)
- 1943Larry Martin, American paleontologist and ornithologist (d. 2013)
- 1943Mary Woronov, American actress, director, and screenwriter
- 1952Khaw Boon Wan, Malayan-Singaporean politician, Singaporean Minister of Health
- 1963Greg Howe, American guitarist, songwriter, and producer
- 1966Sinéad O'Connor, Irish singer-songwriter
- 1967Kotono Mitsuishi, Japanese voice actress and singer
- 1984Emma Green Tregaro, Swedish high jumper
- 1984Sam Hunt, American singer-songwriter
- 1987Jana Juricová, Slovak tennis player
View the complete list of famous birthdays for December 8.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 757Du Fu returns to Chang'an as a member of Emperor Xuanzong’s court, after having escaped the city during the An Lushan Rebellion.
- 1660A woman (either Margaret Hughes or Anne Marshall) appears on an English public stage for the first time, in the role of Desdemona in a production of Shakespeare’s play Othello.
- 1854In his Apostolic constitution Ineffabilis Deus, Pope Pius IX proclaims the dogmatic definition of Immaculate Conception, which holds that the Virgin Mary was conceived free of original sin.
- 1912Leaders of the German Empire hold an Imperial War Council to discuss the possibility that war might break out.
- 1927The Brookings Institution, one of the United States’ oldest think tanks, is founded through the merger of three organizations that had been created by philanthropist Robert S. Brookings.
- 1963Pan Am Flight 214, a Boeing 707, is struck by lightning and crashes near Elkton, Maryland, killing all 81 people on board.
- 1966The Greek ship SS Heraklion sinks in a storm in the Aegean Sea, killing over 200.
- 1987An Israeli army tank transporter kills four Palestinian refugees and injures seven others during a traffic accident at the Erez Crossing on the Israel–Gaza Strip border, sparking the First Intifada.
- 1988A United States Air Force A-10 Thunderbolt II crashes into an apartment complex in Remscheid, Germany, killing 5 people and injuring 50 others.
- 2009Bombings in Baghdad, Iraq, kill 127 and injure 448.
View the complete list of historical events for December 8.
Curious about this Perfect Gift Box? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 12, 8 and 1979 reveal that your Life Path number is 1. It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Alan Wilson, Helmut Käutner, Regina Duarte, George Abbott, George Carlin, Petrea Burchard, Katherine Webb, Dick Shawn, Kéllé Bryan, Nanao.
The zodiac sign of a person born on December 8 is Sagittarius ♐. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Sheep is the mythical animal and Earth is the element of a person born on December 8, 1979.
Turquoise is the modern birthstone for the month of December while Onyx is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Sagittarius is topaz. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Babe by Styx as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (December 8, 1979). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: July 7, 1901 – Eiji Tsuburaya, Japanese cinematographer and producer (d. 1970); September 17, 1930 – David Huddleston, American actor; October 7, 1975 – Damian Kulash, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (OK Go and 8in8).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,001