Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 18th of January 1947 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
January 18, 1947 was a Saturday and it was the 18th day of the year 1947. The next time you can reuse your old 1947 calendar will be in 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Wednesday. Next year it will be Thursday and two years from now it will be Friday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 239 days left before your next birthday. You will be 71 years old when that day comes. There have been 25,694 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 870 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on June 9 at 13:11:00 GMT – Friday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1892Oliver Hardy
- 1915Vassilis Tsitsanis
- 1937Dick Durock
- 1961Mark Rylance
- 1969Dave Bautista
- 1969Jesse L. Martin
- 1972Vinod Kambli
- 1977Curtis Cregan
- 1982Joanna Newsom
- 1994Kang Ji-young
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for January 18.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Jan 18.
- 1764Samuel Whitbread, English politician (d. 1815)
- 1782Daniel Webster, American lawyer and politician, 14th United States Secretary of State (d. 1852)
- 1842A. A. Ames, American physician and politician, Mayor of Minneapolis (d. 1911)
- 1911José María Arguedas, Peruvian anthropologist, author, and poet (d. 1969)
- 1914Arno Schmidt, German author and translator (d. 1979)
- 1951Alan Moody, English footballer
- 1961Bob Hansen, American basketball player and sportscaster
- 1971Christian Fittipaldi, Brazilian race car driver
- 1982Mary Jepkosgei Keitany, Kenyan runner
- 1984Makoto Hasebe, Japanese footballer
View the complete list of famous birthdays for January 18.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1701Frederick I crowns himself King of Prussia in Königsberg.
- 1866Wesley College, Melbourne, is established.
- 1913First Balkan War: A Greek flotilla defeats the Ottoman Navy in the Naval Battle of Lemnos, securing the islands of the Northern Aegean Sea for Greece.
- 1944The Metropolitan Opera House in New York City hosts a jazz concert for the first time. The performers are Louis Armstrong, Benny Goodman, Lionel Hampton, Artie Shaw, Roy Eldridge and Jack Teagarden.
- 1967Albert DeSalvo, the “Boston Strangler”, is convicted of numerous crimes and is sentenced to life imprisonment.
- 1969United Airlines Flight 266 crashes into Santa Monica Bay killing all 32 passengers and six crew members.
- 1978The European Court of Human Rights finds the United Kingdom government guilty of mistreating prisoners in Northern Ireland, but not guilty of torture.
- 1978The roof structure of the Hartford Civic Center collapses after a significant snowfall.
- 1997In northwest Rwanda, Hutu militia members kill three Spanish aid workers, three soldiers and seriously wound one other.
- 2007The strongest storm in the United Kingdom in 17 years kills 14 people and Germany sees the worst storm since 1999 with 13 deaths. Hurricane Kyrill causes at least 44 deaths across 20 countries in Western Europe.
View the complete list of historical events for January 18.
Curious about this Vanilla Candy Surprise? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 1, 18 and 1947 reveal that your Life Path number is 4. It represents growth, building and foundation. You are practical, down to earth with strong ideas about right and wrong.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: M. K. Stalin, Sayed Darwish, Richard Street, Patrick Schwarzenegger, Jack Palance, Jules Asner, Ryan Castro, Björn Afzelius, Eoghan Quigg, Meg Myers.
The zodiac sign of a person born on January 18 is Capricorn ♑. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Dog is the mythical animal and Fire is the element of a person born on January 18, 1947.
Garnet is the modern birthstone for the month of January while Emerald is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Capricorn is ruby. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: March 30, 1933 – Jean-Claude Brialy, French actor and director (d. 2007); March 10, 1994 – JoJo Offerman, American wrestler and singer; April 4, 1906 – John Cameron Swayze, American journalist and actor (d. 1995).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 901