Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 9th of March 1978 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
March 9, 1978 was a Thursday and it was the 68th day of the year 1978. The next time you can reuse your old 1978 calendar will be in 2017. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Thursday. Next year it will be Friday and two years from now it will be Saturday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 344 days left before your next birthday. You will be 40 years old when that day comes. There have been 14,266 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 483 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on April 11 at 06:09:00 GMT – Tuesday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1856Eddie Foy, Sr.
- 1933Lloyd Price
- 1936Marty Ingels
- 1971Diego Torres
- 1976Yamila Diaz-Rahi
- 1980Matthew Gray Gubler
- 1988Alodia Gosiengfiao
- 1989Kim Tae-yeon
- 1991Domo Genesis
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for March 9.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Mar 9.
- 1285Emperor Go-Nijō of Japan (d. 1318)
- 1727Johann Gottlieb Preller, German cantor, composer, and surveyor (d. 1786)
- 1820Samuel Blatchford, American lawyer and jurist (d. 1893)
- 1909Derk Bodde, American sinologist and historian (d. 2003)
- 1910Samuel Barber, American pianist and composer (d. 1981)
- 1915Johnnie Johnson, English air marshal and pilot (d. 2001)
- 1918George Lincoln Rockwell, American sailor and politician, founded the American Nazi Party (d. 1967)
- 1920Franjo Mihalić, Croatian-Serbian runner and coach (d. 2015)
- 1930Ornette Coleman, American saxophonist, violinist, trumpet player, and composer (d. 2015)
- 1933Mel Lastman, Canadian businessman and politician, 62nd Mayor of Toronto
View the complete list of famous birthdays for March 9.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1500The fleet of Pedro Álvares Cabral leaves Lisbon for the Indies. The fleet will discover Brazil which lies within boundaries granted to Portugal in the Treaty of Tordesillas.
- 1842The first documented discovery of gold in California occurs at Rancho San Francisco, six years before the California Gold Rush.
- 1847Mexican–American War: The first large-scale amphibious assault in U.S. history is launched in the Siege of Veracruz.
- 1896Prime Minister Francesco Crispi resigns following the Italian defeat at the Battle of Adwa.
- 1944World War II: Japanese troops counter-attack American forces on Hill 700 in Bougainville in a battle that would last five days.
- 1956Soviet forces suppress mass demonstrations in the Georgian SSR, reacting to Nikita Khrushchev’s de-Stalinization policy.
- 1961Sputnik 9 successfully launches, carrying a human dummy nicknamed Ivan Ivanovich, and demonstrating that Soviet Union was ready to begin human spaceflight.
- 1967Trans World Airlines Flight 553, a Douglas DC-9-15, crashes in a field in Concord Township, Ohio following a mid-air collision with a Beechcraft Baron, killing 26.
- 1977The Hanafi Siege: In a thirty-nine-hour standoff, armed Hanafi Muslims seize three Washington, D.C., buildings, killing two and taking 149 hostage.
- 2015Two helicopters collided near Villa Castelli, Argentina killing 10 people.
View the complete list of historical events for March 9.
Curious about this Golden Choco Sandwich? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 3, 9 and 1978 reveal that your Life Path number is 1. It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Thomas Allen, Vytautas Šapranauskas, Lavell Crawford, Bennett Miller, Mo'Nique, Adam Schlesinger, Dana Reeve, Adriana Caselotti, Kay E. Kuter, Rina Aizawa.
The zodiac sign of a person born on March 9 is Pisces ♓. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Horse is the mythical animal and Earth is the element of a person born on March 9, 1978.
Aquamarine is the modern birthstone for the month of March while Jade is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Pisces is amethyst. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Thursday’ is sapphire.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was (Love Is) Thicker Than Water by Andy Gibb as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (March 11, 1978). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: June 6, 1950 – Chantal Akerman, Belgian actress, director, and producer (d. 2015); October 21, 1926 – Leonard Rossiter, English actor (d. 1984); July 13, 1981 – Fran Kranz, American actor.
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 984