Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 1st of May 1940 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
May 1, 1940 was a Wednesday and it was the 122nd day of the year 1940. The next time you can reuse your old 1940 calendar will be in 2024. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Monday. Next year it will be Tuesday and two years from now it will be Wednesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 68 days left before your next birthday. You will be 77 years old when that day comes. There have been 28,056 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 950 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on March 12 at 14:55:00 GMT – Sunday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1919Manna Dey
- 1959Yasmina Reza
- 1968Sol Kyung-gu
- 1978James Badge Dale
- 1978Orhan Ölmez
- 1988Nicholas Braun
- 1989Tim Urban
- 1992You Kikkawa
- 1997Miles Ocampo
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for May 1.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 1.
- 1585Sophia Olelkovich Radziwill, Belarusian saint (d. 1612)
- 1915Archie Williams, American runner and educator (d. 1993)
- 1923Milan Kangrga, Croatian philosopher and theorist (d. 2008)
- 1924Evelyn Boyd Granville, American mathematician, computer scientist, and academic
- 1928Desmond Titterington, Irish-Scottish race car driver (d. 2002)
- 1945Carson Whitsett, American keyboard player, songwriter, and producer (The Imperial Show Band and Booker T. & the M.G.'s) (d. 2007)
- 1951Antony Worrall Thompson, English chef and television host
- 1987Leonardo Bonucci, Italian footballer
- 1988Maria Balaba, Latvian figure skater
- 1997Miles Ocampo, Filipino actress and singer
View the complete list of famous birthdays for May 1.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 880The Nea Ekklesia is inaugurated in Constantinople, setting the model for all later cross-in-square Orthodox churches.
- 1753Publication of Species Plantarum by Linnaeus, and the formal start date of plant taxonomy adopted by the International Code of Botanical Nomenclature.
- 1794War of the Pyrenees: The Battle of Boulou ends, in which French forces defeat the Spanish and regain nearly all the land they lost to Spain in 1793.
- 1863American Civil War: The Battle of Chancellorsville begins.
- 1884Proclamation of the demand for eight-hour workday in the United States.
- 1886Rallies are held throughout the United States demanding the eight-hour work day, culminating in the Haymarket affair in Chicago, in commemoration of which May 1 is celebrated as International Workers’ Day in many countries.
- 1947Portella della Ginestra massacre against May Day celebrations in Sicily by the bandit and separatist leader Salvatore Giuliano where 11 persons are killed and 33 wounded.
- 1965Battle of Dong-Yin, a naval conflict between ROC and PRC, takes place.
- 1994Three-time Formula One world champion Ayrton Senna is killed in an accident during the San Marino Grand Prix at Imola.
- 2007The Los Angeles May Day mêlée occurs, in which the Los Angeles Police Department’s response to a May Day pro-immigration rally become a matter of controversy.
View the complete list of historical events for May 1.
Curious about this Dark Chocolate Whirly? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 1 and 1940 reveal that your Life Path number is 11. It is a master number that represents intuition, idealism and invention. You have the potential to be a source of inspiration and illumination for people.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Mady Rahl, Daniel Hyde, Hawksley Workman, Kang Dong-won, Ronnie Hawkins, Liu Shishi, Al Wilson, Joyce Randolph, Jang Dong-gun, John Raitt.
The zodiac sign of a person born on May 1 is Taurus ♉. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Dragon is the mythical animal and Metal is the element of a person born on May 1, 1940.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Wednesday’ is amethyst.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: July 13, 1962 – Tom Kenny, American voice actor, singer, and screenwriter; February 27, 1957 – Timothy Spall, English actor and singer; May 30, 1967 – Tim Burgess, English singer-songwriter (The Charlatans and The Chavs).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 926