Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 16th of May 1983 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 4 minutes. Enjoy!
May 16, 1983 was a Monday and it was the 136th day of the year 1983. The next time you can reuse your old 1983 calendar will be in 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Tuesday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Thursday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 115 days left before your next birthday. You will be 34 years old when that day comes. There have been 12,304 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 417 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on February 11 at 00:34:00 GMT – Saturday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1909Margaret Sullavan
- 1921Harry Carey, Jr.
- 1931Jack Dodson
- 1945Nicky Chinn
- 1969Tracey Gold
- 1971Rachel Goswell
- 1973Kōsuke Toriumi
- 1974Laura Pausini
- 1979Barbara Nedeljáková
- 1990Thomas Brodie-Sangster
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for May 16.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 16.
- 1938Stuart Bell, English lawyer and politician (d. 2012)
- 1943Dan Coats, American politician and diplomat, 29th United States Ambassador to Germany
- 1945Marta Beatriz Roque, Cuban economist and activist
- 1948Emma Georgina Rothschild, English historian and academic
- 1955Hazel O'Connor, English-Irish singer-songwriter and actress
- 1964Boyd Tinsley, American singer-songwriter and violinist (Dave Matthews Band)
- 1964John Salley, American basketball player and actor
- 1978Jim Sturgess, English singer-songwriter and actor
- 1982Ju Ji-hoon, South Korean actor
- 1984Tomáš Fleischmann, Czech ice hockey player
View the complete list of famous birthdays for May 16.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1568Mary, Queen of Scots, flees to England.
- 1874A flood on the Mill River in Massachusetts destroys much of four villages and kills 139 people.
- 1914The first ever National Challenge Cup final is played. Brooklyn Field Club defeats Brooklyn Celtic 2–1.
- 1920In Rome, Pope Benedict XV canonizes Joan of Arc.
- 1943The Holocaust: The Warsaw Ghetto Uprising ends.
- 1960Theodore Maiman operates the first optical laser (a ruby laser), at Hughes Research Laboratories in Malibu, California.
- 1961Park Chung-hee leads a coup d'état to overthrow the Second Republic of South Korea.
- 1966The Communist Party of China issues the “May 16 Notice”, marking the beginning of the Cultural Revolution.
- 1983Sudan People’s Liberation Army/Movement rebels against the Sudanese government.
- 2015A passenger train collides with a tractor and trailer on a level crossing at Ibbenbüren, Germany. Two people are killed and 40 are injured.
View the complete list of historical events for May 16.
Curious about this Huckleberry Mint? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 16 and 1983 reveal that your Life Path number is 6. It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: James Tupper, Greg Evigan, Chad Hayes, Irene Rich, Emily Procter, Pierre Schaeffer, Gene L. Coon, Kathleen Munroe, Tony Becker, Joachim Fuchsberger.
The zodiac sign of a person born on May 16 is Taurus ♉. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Water is the element of a person born on May 16, 1983.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Monday’ is pearl.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Let’s Dance by David Bowie as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 21, 1983). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: July 7, 1986 – Ana Kasparian, American journalist and producer; March 21, 1951 – Koichi Iwaki, Korean-Japanese actor; November 7, 1914 – Archie Campbell, American actor, singer, and screenwriter (d. 1987).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 899