Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of May 1957 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 4 minutes. Enjoy!
May 17, 1957 was a Friday and it was the 137th day of the year 1957. The next time you can reuse your old 1957 calendar will be in 2019. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Wednesday. Next year it will be Thursday and two years from now it will be Friday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 116 days left before your next birthday. You will be 60 years old when that day comes. There have been 21,799 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 738 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on February 11 at 00:34:00 GMT – Saturday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1911Lisa Fonssagrives
- 1955Bill Paxton
- 1958Paul Di'Anno
- 1961Jamil Azzaoui
- 1969Alan Doyle
- 1974Andrea Corr
- 1981Shiri Maimon
- 1988Nikki Reed
- 1991Daniel Curtis Lee
- 1996Ryan Ochoa
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for May 17.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 17.
- 1863Léon Gérin, Canadian lawyer, sociologist, and civil servant (d. 1951)
- 1868Horace Elgin Dodge, American businessman, co-founded Dodge (d. 1920)
- 1911Lisa Fonssagrives, Swedish-American model (d. 1992)
- 1919Gustav Naan, Russian-Estonian physicist and philosopher (d. 1994)
- 1919Merle Miller, American author and screenwriter (d. 1986)
- 1932Rodric Braithwaite, English soldier and diplomat, British Ambassador to Russia
- 1945Tony Roche, Australian tennis player and coach
- 1957Pascual Pérez, Dominican baseball player (d. 2012)
- 1974William Yiampoy, Kenyan runner
- 1985Todd Redmond, American baseball player
View the complete list of famous birthdays for May 17.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1536George Boleyn, 2nd Viscount Rochford and four other men are executed for treason.
- 1808Napoleon I of France orders the annexation of the Papal States to the French Empire.
- 1902Greek archaeologist Valerios Stais discovers the Antikythera mechanism, an ancient mechanical analog computer.
- 1915The last British Liberal Party government (led by Herbert Henry Asquith) falls.
- 1940World War II: the old city centre of the Dutch town of Middelburg is bombed by the German Luftwaffe, to force the surrender of the Dutch armies in Zeeland.
- 1969Venera program: Soviet Venera 6 begins its descent into the atmosphere of Venus, sending back atmospheric data before being crushed by pressure.
- 1980General Chun Doo-hwan of South Korea seizes control of the government and declares martial law in order to suppress student demonstrations.
- 1990The General Assembly of the World Health Organization (WHO) eliminates homosexuality from the list of psychiatric diseases.
- 1992Three days of popular protests against the government of Prime Minister of Thailand Suchinda Kraprayoon begin in Bangkok, leading to a military crackdown that results in 52 officially confirmed deaths, many disappearances, hundreds of injuries, and over 3,500 arrests.
- 2000Arsenal and Galatasaray fans clash in the 2000 UEFA Cup Final riots in Copenhagen
View the complete list of historical events for May 17.
Curious about this Seoul Bubbles? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 17 and 1957 reveal that your Life Path number is 8. It represents experience, authority and endeavour. You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Jennifer Esposito, Kazuki Namioka, Jonas Kjellgren, David Cronenberg, Poppy Montgomery, Wilford Brimley, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Neal Morse, Mary Philbin, Robin Tunney.
The zodiac sign of a person born on May 17 is Taurus ♉. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Rooster is the mythical animal and Fire is the element of a person born on May 17, 1957.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Friday’ is emerald.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: September 6, 1919 – Louise LaPlanche, American actress (d. 2012); September 27, 1947 – Barbara Dickson, Scottish singer-songwriter and actress; October 12, 1928 – Domna Samiou, Greek singer and musicologist (d. 2012).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 896