Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of May 1980 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
May 17, 1980 was a Saturday and it was the 138th day of the year 1980. The next time you can reuse your old 1980 calendar will be in 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Wednesday. Next year it will be Thursday and two years from now it will be Friday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 20 days left before your next birthday. You will be 37 years old when that day comes. There have been 13,494 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 457 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on May 10 at 21:44:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1889Dorothy Gibson
- 1926Dietmar Schönherr
- 1942Taj Mahal
- 1946Peter Hinwood
- 1956Sugar Ray Leonard
- 1966Hill Harper
- 1973Steve Barakatt
- 1985Alyssa Stringfellow
- 1990Leven Rambin
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for May 17.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 17.
- 1768Caroline of Brunswick (d. 1821)
- 1924Francis Tombs, Baron Tombs, English engineer and politician
- 1929Branko Zebec, Croatian football player and coach (d. 1988)
- 1936Dennis Hopper, American actor and director (d. 2010)
- 1946F. Paul Wilson, American author
- 1958Paul Di'Anno, English singer-songwriter (Iron Maiden and Gogmagog)
- 1975Kostas Sommer, German-Greek actor and producer
- 1986Timo Simonlatser, Estonian skier
- 1987Ott Lepland, Estonian singer
- 1990Guido Pella, Argentinian tennis player
View the complete list of famous birthdays for May 17.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1590Anne of Denmark is crowned Queen of Scotland.
- 1642Paul Chomedey de Maisonneuve (1612–1676) founds the Ville Marie de Montréal.
- 1814Occupation of Monaco changes from French to Austrian.
- 1863Rosalía de Castro publishes Cantares Gallegos, the first book in the Galician language.
- 1875Aristides wins the first Kentucky Derby.
- 1940World War II: Germany occupies Brussels, Belgium.
- 1967Six-Day War: President Gamal Abdel Nasser of Egypt demands dismantling of the peace-keeping UN Emergency Force in Egypt.
- 1974The Troubles: Thirty-three civilians are killed and 300 injured when the Ulster Volunteer Force (UVF) detonates four car bombs in Dublin and Monaghan, Republic of Ireland. It is the deadliest attack of the Troubles and the deadliest terrorist attack in the Republic’s history. There are allegations that British state forces were involved.
- 1994Malawi holds its first multi-party elections.
- 1995Shawn Nelson steals a tank from a military installation and goes on a rampage in San Diego resulting in a 25-minute police chase. Nelson is killed by an officer after the tank got stuck on a concrete barrier and tried to break free.
View the complete list of historical events for May 17.
Curious about this Kamias Butter Ball? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 17 and 1980 reveal that your Life Path number is 22. It is a master number that represents practical idealism and material mastery. You were born under the most powerful and potentially the most successful of all Life Path numbers.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Elva Hsiao, Ione Skye, Maja Latinović, Bert Jansch, Dennis Farina, Masaaki Uchino, Bobby Short, Gene Vincent, Ed Flanders, Susanne Zenor.
The zodiac sign of a person born on May 17 is Taurus ♉. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Monkey is the mythical animal and Metal is the element of a person born on May 17, 1980.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Call Me by Blondie as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 17, 1980). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: March 13, 1955 – Glenne Headly, American actress; July 7, 1992 – Toni Garrn, German model; August 19, 1918 – Jimmy Rowles, American singer-songwriter and pianist (d. 1996).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 930