Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of May 1980 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
May 17, 1980 was a Saturday and it was the 138th day of the year 1980. The next time you can reuse your old 1980 calendar will be in 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Wednesday. Next year it will be Thursday and two years from now it will be Friday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 50 days left before your next birthday. You will be 37 years old when that day comes. There have been 13,464 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 456 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on April 11 at 06:09:00 GMT – Tuesday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1904Jean Gabin
- 1935Dennis Potter
- 1942Al White
- 1955Bill Paxton
- 1965Trent Reznor
- 1973Tamsier Joof
- 1976Kandi Burruss
- 1976Wang Leehom
- 1981Lim Jeong-hee
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for May 17.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 17.
- 1836Wilhelm Steinitz, Austrian-American chess player (d. 1900)
- 1950Janez Drnovšek, Slovenian economist and politician, 2nd President of Slovenia (d. 2008)
- 1958Paul Whitehouse, Welsh-English actor, producer, and screenwriter
- 1961Jamil Azzaoui, Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist
- 1966Qusay Hussein, Iraqi soldier and politician (d. 2003)
- 1974Andrea Corr, Irish singer-songwriter, pianist, and actress (The Corrs)
- 1979Wayne Thomas, English footballer
- 1982Matt Cassel, American football player
- 1990Fabian Giefer, German footballer
- 1991Daniel Curtis Lee, American actor and rapper
View the complete list of famous birthdays for May 17.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1808Napoleon I of France orders the annexation of the Papal States to the French Empire.
- 1863Rosalía de Castro publishes Cantares Gallegos, the first book in the Galician language.
- 1869Imperial Japanese forces defeat the remnants of the Tokugawa shogunate in the Battle of Hakodate to end the Boshin War.
- 1900Second Boer War: British troops relieve Mafeking.
- 1939The Columbia Lions and the Princeton Tigers play in the United States’ first televised sporting event, a collegiate baseball game in New York City.
- 1940World War II: Germany occupies Brussels, Belgium.
- 1954The United States Supreme Court hands down a unanimous decision in Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka, Kansas.
- 1980On the eve of presidential elections, Maoist guerrilla group Shining Path attacks a polling location in the town of Chuschi, Ayacucho, starting the Internal conflict in Peru.
- 1987An Iraqi Dassault Mirage F1 fighter jet fires two missiles into the U.S. Navy warship USS Stark, killing 37 and injuring 21 of her crew.
- 2006The aircraft carrier USS Oriskany is sunk in the Gulf of Mexico as an artificial reef.
View the complete list of historical events for May 17.
Curious about this Pink Bubble Heart? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 17 and 1980 reveal that your Life Path number is 22. It is a master number that represents practical idealism and material mastery. You were born under the most powerful and potentially the most successful of all Life Path numbers.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Carolina Crescentini, John Partridge, Peyton List, Gordon Lightfoot, De'Angelo Wilson, Amy Adams, Chief Dan George, Tzavalas Karousos, Liu Yifei, Henry Darrow.
The zodiac sign of a person born on May 17 is Taurus ♉. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Monkey is the mythical animal and Metal is the element of a person born on May 17, 1980.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Call Me by Blondie as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 17, 1980). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: April 22, 1926 – Charlotte Rae, American actress and singer; December 14, 1989 – Onew, South Korean singer-songwriter, dancer, and actor (Shinee); December 9, 1966 – Toby Huss, American actor and screenwriter.
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 942