Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of May 1980 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
May 17, 1980 was a Saturday and it was the 138th day of the year 1980. The next time you can reuse your old 1980 calendar will be in 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Wednesday. Next year it will be Thursday and two years from now it will be Friday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 271 days left before your next birthday. You will be 38 years old when that day comes. There have been 13,608 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 461 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on September 6 at 07:04:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get tips about your current relationship and how to improve it. Astrology reports to help you decide when to make yourself available for romantic or social activity. Get your love & romance reports or download free samples!
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1914Robert N. Thompson
- 1938Pervis Jackson
- 1942Al White
- 1942Taj Mahal
- 1943David Simeon
- 1956Bob Saget
- 1961Jamil Azzaoui
- 1973Josh Homme
- 1973Sasha Alexander
- 1996Ryan Ochoa
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for May 17.
STOP! Are you ready to solve your biggest career problem? First, you need to find out what’s preventing you to move forward in your career. Unlock your potential for success with the Career Analysis report. Get a free sample – no obligation to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 17.
- 1682Bartholomew Roberts, Welsh pirate (d. 1722)
- 1904Jean Gabin, French actor and singer (d. 1976)
- 1906Zinka Milanov, Croatian-American soprano and educator (d. 1989)
- 1909Julius Sumner Miller, American physicist and academic (d. 1987)
- 1922Jean Rédélé, French race car driver, founded Alpine (d. 2007)
- 1955Bill Paxton, American actor and director
- 1963Page McConnell, American keyboard player and songwriter (Phish, Vida Blue, and Phil Lesh and Friends)
- 1970Hubert Davis, American basketball player and coach
- 1974Wiki González, Venezuelan baseball player
- 1981Leon Osman, English footballer
View the complete list of famous birthdays for May 17.
What is in store for you this year? Let these forecasts and predictions help you succeed in life. Benefit from life changing events and know when they occur. Make everyday activities easier to handle. Get your Forecast Reports or download free samples!
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1775American Revolutionary War: the Continental Congress bans trade with Quebec.
- 1808Napoleon I of France orders the annexation of the Papal States to the French Empire.
- 1863Rosalía de Castro publishes Cantares Gallegos, the first book in the Galician language.
- 1865The International Telegraph Union (later the International Telecommunication Union) is established in Paris.
- 1940World War II: Germany occupies Brussels, Belgium.
- 1967Six-Day War: President Gamal Abdel Nasser of Egypt demands dismantling of the peace-keeping UN Emergency Force in Egypt.
- 1983Lebanon, Israel, and the United States sign an agreement on Israeli withdrawal from Lebanon.
- 1983The U.S. Department of Energy declassifies documents showing world’s largest mercury pollution event in Oak Ridge, Tennessee (ultimately found to be 4.2 million pounds), in response to the Appalachian Observer’s Freedom of Information Act request.
- 1984Prince Charles calls a proposed addition to the National Gallery, London, a “monstrous carbuncle on the face of a much-loved and elegant friend”, sparking controversies on the proper role of the Royal Family and the course of modern architecture.
- 1997Troops of Laurent Kabila march into Kinshasa. Zaire is officially renamed Democratic Republic of the Congo.
View the complete list of historical events for May 17.
Curious about this Royal Purple Kokoro? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 17 and 1980 reveal that your Life Path number is 22. It is a master number that represents practical idealism and material mastery. You were born under the most powerful and potentially the most successful of all Life Path numbers.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Telangana Shakuntala, Richard Curtis, Hal Smith, Peter Orlovsky, Chief Dan George, Ian Harding, Bunny Berigan, Ann Flood, Hal Ketchum, Normand Brathwaite.
The zodiac sign of a person born on May 17 is Taurus ♉. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Monkey is the mythical animal and Metal is the element of a person born on May 17, 1980.
Hmmm... what do the stars have to say about you today? Get your daily Taurus horoscope for free. Get a boost from the stars! Make today a great day for love, money, and career. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and even yearly format.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Call Me by Blondie as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 17, 1980). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: February 11, 1936 – Burt Reynolds, American actor and director; July 29, 1907 – Melvin Belli, American lawyer and actor (d. 1996); May 4, 1921 – Patsy Garrett, American actress and singer (d. 2015).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,099