Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 5th of May 1959 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
May 5, 1959 was a Tuesday and it was the 125th day of the year 1959. The next time you can reuse your old 1959 calendar will be in 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Friday. Next year it will be Saturday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 12 days left before your next birthday. You will be 58 years old when that day comes. There have been 21,173 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 717 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on May 10 at 21:44:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1901Blind Willie McTell
- 1914Tyrone Power
- 1935Robert Rehme
- 1940Lance Henriksen
- 1942Marc Alaimo
- 1947Robin McNamara
- 1948Anna Bergman
- 1956Lisa Eilbacher
- 1985Shoko Nakagawa
- 1990Hannah Davis
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for May 5.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 5.
- 1832Hubert Howe Bancroft, American ethnologist and historian (d. 1918)
- 1933Igor Kashkarov, Russian high jumper
- 1942Tammy Wynette, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 1998)
- 1947Daisuke Ban, Japanese actor
- 1959Peter Molyneux, English video game designer, created Fable
- 1961Rob Williams, American basketball player (d. 2014)
- 1982Ferrie Bodde, Dutch footballer
- 1983Henry Cavill, English actor
- 1988Adele, English singer-songwriter
- 1992Taisuke Miyazaki, Japanese footballer
View the complete list of famous birthdays for May 5.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1762Russia and Prussia sign the Treaty of St. Petersburg.
- 1811In the second day of fighting at the Peninsular War Battle of Fuentes de Oñoro the French army, under Marshall André Masséna, drive in the Duke of Wellington’s overextended right flank, but French frontal assaults fail to take the town of Fuentes de Oñoro and the Anglo-Portuguese army holds the field at the end of the day.
- 1860Giuseppe Garibaldi sets sail from Genoa, leading the expedition of the Thousand to conquer the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies and giving birth to the Kingdom of Italy.
- 1886The Bay View Massacre: A militia fires into a crowd of protesters in Milwaukee, killing seven.
- 1940World War II: Norwegian Campaign: Norwegian squads in Hegra Fortress and Vinjesvingen capitulate to German forces after all other Norwegian forces in southern Norway had laid down their arms.
- 1945World War II: Canadian and British troops liberate the Netherlands and Denmark from German occupation when Wehrmacht troops capitulate.
- 1964The Council of Europe declares May 5 as Europe Day.
- 1991A riot breaks out in the Mt. Pleasant section of Washington, D.C. after police shoot a Salvadoran man.
- 2006The government of Sudan signs an accord with the Sudan Liberation Army.
- 201411 people are missing after a Chinese cargo ship collides with a Marshall Islands registered container ship off the coast of Hong Kong.
View the complete list of historical events for May 5.
Curious about this New York Bubbles? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 5 and 1959 reveal that your Life Path number is 7. It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Sigurd Wongraven, Anjana Sowmya, Teruaki Ogawa, Yuko Kobayashi, Emilio Estefan, Joe Spano, Urassaya Sperbund, Abe Forsythe, Stacy Haiduk, John Frusciante.
The zodiac sign of a person born on May 5 is Taurus ♉. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Earth is the element of a person born on May 5, 1959.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Tuesday’ is ruby.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was The Happy Organ by Dave “Baby” Cortez as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 11, 1959). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: September 22, 1961 – Catherine Oxenberg, American-English actress; October 13, 1930 – Bruce Geller, American screenwriter and producer (d. 1978); October 29, 1931 – Franco Interlenghi, Italian actor (d. 2015).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 975