Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of May 1948 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
May 8, 1948 was a Saturday and it was the 129th day of the year 1948. The next time you can reuse your old 1948 calendar will be in 2032. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Monday. Next year it will be Tuesday and two years from now it will be Wednesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 72 days left before your next birthday. You will be 69 years old when that day comes. There have been 25,130 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 851 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on March 12 at 14:55:00 GMT – Sunday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1940Ricky Nelson
- 1951Philip Bailey
- 1955Stephen Furst
- 1961David Winning
- 1964Melissa Gilbert
- 1972Darren Hayes
- 1977Joe Bonamassa
- 1980Michelle McManus
- 1982Ninja Sarasalo
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for May 8.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 8.
- 1521Peter Canisius, Dutch-Swiss priest and saint (d. 1597)
- 1628Angelo Italia, Italian architect and urban planner (d. 1700)
- 1920Saul Bass, American graphic designer and director (d. 1996)
- 1938Javed Burki, Indian-Pakistani cricketer
- 1958Brooks Newmark, American-English businessman and politician, Lord of the Treasury
- 1963Sylvain Cossette, Canadian singer-songwriter (Paradox)
- 1971Candice Night, American singer-songwriter (Blackmore’s Night)
- 1974Korey Stringer, American football player (d. 2001)
- 1983Lawrence Vickers, American football player
- 1987Mark Noble, English footballer
View the complete list of famous birthdays for May 8.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1821Greek War of Independence: The Greeks defeat the Turks at the Battle of Gravia Inn.
- 1901The Australian Labour Party is established.
- 1902In Martinique, Mount Pelée erupts, destroying the town of Saint-Pierre and killing over 30,000 people. Only a handful of residents survive the blast.
- 1919Edward George Honey proposes the idea of a moment of silence to commemorate the Armistice of World War I.
- 1927Attempting to make the first non-stop transatlantic flight from Paris to New York, French war heroes Charles Nungesser and François Coli disappear after taking off aboard The White Bird biplane.
- 1942World War II: Gunners of the Ceylon Garrison Artillery on Horsburgh Island in the Cocos Islands rebel in the Cocos Islands Mutiny. Their mutiny is crushed and three of them are executed, the only British Commonwealth soldiers to be executed for mutiny during the Second World War.
- 1942World War II: The Battle of the Coral Sea comes to an end with Imperial Japanese Navy aircraft carrier aircraft attacking and sinking the United States Navy aircraft carrier USS Lexington. The battle marks the first time in the naval history that two enemy fleets fight without visual contact between warring ships.
- 1966A plane crash at Connellsville, Pennsylvania kills Pennsylvania Attorney General, Walter E. Alessandroni, his wife, and other state officials.
- 1972Four Black September terrorists hijack Sabena Flight 571. Israeli Sayeret Matkal commandos recapture the plane the following day.
- 1984The Thames Barrier is officially opened.
View the complete list of historical events for May 8.
Curious about this Choco Purpleberry? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 8 and 1948 reveal that your Life Path number is 8. It represents experience, authority and endeavour. You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Ji Hyun-woo, Kyle Mooney, Thomas Aldridge, Meagan Good, Imani Coppola, Marvin Rainwater, Kelly Curtis, Mo Collins, René Cresté, Julian Richards.
The zodiac sign of a person born on May 8 is Taurus ♉. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Rat is the mythical animal and Earth is the element of a person born on May 8, 1948.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: March 22, 1955 – James House, American singer-songwriter and guitarist; November 9, 1978 – Sisqó, American singer-songwriter, producer, and actor (Dru Hill); March 12, 1934 – David Spenser, Sri Lankan-English actor and director (d. 2013).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 935