Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of May 1948 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 4 minutes. Enjoy!
May 8, 1948 was a Saturday and it was the 129th day of the year 1948. The next time you can reuse your old 1948 calendar will be in 2032. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Monday. Next year it will be Tuesday and two years from now it will be Wednesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 10 days left before your next birthday. You will be 69 years old when that day comes. There have been 25,192 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 853 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on May 10 at 21:44:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1927Henk van Ulsen
- 1929Girija Devi
- 1929Miyoshi Umeki
- 1940Toni Tennille
- 1954David Keith
- 1972Darren Hayes
- 1977Jennifer Walcott
- 1981Elizabeth Whitmere
- 1982Christina Cole
- 1987Aneurin Barnard
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for May 8.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 8.
- 1629Niels Juel, Norwegian-Danish admiral (d. 1697)
- 1924S. Vithiananthan, Sri Lankan author and academic (d. 1989)
- 1932Julieta Campos, Cuban-Mexican author and translator (d. 2007)
- 1935Lucius Cary, 15th Viscount Falkland, Scottish politician
- 1939Paul Drayton, American sprinter (d. 2010)
- 1948Stephen Stohn, American-Canadian lawyer and producer
- 1964Dave Rowntree, English drummer and animator (Blur and The Ailerons)
- 1981Yasuko Tajima, Japanese swimmer
- 1987Aarne Nirk, Estonian hurdler
- 1989Lars Eller, Danish ice hockey player
View the complete list of famous birthdays for May 8.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 413Emperor Honorius signs an edict providing tax relief for the Italian provinces Tuscia, Campania, Picenum, Samnium, Apulia, Lucania and Calabria, which were plundered by the Visigoths.
- 589Reccared I summons the Third Council of Toledo.
- 1788The French Parlement is suspended to be replaced by the creation of forty-seven new courts.
- 1901The Australian Labour Party is established.
- 1912Paramount Pictures is founded.
- 1942World War II: The Battle of the Coral Sea comes to an end with Imperial Japanese Navy aircraft carrier aircraft attacking and sinking the United States Navy aircraft carrier USS Lexington. The battle marks the first time in the naval history that two enemy fleets fight without visual contact between warring ships.
- 1945The Halifax Riot starts when thousands of civilians and servicemen rampage through Halifax.
- 1972Vietnam War: U.S. President Richard Nixon announces his order to place mines in major North Vietnamese ports in order to stem the flow of weapons and other goods to that nation.
- 1980The World Health Organization confirms the eradication of smallpox.
- 1984Corporal Denis Lortie enters the Quebec National Assembly and opens fire, killing three and wounding 13. René Jalbert, Sergeant-at-Arms of the assembly, succeeds in calming him, for which he will later receive the Cross of Valour.
View the complete list of historical events for May 8.
Curious about this Terrific Purple Sprinkle? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 8 and 1948 reveal that your Life Path number is 8. It represents experience, authority and endeavour. You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Jay Aston, Chinami Suzuki, Matthew Corbett, Murali, Root Boy Slim, Charlie David, Frank Welker, Ethan Embry, Matt Reeves, Sonali Kulkarni.
The zodiac sign of a person born on May 8 is Taurus ♉. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Rat is the mythical animal and Earth is the element of a person born on May 8, 1948.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: January 12, 1948 – Anthony Andrews, English actor and producer; November 1, 1972 – Jenny McCarthy, American model, actress, and author; January 16, 1962 – Denis O'Hare, American-Irish actor and singer.
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 898