Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of May 1948 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
May 8, 1948 was a Saturday and it was the 129th day of the year 1948. The next time you can reuse your old 1948 calendar will be in 2032. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Monday. Next year it will be Tuesday and two years from now it will be Wednesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 41 days left before your next birthday. You will be 69 years old when that day comes. There have been 25,161 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 852 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on April 11 at 06:09:00 GMT – Tuesday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1911Robert Johnson
- 1943Jon Mark
- 1943Paul Samwell-Smith
- 1963Sylvain Cossette
- 1976Ian "H" Watkins
- 1980Benny Yau
- 1983Elyes Gabel
- 1984Julia Whelan
- 1984Martin Compston
- 1984Mascha Müller
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for May 8.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 8.
- 1858J. Meade Falkner, English author and poet (d. 1932)
- 1892Adriaan Pelt, Dutch journalist and diplomat (d. 1981)
- 1899Jacques Heim, French fashion designer (d. 1967)
- 1902André Michel Lwoff, French microbiologist and physician, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1994)
- 1937Thomas Pynchon, American sailor and author
- 1945Mike German, Baron German, Welsh educator and politician, Deputy First Minister for Wales
- 1971Candice Night, American singer-songwriter (Blackmore’s Night)
- 1977Bad News Brown, Canadian rapper, harmonica player, and actor (d. 2011)
- 1981Namosh, German DJ and producer
- 1984Cynthia Deyanira Rodríguez Ruiz, Mexican singer
View the complete list of famous birthdays for May 8.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1919Edward George Honey proposes the idea of a moment of silence to commemorate the Armistice of World War I.
- 1924The Klaipėda Convention is signed formally incorporating Klaipėda Region (Memel Territory) into Lithuania.
- 1927Attempting to make the first non-stop transatlantic flight from Paris to New York, French war heroes Charles Nungesser and François Coli disappear after taking off aboard The White Bird biplane.
- 1945End of the Prague uprising, celebrated now as a national holiday in the Czech Republic.
- 1966A plane crash at Connellsville, Pennsylvania kills Pennsylvania Attorney General, Walter E. Alessandroni, his wife, and other state officials.
- 1972Four Black September terrorists hijack Sabena Flight 571. Israeli Sayeret Matkal commandos recapture the plane the following day.
- 1972Vietnam War: U.S. President Richard Nixon announces his order to place mines in major North Vietnamese ports in order to stem the flow of weapons and other goods to that nation.
- 1976The rollercoaster Revolution, the first steel coaster with a vertical loop, opens at Six Flags Magic Mountain.
- 1988A fire at Illinois Bell’s Hinsdale Central Office triggers an extended 1AESS network outage once considered the “worst telecommunications disaster in US telephone industry history”.
- 1999United States bombing of the Chinese embassy in Belgrade
View the complete list of historical events for May 8.
Curious about this Beautyberry Cake? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 8 and 1948 reveal that your Life Path number is 8. It represents experience, authority and endeavour. You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Ronni Ancona, Chosuke Ikariya, Kristina Olsen, Rick Hoffman, Tony Melody, Daisy Turner, Lew Temple, Rafer Johnson, Tierney Sutton, Chris Gore.
The zodiac sign of a person born on May 8 is Taurus ♉. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Rat is the mythical animal and Earth is the element of a person born on May 8, 1948.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: April 14, 1967 – Julia Zemiro, French-Australian actress and singer; May 23, 1958 – Lea DeLaria, American actress and singer; February 22, 1945 – Oliver, American singer (d. 2000).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 913