Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 9th of May 1939 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
May 9, 1939 was a Tuesday and it was the 129th day of the year 1939. The next time you can reuse your old 1939 calendar will be in 2017. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Tuesday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Thursday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 42 days left before your next birthday. You will be 78 years old when that day comes. There have been 28,448 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 963 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on April 11 at 06:09:00 GMT – Tuesday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1912Pedro Armendáriz
- 1919Arthur English
- 1924Bulat Okudzhava
- 1930Joan Sims
- 1932Geraldine McEwan
- 1935Nokie Edwards
- 1936Glenda Jackson
- 1953Amy Hill
- 1985Audrina Patridge
- 1992Chris Gutierrez
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for May 9.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 9.
- 1855Julius Röntgen, German-Dutch composer (d. 1932)
- 1888Rolf de Maré, Swedish art collector (d. 1964)
- 1923Johnny Grant, American radio host and producer (d. 2008)
- 1928Barbara Ann Scott, Canadian-American figure skater (d. 2012)
- 1940James L. Brooks, American director, producer, and screenwriter
- 1958Graham Smith, Canadian swimmer
- 1972Daniela Silivaș, Romanian gymnast
- 1988J. R. Fitzpatrick, Canadian race car driver
- 1992Chris Gutierrez, American-Filipino actor
- 1997Zane Huett, American actor
View the complete list of famous birthdays for May 9.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1915World War I: Second Battle of Artois between German and French forces.
- 1918World War I: Germany repels Britain’s second attempt to blockade the port of Ostend, Belgium.
- 1926Admiral Richard E. Byrd and Floyd Bennett claim to have flown over the North Pole (later discovery of Byrd’s diary appears to cast some doubt on the claim.)
- 1945World War II: Ratification in Berlin-Karlshorst of the German unconditional surrender of May 8 in Rheims, France, with the signatures of Marshal Georgy Zhukov for the Soviet Union, and for the Western Headquarters Sir Arthur Tedder, British Air Marshal and Eisenhower’s deputy, and for the German side of Colonel-General Hans-Jürgen Stumpff as the representative of the Luftwaffe, Field Marshal Wilhelm Keitel as the Chief of Staff of OKW, and Admiral Hans-Georg von Friedeburg as Commander-in-Chief of the Kriegsmarine.
- 1955Cold War: West Germany joins NATO.
- 1958Film: Vertigo has world premiere in San Francisco.
- 1969Carlos Lamarca leads the first urban guerrilla action against the military dictatorship of Brazil in São Paulo, by robbing two banks.
- 1970Vietnam War: In Washington, D.C., 75,000 to 100,000 war protesters demonstrate in front of the White House.
- 1977Hotel Polen fire: A disastrous fire burns down the Hotel Polen in Amsterdam causing 33 deaths and 21 severe injuries.
- 2001In Ghana, 129 football fans die in what became known as the Accra Sports Stadium disaster. The deaths are caused by a stampede (caused by the firing of teargas by police personnel at the stadium) that followed a controversial decision by the referee.
View the complete list of historical events for May 9.
Curious about this Black Cookie Sandwich? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 9 and 1939 reveal that your Life Path number is 9. It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Imperio Argentina, Caitlin Wachs, A. Michael Baldwin, Carmen Lombardo, Nick Zano, Ayumi Tsunematsu, Jennifer Holliday, Harold Hunter, Natasha Pyne, Edward G. Robinson.
The zodiac sign of a person born on May 9 is Taurus ♉. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Rabbit is the mythical animal and Earth is the element of a person born on May 9, 1939.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Tuesday’ is ruby.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: September 20, 1977 – The-Dream, American singer-songwriter and producer; February 21, 1946 – Tyne Daly, American actress; September 26, 1962 – Jacky Wu, Taiwanese singer, actor, and television host.
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 947