Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 6th of October 1961 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
October 6, 1961 was a Friday and it was the 279th day of the year 1961. The next time you can reuse your old 1961 calendar will be in 2017. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Friday. Next year it will be Saturday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 133 days left before your next birthday. You will be 56 years old when that day comes. There have been 20,321 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 688 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on June 9 at 13:11:00 GMT – Friday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1820Jenny Lind
- 1915Alice Timander
- 1922Teala Loring
- 1935Charito Solis
- 1963Elisabeth Shue
- 1977Jamie Laurie
- 1977Shimon Gershon
- 1977Wes Ramsey
- 1978Carolina Gynning
- 1984Pelin Karahan
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for October 6.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Oct 6.
- 1820Jenny Lind, Swedish soprano and actress (d. 1887)
- 1913Méret Oppenheim, German-Swiss painter and photographer (d. 1985)
- 1930Hafez al-Assad, Syrian general and politician, 20th President of Syria (d. 2000)
- 1950David Brin, American physicist and author
- 1954Bill Buford, American author and journalist
- 1954Darrell M. West, American political scientist, author, and academic
- 1954David Hidalgo, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Los Lobos, Latin Playboys, and Los Super Seven)
- 1955Tony Dungy, American football player and coach
- 1970Amy Jo Johnson, American actress, singer, and gymnast
- 1993Adam Gemili, English sprinter
View the complete list of famous birthdays for October 6.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 69 BCBattle of Tigranocerta: Forces of the Roman Republic led by Lucullus defeat the army of the Kingdom of Armenia led by King Tigranes the Great.
- 1582Because of the implementation of the Gregorian calendar, this day is skipped in Italy, Poland, Portugal and Spain.
- 1683German immigrant families found Germantown in the colony of Pennsylvania, marking the first major immigration of German people to America.
- 1762Seven Years’ War: Conclusion of the Battle of Manila between Britain and Spain, which resulted in the British occupation of Manila for the rest of the war.
- 1898Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia, the largest American music fraternity, is founded at the New England Conservatory of Music by Ossian Everett Mills.
- 1903The High Court of Australia sits for the first time.
- 1973Egypt launches a coordinated attack with Syria against Israel leading to the Yom Kippur War.
- 1976Cubana de Aviación Flight 455 crashes into the Atlantic Ocean shortly after taking off from Bridgetown, Barbados, after two bombs, placed on board by terrorists with connections to the CIA, exploded. All 73 people on board are killed.
- 199551 Pegasi is discovered to be the second major star apart from the Sun to have a planet orbiting around it.
- 1999Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women is adopted.
View the complete list of historical events for October 6.
Curious about this Pink Pomelo Crunch? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 10, 6 and 1961 reveal that your Life Path number is 6. It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Aska Yang, Joe McElderry, Antony Booth, Jack Osbourne, David Yost, James Cagney, Lollie Alexi Devereaux, Theodore Kosloff, Seven, Romi Dames.
The zodiac sign of a person born on October 6 is Libra ♎. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Metal is the element of a person born on October 6, 1961.
Opal is the modern birthstone for the month of October while Jasper is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Libra is chrysolite. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Friday’ is emerald.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Hit the Road Jack by Ray Charles as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (October 9, 1961). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: May 30, 1969 – Ryuhei Kitamura, Japanese director, producer, and screenwriter; January 3, 1976 – Nicholas Gonzalez, American actor and producer; July 6, 1979 – Nic Cester, Australian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Jet and The Wrights).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 983