The following events took place on February 13. The list is arranged in chronological order.
Found 49 events. Showing 1 - 20.
- 1322The central tower of Ely Cathedral falls on the night of 12th–13th.
- 1462The Treaty of Westminster is finalised between Edward IV of England and the Scottish Lord of the Isles.
- 1503Challenge of Barletta – tournament between 13 Italian and 13 French knights near Barletta.
- 1542Catherine Howard, the fifth wife of Henry VIII of England, is executed for adultery.
- 1572Elizabeth I of England issues a proclamation which revokes all commissions on account of the frauds which they had fostered.
- 1575Henry III of France is crowned at Reims and marries Louise de Lorraine-Vaudémont on the same day.
- 1633Galileo Galilei arrives in Rome for his trial before the Inquisition.
- 1660With the death of Swedish King Charles X Gustav, the Swedish government begins to seek peace with Sweden’s enemies in the Second Northern War – something that Charles had refused. As his son and successor on the throne, Charles XI, is only four years old, a regency rules Sweden until 1672.
- 1689William and Mary are proclaimed co-rulers of England.
- 1692Massacre of Glencoe: About 78 Macdonalds at Glen Coe, Scotland are killed early in the morning for not promptly pledging allegiance to the new king, William of Orange.
- 1739Battle of Karnal: The army of Iranian ruler Nader Shah defeats the forces of the Mughal emperor of India, Muhammad Shah.
- 1849The delegation headed by Metropolitan bishop Andrei Șaguna hands out to the Emperor Franz Joseph I of Austria the General Petition of Romanian leaders in Transylvania, Banat and Bukovina, which demands that the Romanian nation be recognized.
- 1861In Gaeta the capitulation of the fortress decreeing the end of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies is signed.
- 1867Work begins on the covering of the Senne, burying Brussels’s primary river and creating the modern central boulevards.
- 1880Thomas Edison observes the Edison effect.
- 1881The feminist newspaper La Citoyenne is first published in Paris by the activist Hubertine Auclert.
- 1913The 13th Dalai Lama proclaims Tibetan independence following a period of domination by Manchu Qing dynasty and initiated a period of almost four decades of independence.
- 1914Copyright: In New York City the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers is established to protect the copyrighted musical compositions of its members.
- 1920The Negro National League is formed.
- 1931New Delhi becomes the capital of British Raj.
What is in store for you this year? Let these forecasts and predictions help you succeed in life. Benefit from life changing events and know when they occur. Make everyday activities easier to handle. Get your Forecast Reports or download free samples!