The following events took place on January 10. The list is arranged in chronological order.
Found 41 events. Showing 1 - 20.
- 49 BCJulius Caesar crosses the Rubicon, signaling the start of civil war.
- 9The Western Han dynasty ends when Wang Mang claims that the divine Mandate of Heaven called for the end of the dynasty and the beginning of his own, the Xin dynasty.
- 69Lucius Calpurnius Piso Licinianus is appointed by Galba as deputy Roman Emperor.
- 236Pope Fabian succeeds Anterus to become the twentieth pope of Rome.
- 1072Robert Guiscard conquers Palermo.
- 1475Stephen III of Moldavia defeats the Ottoman Empire at the Battle of Vaslui.
- 1645Archbishop William Laud is beheaded at the Tower of London.
- 1776Thomas Paine publishes his pamphlet Common Sense.
- 1791The Siege of Dunlap’s Station begins near Cincinnati during the Northwest Indian War.
- 1806Dutch settlers in Cape Town surrender to the British.
- 1810Napoleon Bonaparte divorces his first wife Joséphine.
- 1861American Civil War: Florida secedes from the Union.
- 1863The London Underground, the world’s oldest underground railway, opens between London Paddington station and Farringdon station.
- 1870John D. Rockefeller incorporates Standard Oil.
- 1901The first great Texas oil gusher is discovered at Spindletop in Beaumont, Texas.
- 1916World War I: In the Erzurum Offensive, Russia defeats the Ottoman Empire.
- 1920The Treaty of Versailles takes effect, officially ending World War I.
- 1922Arthur Griffith is elected President of the Dáil Éireann.
- 1923Lithuania seizes and annexes Memel.
- 1927Fritz Lang’s futuristic film Metropolis is released in Germany.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)