The following events took place on June 12. The list is arranged in chronological order.
Found 45 events. Showing 1 - 20.
- 1381Peasants’ Revolt: In England, rebels arrive at Blackheath.
- 1418An insurrection delivers Paris to the Burgundians.
- 1429Hundred Years’ War: Joan of Arc leads the French army in their capture of the city and the English commander, William de la Pole, 1st Duke of Suffolk in the second day of the Battle of Jargeau.
- 1550The city of Helsinki, Finland (belonging to Sweden at the time) is founded by King Gustav I of Sweden.
- 1560Battle of Okehazama: Oda Nobunaga defeats Imagawa Yoshimoto.
- 1653First Anglo-Dutch War: The Battle of the Gabbard begins and lasts until June 13.
- 1665England installs a municipal government in New York City (the former Dutch settlement of New Amsterdam).
- 1758French and Indian War: Siege of Louisbourg: James Wolfe’s attack at Louisbourg, Nova Scotia commences.
- 1775American Revolution: British general Thomas Gage declares martial law in Massachusetts. The British offer a pardon to all colonists who lay down their arms. There would be only two exceptions to the amnesty: Samuel Adams and John Hancock, if captured, were to be hanged.
- 1776The Virginia Declaration of Rights is adopted.
- 1798Irish Rebellion of 1798: Battle of Ballynahinch.
- 1860The State Bank of the Russian Empire is established.
- 1864American Civil War, Overland Campaign: Battle of Cold Harbor: Ulysses S. Grant gives the Confederate forces under Robert E. Lee a victory when he pulls his Union troops from their positions at Cold Harbor, Virginia and moves south.
- 1889Eighty are killed in the Armagh rail disaster near Armagh in what is now Northern Ireland.
- 1898Philippine Declaration of Independence: General Emilio Aguinaldo declares the Philippines’ independence from Spain.
- 1899New Richmond tornado: The eighth deadliest tornado in U.S. history kills 117 people and injures around 200.
- 1905The Servants of India Society was established in Pune, India by Gopal Krishna Gokhale.
- 1922At Windsor Castle, King George V receives the colours of the six Irish regiments that are to be disbanded: The Royal Irish Regiment, the Connaught Rangers, the South Irish Horse, the Prince of Wales’s Leinster Regiment, the Royal Munster Fusiliers and the Royal Dublin Fusiliers.
- 1935A ceasefire is negotiated between Bolivia and Paraguay, ending the Chaco War
- 1939Shooting begins on Paramount Pictures’ Dr. Cyclops, the first horror film photographed in three-strip Technicolor.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)