The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2017. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1950
- January 14, 1950 – The first prototype of the MiG-17 makes its maiden flight.
- February 17, 1950 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- June 8, 1950 – Sir Thomas Blamey becomes the only Australian-born Field Marshal in Australian history.
- June 28, 1950 – Korean War: Packed with its own refugees fleeing Seoul and leaving their 5th Division stranded, South Korean forces blow up the Hangang Bridge to in attempt to slow North Korea’s offensive.
- July 11, 1950 – Pakistan joins the International Monetary Fund and the International Bank.
- August 24, 1950 – Edith Sampson becomes the first black U.S. delegate to the United Nations.
- September 28, 1950 – Indonesia joins the United Nations.
- November 1, 1950 – Puerto Rican nationalists Griselio Torresola and Oscar Collazo attempt to assassinate US President Harry S. Truman at Blair House.
- November 29, 1950 – Korean War: North Korean and Chinese troops force United Nations forces to retreat from North Korea.
- December 17, 1950 – The F-86 Sabre’s first mission over Korea.
Who Were Born On 1950?
- January 10, 1950 – Roy Blunt, American academic and politician
- February 16, 1950 – Roman Tam, Hong Kong singer (Roman and the Four Steps) (d. 2002)
- March 12, 1950 – Jon Provost, American actor
- March 18, 1950 – Eiji Okuda, Japanese actor and director
- April 19, 1950 – Julia Cleverdon, English businesswoman and philanthropist
- May 1, 1950 – John Diehl, American actor and producer
- May 13, 1950 – Manning Marable, American author and academic (d. 2011)
- June 6, 1950 – Chantal Akerman, Belgian actress, director, and producer (d. 2015)
- September 24, 1950 – Mohinder Amarnath, Indian cricketer, coach, and sportscaster
- November 24, 1950 – Stanley Livingston, American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter