The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2017. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get tips about your current relationship and how to improve it. Astrology reports to help you decide when to make yourself available for romantic or social activity. Get your love & romance reports or download free samples!
Historical Events Of 1950
- January 1, 1950 – Standard practice uses this day as the origin of the age scale Before Present
- February 9, 1950 – Second Red Scare: US Senator Joseph McCarthy accuses the United States Department of State of being filled with Communists.
- February 17, 1950 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- May 29, 1950 – The St. Roch, the first ship to circumnavigate North America, arrives in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
- July 20, 1950 – Cold War: In Philadelphia, Harry Gold pleads guilty to spying for the Soviet Union by passing secrets from atomic scientist Klaus Fuchs.
- August 17, 1950 – Hill 303 massacre: American POWs are shot to death by the North Korean Army.
- August 25, 1950 – President Harry Truman orders the U.S. Army to seize control of the nation’s railroads to avert a strike.
- September 26, 1950 – United Nations troops recapture Seoul from North Korean forces.
- November 1, 1950 – Pope Pius XII claims papal infallibility when he formally defines the dogma of the Assumption of Mary.
- November 21, 1950 – Two Canadian National Railway trains collide in northeastern British Columbia in the Canoe River train crash; the death toll is 21, with 17 of them Canadian troops bound for Korea.
Who Were Born On 1950?
- January 13, 1950 – Clive Betts, English economist and politician
- March 2, 1950 – Karen Carpenter, American singer and drummer (The Carpenters) (d. 1983)
- March 6, 1950 – Arthur Roche, English archbishop
- March 13, 1950 – William H. Macy, American actor, director, and screenwriter
- March 16, 1950 – Peter Forster, English bishop
- April 22, 1950 – Jancis Robinson, English journalist and critic
- April 28, 1950 – Jay Leno, American comedian, talk show host, and producer
- October 12, 1950 – Dave Freudenthal, American economist and politician, 31st Governor of Wyoming
- October 20, 1950 – Tom Petty, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Mudcrutch, and Traveling Wilburys)
- December 1, 1950 – Manju Bansal, Indian biologist and academic