The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2017. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Historical Events Of 1950
- January 17, 1950 – The Great Brink’s Robbery: Eleven thieves steal more than 2 million from an armored car company’s offices in Boston.
- February 17, 1950 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- March 16, 1950 – Communist Czechoslovakia’s ministry of foreign affairs asks nuncios of Vatican to leave the country.
- May 5, 1950 – Bhumibol Adulyadej is crowned King Rama IX of Thailand.
- June 28, 1950 – Korean War: Suspected communist sympathizers, argued to be between 100,000 and 200,000 are executed in the Bodo League massacre.
- August 22, 1950 – Althea Gibson becomes the first black competitor in international tennis.
- October 19, 1950 – The People’s Republic of China joins the Korean War by sending thousands of troops across the Yalu River to fight United Nations forces.
- October 21, 1950 – Korean War: Heavy fighting begins between British and Australian forces from the 27th British Commonwealth Brigade and the North Korean 239th Regiment during the Battle of Yongju.
- December 12, 1950 – Paula Ackerman, the first woman appointed to perform rabbinical functions in the United States, leads the congregation in her first services.
- December 16, 1950 – Korean War: U.S. President Harry S. Truman declares a state of emergency, after Chinese troops enter the fight in support of communist North Korea.
Who Were Born On 1950?
- January 5, 1950 – Charlie Richmond, Canadian sound designer and engineer
- February 27, 1950 – Annabel Goldie, Scottish lawyer and politician
- April 29, 1950 – Debbie Stabenow, American social worker and politician
- May 13, 1950 – Manning Marable, American author and academic (d. 2011)
- June 21, 1950 – Enn Reitel, Scottish actor and screenwriter
- July 10, 1950 – Tony Baldry, English colonel, lawyer, and politician, British Minister of State for Agriculture
- November 12, 1950 – Barbara Fairchild, American singer-songwriter
- December 10, 1950 – Nicky Henderson, English horse trainer
- December 13, 1950 – Julia Slingo, English meteorologist and academic
- December 20, 1950 – Geoffrey Grimmett, English mathematician and academic