The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2017. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1950
- February 17, 1950 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- March 12, 1950 – The Llandow air disaster occurs near Sigingstone, Wales, in which 80 people die when their aircraft crashed, making it the world’s deadliest air disaster at the time.
- May 1, 1950 – Guam is organized as a United States commonwealth.
- May 5, 1950 – Bhumibol Adulyadej is crowned King Rama IX of Thailand.
- June 28, 1950 – Korean War: Seoul is captured by North Korean troops.
- July 16, 1950 – Chaplain–Medic massacre: American POWs were massacred by North Korean Army.
- August 17, 1950 – Hill 303 massacre: American POWs are shot to death by the North Korean Army.
- August 18, 1950 – Julien Lahaut, the chairman of the Communist Party of Belgium is assassinated by far-right elements.
- August 25, 1950 – President Harry Truman orders the U.S. Army to seize control of the nation’s railroads to avert a strike.
- November 1, 1950 – Puerto Rican nationalists Griselio Torresola and Oscar Collazo attempt to assassinate US President Harry S. Truman at Blair House.
Who Were Born On 1950?
- January 14, 1950 – Arthur Byron Cover, American author and screenwriter
- May 17, 1950 – Valeriya Novodvorskaya, Russian journalist and politician (d. 2014)
- June 1, 1950 – Tom Robinson, English singer-songwriter and bass player (Sector 27 and Tom Robinson Band)
- July 11, 1950 – J. R. Morgan, Welsh author and academic
- August 12, 1950 – Jim Beaver, American actor, director, and screenwriter
- September 7, 1950 – Julie Kavner, American actress and singer
- September 12, 1950 – Marguerite Blais, Canadian journalist and politician
- October 2, 1950 – Ian McNeice, English actor
- October 31, 1950 – John Candy, Canadian actor, producer, and screenwriter (d. 1994)
- December 11, 1950 – Nino Frassica, Italian actor