The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2017. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1950
- January 1, 1950 – Standard practice uses this day as the origin of the age scale Before Present
- February 8, 1950 – The Stasi, the secret police of East Germany, is established.
- February 17, 1950 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- April 19, 1950 – Argentina becomes a signatory to the Buenos Aires copyright treaty.
- April 28, 1950 – Bhumibol Adulyadej marries Queen Sirikit after their quiet engagement in Lausanne, Switzerland on July 19, 1949.
- May 25, 1950 – Public transport: Green Hornet disaster. A Chicago Surface Lines streetcar crashes into a fuel truck, killing 33.
- June 25, 1950 – The Korean War begins with the invasion of South Korea by North Korea.
- September 15, 1950 – Korean War: United States forces land at Inchon
- November 1, 1950 – Pope Pius XII claims papal infallibility when he formally defines the dogma of the Assumption of Mary.
- November 13, 1950 – General Carlos Delgado Chalbaud, President of Venezuela, is assassinated in Caracas.
Who Were Born On 1950?
- March 20, 1950 – Carl Palmer, English drummer and songwriter (Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Asia, and Atomic Rooster)
- April 19, 1950 – Julia Cleverdon, English businesswoman and philanthropist
- April 20, 1950 – Milt Wilcox, American baseball player
- June 7, 1950 – Howard Finkel, American ring announcer
- July 11, 1950 – Bruce McGill, American actor
- July 14, 1950 – Gwen Guthrie, American singer-songwriter and pianist (d. 1999)
- August 3, 1950 – John Landis, American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter
- September 3, 1950 – Doug Pinnick, American singer-songwriter and bass player (King’s X and KXM)
- October 24, 1950 – Tom Myers, American football player
- November 10, 1950 – Bob Orton, Jr., American wrestler