The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2019. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1957
- January 1, 1957 – George Town, Penang becomes a city by a royal charter granted by Elizabeth II.
- January 9, 1957 – British Prime Minister Sir Anthony Eden resigns from office following his failure to retake the Suez Canal from Egyptian sovereignty.
- January 14, 1957 – Kripalu Maharaj was named fifth Jagadguru (world teacher) after giving seven days of speeches before 500 Hindu scholars.
- January 31, 1957 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- February 3, 1957 – Senegalese political party Democratic Rally merges into the Senegalese Party of Socialist Action (PSAS).
- June 10, 1957 – John Diefenbaker leads the Progressive Conservative Party of Canada to a stunning upset in the Canadian federal election, 1957, ending 22 years of Liberal Party government.
- July 14, 1957 – Rawya Ateya takes her seat in the National Assembly of Egypt, thereby becoming the first female parliamentarian in the Arab world.
- October 22, 1957 – Vietnam War: First United States casualties in Vietnam.
- November 7, 1957 – Cold War: The Gaither Report calls for more American missiles and fallout shelters.
Who Were Born On 1957?
- March 7, 1957 – Robert Harris, English journalist and author
- March 29, 1957 – Christopher Lambert, American-French actor and producer
- April 21, 1957 – Jesse Orosco, American baseball player
- April 23, 1957 – Kenji Kawai, Japanese composer and conductor
- June 15, 1957 – Brad Gillis, American guitarist (Night Ranger and Rubicon)
- June 28, 1957 – Jim Spanarkel, American basketball player and sportscaster
- August 19, 1957 – Christine Soetewey, Belgian high jumper
- October 2, 1957 – Dave Faulkner, Australian singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Victims, The Manikins, and Hoodoo Gurus)
- October 22, 1957 – Chris Peppler, Japanese-American radio host
- December 27, 1957 – Jerry Gaskill, American drummer (King’s X)