The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2019. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What is in store for you this year? Let these forecasts and predictions help you succeed in life. Benefit from life changing events and know when they occur. Make everyday activities easier to handle. Get your Forecast Reports or download free samples!
Historical Events Of 1957
- January 31, 1957 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- April 6, 1957 – Greek shipping tycoon Aristotle Onassis buys the Hellenic National Airlines (TAE) and founds Olympic Airlines.
- June 10, 1957 – John Diefenbaker leads the Progressive Conservative Party of Canada to a stunning upset in the Canadian federal election, 1957, ending 22 years of Liberal Party government.
- June 21, 1957 – Ellen Fairclough is sworn in as Canada’s first female Cabinet Minister.
- July 1, 1957 – The International Geophysical Year begins.
- August 28, 1957 – U.S. Senator Strom Thurmond begins a filibuster to prevent the Senate from voting on Civil Rights Act of 1957; he stopped speaking 24 hours and 18 minutes later, the longest filibuster ever conducted by a single Senator.
- August 31, 1957 – The Federation of Malaya (now Malaysia) gains its independence from the United Kingdom.
- October 4, 1957 – Leave It to Beaver premieres on CBS.
- December 5, 1957 – Sukarno expels all Dutch people from Indonesia.
- December 16, 1957 – Sir Feroz Khan Noon replaces Ibrahim Ismail Chundrigar as Prime Minister of Pakistan.
Who Were Born On 1957?
- February 6, 1957 – Robert Townsend, American actor and director
- May 4, 1957 – Marijke Vos, Dutch educator and politician
- June 17, 1957 – Martin Dillon, American tenor and educator (d. 2005)
- July 8, 1957 – Aleksandr Gurnov, Russian journalist and author
- July 10, 1957 – Cindy Sheehan, American activist
- August 2, 1957 – Farhat Basir Khan, Indian photographer and academic
- August 28, 1957 – Ai Weiwei, Chinese sculptor and activist
- October 5, 1957 – Mark Geragos, American lawyer
- November 2, 1957 – Notis Sfakianakis, Greek singer
- November 29, 1957 – Matthew Rubel, American businessman