The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2019. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1957
- January 31, 1957 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- March 4, 1957 – The S&P 500 stock market index is introduced, replacing the S&P 90.
- March 17, 1957 – A plane crash in Cebu, Philippines kills Philippine President Ramon Magsaysay and 24 others.
- July 6, 1957 – John Lennon and Paul McCartney meet for the first time, as teenagers at Woolton Fete, three years before forming the Beatles.
- September 17, 1957 – Malaysia joins the United Nations.
- September 22, 1957 – In Haiti, François Duvalier is elected president.
- October 11, 1957 – Space Race: M.I.T. scientists calculate Sputnik 1's booster rocket’s orbit.
- October 22, 1957 – Vietnam War: First United States casualties in Vietnam.
- November 1, 1957 – The Mackinac Bridge, the world’s longest suspension bridge between anchorages at the time, opens to traffic connecting Michigan’s upper and lower peninsulas.
- November 14, 1957 – The Apalachin Meeting outside Binghamton, New York is raided by law enforcement, and many high level Mafia figures are arrested.
Who Were Born On 1957?
- January 31, 1957 – Shirley Babashoff, American swimmer
- February 3, 1957 – Eric Lander, American educator and scientist
- February 11, 1957 – Peter Klashorst, Dutch painter, sculptor, and photographer
- June 14, 1957 – Maxi Jazz, English rapper (Faithless)
- July 11, 1957 – Peter Murphy, English singer-songwriter (Bauhaus and Dalis Car)
- September 3, 1957 – Earl Cureton, American basketball player and coach
- October 21, 1957 – Steve Lukather, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Toto)
- November 29, 1957 – Jennifer Batten, American guitarist, songwriter, and producer
- December 24, 1957 – Hamid Karzai, Afghan politician, 12th President of Afghanistan
- December 29, 1957 – Iain Paxton, Scottish rugby player and coach