The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2019. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1957
- January 22, 1957 – The New York City “Mad Bomber”, George P. Metesky, is arrested in Waterbury, Connecticut and is charged with planting more than 30 bombs.
- January 31, 1957 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- February 1, 1957 – Felix Wankel’s first working prototype (DKM 54) of the Wankel engine runs at the NSU research and development department Versuchsabteilung TX in Germany
- March 9, 1957 – A magnitude 8.3 earthquake in the Andreanof Islands, Alaska triggers a Pacific-wide tsunami causing extensive damage to Hawaii and Oahu.
- March 13, 1957 – Cuban student revolutionaries storm the presidential palace in Havana in a failed attempt on the life of President Fulgencio Batista.
- April 24, 1957 – Suez Crisis: The Suez Canal is reopened following the introduction of UNEF peacekeepers to the region.
- September 25, 1957 – Central High School in Little Rock, Arkansas, is integrated by the use of United States Army troops.
- October 4, 1957 – Avro Arrow roll-out ceremony at Avro Canada plant in Malton, Ontario.
- October 29, 1957 – Israel’s prime minister David Ben-Gurion and five of his ministers are injured when a hand grenade is tossed into Israel’s parliament, the Knesset.
- December 16, 1957 – Sir Feroz Khan Noon replaces Ibrahim Ismail Chundrigar as Prime Minister of Pakistan.
Who Were Born On 1957?
- February 28, 1957 – Ainsley Harriott, English chef and author
- March 23, 1957 – Teresa Ganzel, American actress
- July 11, 1957 – Johann Lamont, Scottish educator and politician
- July 25, 1957 – Mark Hunter, English politician
- August 15, 1957 – Željko Ivanek, Slovenian-American actor
- August 28, 1957 – Greg Clark, English businessman and politician, Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government
- September 7, 1957 – Jermaine Stewart, American singer-songwriter and dancer (Shalamar) (d. 1997)
- September 22, 1957 – Giuseppe Saronni, Italian cyclist and manager
- November 27, 1957 – Frank Boeijen, Dutch singer-songwriter and guitarist
- December 22, 1957 – Susan Powter, Australian personal trainer and author