The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2019. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Historical Events Of 1957
- January 31, 1957 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- February 1, 1957 – Felix Wankel’s first working prototype (DKM 54) of the Wankel engine runs at the NSU research and development department Versuchsabteilung TX in Germany
- February 16, 1957 – The “Toddlers’ Truce”, a controversial television close down between 6.00 pm and 7.00 pm is abolished in the United Kingdom.
- March 4, 1957 – The S&P 500 stock market index is introduced, replacing the S&P 90.
- March 25, 1957 – The European Economic Community is established with West Germany, France, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg as the first members.
- April 5, 1957 – In India, Communists win the first elections in united Kerala and E. M. S. Namboodiripad is sworn in as the first Chief Minister.
- April 9, 1957 – The Suez Canal in Egypt is cleared and opens to shipping.
- September 29, 1957 – Twenty MCi (740 petabecquerels) of radioactive material is released in an explosion at the Soviet Mayak nuclear plant at Chelyabinsk.
- November 2, 1957 – The Levelland UFO Case in Levelland, Texas, generates national publicity.
- November 8, 1957 – Operation Grapple X, Round C1: the United Kingdom conducts its first successful hydrogen bomb test over Kiritimati in the Pacific.
Who Were Born On 1957?
- January 15, 1957 – Marty Lyons, American football player and sportscaster
- February 18, 1957 – Marita Koch, German sprinter
- April 24, 1957 – David J, English bass player (Bauhaus and Love and Rockets)
- May 28, 1957 – Colin Barnes, English footballer
- June 13, 1957 – Bruce Flowers, American basketball player
- June 29, 1957 – Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedow, Turkmen dentist and politician, 2nd President of Turkmenistan
- September 13, 1957 – Eleanor King, English lawyer and judge
- October 25, 1957 – Nancy Cartwright, American voice actress and singer
- December 1, 1957 – Chris Poland, American guitarist and songwriter (Megadeth, Circle Jerks, Damn the Machine, and OHM)
- December 20, 1957 – Anna Vissi, Cypriot singer-songwriter and actress (Epikouri)