The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1965
- February 2, 1965 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Snake in Chinese astrology.
- March 21, 1965 – Ranger program: NASA launches Ranger 9, the last in a series of unmanned lunar space probes.
- April 9, 1965 – Astrodome opens. First indoor baseball game is played.
- May 12, 1965 – The Soviet spacecraft Luna 5 crashes on the Moon.
- July 26, 1965 – Full independence is granted to the Maldives.
- September 11, 1965 – Indo-Pakistani War: The Indian Army captures the town of Burki, just southeast of Lahore.
- September 30, 1965 – Trapped in the Sky, the pilot episode of Gerry Anderson’s beloved Thunderbirds, airs on ITV for the first time.
- October 4, 1965 – Pope Paul VI arrives in New York, the first Pope to visit the United States of America and the Western hemisphere.
- November 8, 1965 – The Murder (Abolition of Death Penalty) Act 1965 is given Royal Assent, formally abolishing the death penalty in the United Kingdom.
- December 30, 1965 – Ferdinand Marcos becomes President of the Philippines.
Who Were Born On 1965?
- February 23, 1965 – Ashok Kamte, Indian police officer (d. 2008)
- March 2, 1965 – Lembit Öpik, Irish politician
- March 10, 1965 – Jillian Richardson, Canadian sprinter
- March 13, 1965 – Pamela Andersson, Swedish journalist
- May 13, 1965 – José Antonio Delgado, Venezuelan mountaineer (d. 2006)
- June 3, 1965 – Mike Gordon, American singer, bass player, and director (Phish, Rhythm Devils, and SerialPod)
- June 21, 1965 – David Beerling, English biologist and academic
- June 30, 1965 – Gary Pallister, English footballer and sportscaster
- August 10, 1965 – Mike E. Smith, American jockey and sportscaster
- August 21, 1965 – Caryn Mower, American wrestler, actress, and stuntwoman