The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
What is in store for you this year? Let these forecasts and predictions help you succeed in life. Benefit from life changing events and know when they occur. Make everyday activities easier to handle. Get your Forecast Reports or download free samples!
Historical Events Of 1966
- January 15, 1966 – The First Nigerian Republic, led by Abubakar Tafawa Balewa is overthrown in a military coup d'état.
- January 21, 1966 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Horse in Chinese astrology.
- February 3, 1966 – The unmanned Soviet Luna 9 spacecraft makes the first controlled rocket-assisted landing on the Moon.
- March 10, 1966 – Military Prime Minister of South Vietnam Nguyễn Cao Kỳ sacked rival General Nguyễn Chánh Thi, precipitating large-scale civil and military dissension in parts of the nation.
- April 21, 1966 – Rastafari movement: Haile Selassie of Ethiopia visits Jamaica, an event now celebrated as Grounation Day.
- May 6, 1966 – Myra Hindley and Ian Brady are sentenced to life imprisonment for the Moors murders in England.
- June 8, 1966 – Topeka, Kansas, is devastated by a tornado that registers as an “F5” on the Fujita scale: The first to exceed US$100 million in damages. Sixteen people are killed, hundreds more injured, and thousands of homes damaged or destroyed.
- July 4, 1966 – U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson signs the Freedom of Information Act into United States law. The act went into effect the next year.
- November 2, 1966 – The Cuban Adjustment Act comes into force, allowing 123,000 Cubans the opportunity to apply for permanent residence in the United States.
- November 24, 1966 – Bulgarian TABSO Flight 101 crashes near Bratislava, Czechoslovakia, killing all 82 people on board.
Who Were Born On 1966?
- February 2, 1966 – Andrei Chesnokov, Russian tennis player and coach
- February 19, 1966 – Enzo Scifo, Belgian footballer and manager
- February 22, 1966 – Rachel Dratch, American actress and singer
- March 23, 1966 – Marin Hinkle, American actress
- April 19, 1966 – El Samurai, Japanese wrestler
- June 27, 1966 – Aigars Kalvītis, Latvian politician, businessman, and former Prime Minister of Latvia
- August 3, 1966 – Gizz Butt, English singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Prodigy, The Destructors, English Dogs, Janus Stark, Sabbat, The More I See)
- August 8, 1966 – John Hudek, American baseball player and coach
- October 8, 1966 – Karyn Parsons, American actress and producer
- December 4, 1966 – Chris Shepherd, English animator, director, producer, and screenwriter