The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1966
- January 21, 1966 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Horse in Chinese astrology.
- March 8, 1966 – A bomb planted by Irish Republican Army militants destroys Nelson’s Pillar in Dublin.
- May 25, 1966 – The first prominent dàzìbào during the Cultural Revolution in China is posted at Peking University.
- July 18, 1966 – Human spaceflight: Gemini 10 is launched from Cape Kennedy on a 70-hour mission that includes docking with an orbiting Agena target vehicle.
- July 24, 1966 – Michael Pelkey makes the first BASE jump from El Capitan along with Brian Schubert. Both came out with broken bones. BASE jumping has now been banned from El Cap.
- September 16, 1966 – The Metropolitan Opera House opens at Lincoln Center in New York City with the world premiere of Samuel Barber’s opera Antony and Cleopatra.
- October 4, 1966 – Basutoland becomes independent from the United Kingdom and is renamed Lesotho.
- November 2, 1966 – The Cuban Adjustment Act comes into force, allowing 123,000 Cubans the opportunity to apply for permanent residence in the United States.
- November 15, 1966 – A Boeing 727 carrying Pan Am Flight 708 crashes near Berlin, Germany, killing all three people on board.
- November 30, 1966 – Barbados becomes independent from the United Kingdom.
Who Were Born On 1966?
- January 28, 1966 – Seiji Mizushima, Japanese director and producer
- February 28, 1966 – Paulo Futre, Portuguese footballer
- March 27, 1966 – Arthur H, French singer-songwriter and pianist
- June 7, 1966 – Eric Kretz, American drummer, songwriter, and producer (Stone Temple Pilots and Talk Show)
- June 16, 1966 – Mark Occhilupo, Australian surfer
- June 30, 1966 – Andrey Abduvaliyev, Tajikistani-Uzbekistani hammer thrower
- July 3, 1966 – Moisés Alou, American baseball player
- August 28, 1966 – Yoko Takahashi, Japanese singer
- September 19, 1966 – Eric Rudolph, American terrorist
- December 3, 1966 – Irina Zhuk, Russian figure skater and coach