The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1966
- January 21, 1966 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Horse in Chinese astrology.
- January 31, 1966 – The Soviet Union launches the unmanned Luna 9 spacecraft as part of the Luna program.
- March 1, 1966 – The Ba'ath Party takes power in Syria.
- March 5, 1966 – BOAC Flight 911 crashes on Mount Fuji, Japan, killing 124.
- April 21, 1966 – Rastafari movement: Haile Selassie of Ethiopia visits Jamaica, an event now celebrated as Grounation Day.
- May 30, 1966 – The former Congolese Prime Minister, Évariste Kimba, and several other politicians are publicly executed in Kinshasa on the orders of President Joseph Mobutu.
- August 22, 1966 – Labor movements NFWA and AWOC merge to become the United Farm Workers Organizing Committee (UFWOC), predecessor of the United Farm Workers.
- September 16, 1966 – The Metropolitan Opera House opens at Lincoln Center in New York City with the world premiere of Samuel Barber’s opera Antony and Cleopatra.
- October 17, 1966 – Botswana and Lesotho join the United Nations.
Who Were Born On 1966?
- March 18, 1966 – Daniel S. Nevins, American rabbi
- May 17, 1966 – Qusay Hussein, Iraqi soldier and politician (d. 2003)
- May 24, 1966 – Eric Cantona, French footballer, manager, and actor
- June 29, 1966 – Yoko Kamio, Japanese author and illustrator
- July 8, 1966 – Mike Nawrocki, American voice actor, animator, producer, and screenwriter, co-founded Big Idea Entertainment
- July 10, 1966 – Gina Bellman, New Zealand-English actress
- July 31, 1966 – Dean Cain, American actor, producer, and screenwriter
- August 30, 1966 – Michael Michele, American actress
- September 16, 1966 – Scott Workman, American stuntman and actor (d. 2013)
- November 5, 1966 – Nayim, Spanish footballer