The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 1983
- February 13, 1983 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Pig in Chinese astrology.
- March 21, 1983 – The first cases of the 1983 West Bank fainting epidemic begin; Israelis and Palestinians accuse each other of poison gas, but the cause is later determined mostly to be psychosomatic.
- April 25, 1983 – American schoolgirl Samantha Smith is invited to visit the Soviet Union by its leader Yuri Andropov after he read her letter in which she expressed fears about nuclear war.
- July 21, 1983 – The world’s lowest temperature in an inhabited location is recorded at Vostok Station, Antarctica at -89.2 °C.
- July 23, 1983 – Gimli Glider: Air Canada Flight 143 runs out of fuel and makes a deadstick landing at Gimli, Manitoba.
- August 18, 1983 – Hurricane Alicia hits the Texas coast, killing 22 people and causing over US$1 billion in damage (1983 dollars).
- September 26, 1983 – Soviet nuclear false alarm incident: Military officer Stanislav Petrov identifies a report of an incoming nuclear missile as a computer error and not an American first strike.
- October 22, 1983 – Two correctional officers are killed by inmates at the United States Penitentiary in Marion, Illinois. The incident inspires the Supermax model of prisons.
- November 27, 1983 – Avianca Flight 011: A Boeing 747 crashes near Madrid’s Barajas Airport, killing 181.
Who Were Born On 1983?
- March 16, 1983 – Tramon Williams, American football player
- March 30, 1983 – Scott Moffatt, Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Moffatts)
- April 23, 1983 – Daniela Hantuchová, Slovakian tennis player
- May 26, 1983 – Demy de Zeeuw, Dutch footballer
- July 21, 1983 – Eivør Pálsdóttir, Faroese singer-songwriter and guitarist
- August 31, 1983 – Larry Fitzgerald, American football player
- September 9, 1983 – Cleveland Taylor, English footballer
- November 17, 1983 – Harry Lloyd, English actor
- November 23, 1983 – Fatih Yiğituşağı, Turkish footballer
- December 15, 1983 – René Duprée, Canadian wrestler