The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Historical Events Of 1993
- January 1, 1993 – A single market within the European Community is introduced.
- January 23, 1993 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- February 8, 1993 – General Motors sues NBC after Dateline NBC allegedly rigs two crashes intended to demonstrate that some GM pickups can easily catch fire if hit in certain places. NBC settles the lawsuit the next day.
- April 11, 1993 – Four hundred fifty prisoners rioted at the Southern Ohio Correctional Facility in Lucasville, Ohio, and continued to do so for ten days, citing grievances related to prison conditions, as well as the forced vaccination of Nation of Islam prisoners (for tuberculosis) against their religious beliefs.
- April 19, 1993 – South Dakota governor George Mickelson and seven others are killed when a state-owned aircraft crashes in Iowa.
- April 22, 1993 – Version 1.0 of the Mosaic web browser is released.
- May 29, 1993 – The Miss Sarajevo beauty pageant is held in war torn Sarajevo drawing global attention to the plight of its citizens.
- September 22, 1993 – A barge strikes a railroad bridge near Mobile, Alabama, causing the deadliest train wreck in Amtrak history. Forty-seven passengers are killed.
- December 2, 1993 – Space Shuttle program: STS-61 – NASA launches the Space Shuttle Endeavour on a mission to repair the Hubble Space Telescope.
- December 11, 1993 – Forty-eight people are killed when a block of the Highland Towers collapses near Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Who Were Born On 1993?
- January 2, 1993 – Kirill Minov, Russian ice dancer
- March 3, 1993 – Nicole Gibbs, American tennis player
- March 20, 1993 – Sloane Stephens, American tennis player
- March 21, 1993 – Suraj Sharma, Indian actor
- April 4, 1993 – Samir Carruthers, English footballer
- August 26, 1993 – Marko Livaja, Croatian footballer
- September 9, 1993 – Ryohei Kato, Japanese gymnast
- September 13, 1993 – Zhang Huiwen, Chinese actress
- December 8, 1993 – AnnaSophia Robb, American actress and singer
- December 19, 1993 – Isiah Koech, Kenyan runner