The next time you can reuse this calendar will be on year 2018. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a solar cycle.
April 4 (4/4), June 6 (6/6), August 8 (8/8), October 10 (10/10), December 12 (12/12), and the last day of February always fall on the same day of the week in any given year. This is called the ‘Doomsday rule’. Check these dates using the full 12-month calendar below to verify.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Historical Events Of 2001
- January 24, 2001 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Snake in Chinese astrology.
- February 18, 2001 – FBI agent Robert Hanssen is arrested for spying for the Soviet Union. He is ultimately convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment.
- May 9, 2001 – In Ghana, 129 football fans die in what became known as the Accra Sports Stadium disaster. The deaths are caused by a stampede (caused by the firing of teargas by police personnel at the stadium) that followed a controversial decision by the referee.
- May 27, 2001 – Members of the Islamist separatist group Abu Sayyaf seize twenty hostages from an affluent island resort on Palawan in the Philippines; the hostage crisis would not be resolved until June 2002.
- June 1, 2001 – Nepalese royal massacre: Crown Prince Dipendra of Nepal shoots and kills several members of his family including his father and mother, King Birendra of Nepal and Queen Aiswarya.
- July 17, 2001 – Concorde is brought back in to service nearly a year after the July 2000 crash.
- August 6, 2001 – Erwadi fire incident, 28 mentally ill persons tied to chain were burnt to death at a faith based institution at Erwadi, Tamil Nadu.
- September 10, 2001 – Antônio da Costa Santos, mayor of Campinas, Brazil is assassinated.
- October 17, 2001 – Israeli tourism minister Rehavam Ze'evi becomes the first Israeli minister to be assassinated in a terrorist attack.
- November 14, 2001 – War in Afghanistan: Afghan Northern Alliance fighters take over the capital Kabul.
Who Were Born On 2001?
- January 21, 2001 – Jackson Brundage, American actor
- February 5, 2001 – Juan Karlos Labajo, Filipino-German singer and actor
- February 19, 2001 – David Mazouz, American actor
- March 15, 2001 – Ellie Leach, English actress
- May 24, 2001 – Darren Espanto, Filipino-Canadian singer
- May 25, 2001 – Chloe Lukasiak, American child dancer, television personality, and model
- June 21, 2001 – Alexandra Obolentseva, Russian chess player
- August 4, 2001 – Seishiro Kato, Japanese actor
- August 28, 2001 – Anna Trincher, Ukrainian singer
- September 24, 2001 – Clare Foley, American actress