Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 1st of August 1968 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
August 1, 1968 was a Thursday and it was the 214th day of the year 1968. It was the 31st Thursday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1968 calendar will be in 2024. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Thursday. Next year it will be Saturday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 165 days left before your next birthday. You will be 51 years old when that day comes. There have been 18,462 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 6,154 days or 16.85 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 625 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on February 19 at 15:54:00 GMT – Tuesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 9, 2000.
If a dog named Mitsa - a Dalmatian breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 245 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Mitsa will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Mitsa will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1831Antonio Cotogni
- 1931Ramblin' Jack Elliott
- 1939Terry Kiser
- 1951Tim Bachman
- 1958Adrian Dunbar
- 1958Michael Penn
- 1960Professor Griff
- 1963Demián Bichir
- 1979Honeysuckle Weeks
- 1981Ashley Parker Angel
View the complete list of August 1 celebrity birthdays.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 1.
- 1819Herman Melville, American novelist, short story writer, and poet (d. 1891)
- 1912Gego, German-Venezuelan sculptor and academic (d. 1994)
- 1934John Beck, New Zealand cricketer (d. 2000)
- 1949Jim Carroll, American poet and author (d. 2009)
- 1950Bunkhouse Buck, American wrestler
- 1970Quentin Coryatt, American football player
- 1974Beckie Scott, Canadian skier
- 1982Basem Fathi, Jordanian footballer
- 1983Bobby Carpenter, American football player
- 1985Gegard Mousasi, Iranian-Dutch mixed martial artist and kick-boxer
View the complete list of August 1 famous birthdays.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 69Batavian rebellion: The Batavians in Germania Inferior (Netherlands) revolt under the leadership of Gaius Julius Civilis.
- 1203Isaac II Angelos, restored Eastern Roman Emperor, declares his son Alexios IV Angelos co-emperor after pressure from the forces of the Fourth Crusade.
- 1664Ottoman forces are defeated in the battle of Saint Gotthard by an Austrian army led by Raimondo Montecuccoli, resulting in the Peace of Vasvár.
- 1714George, Elector of Hanover, becomes King George I of Great Britain, marking the beginning of the Georgian era of British history.
- 1966Charles Whitman kills 16 people at the University of Texas at Austin before being killed by the police.
- 1968The coronation is held of Hassanal Bolkiah, the 29th Sultan of Brunei.
- 1980A train crash kills 18 people in County Cork, Ireland.
- 2001Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore has a Ten Commandments monument installed in the judiciary building, leading to a lawsuit to have it removed and his own removal from office.
- 2010Convention on Cluster Munitions enters into force.
- 2014Convention on preventing and combating violence against women and domestic violence enters into force.
View the complete list of August 1 historical events.
Curious about this Choco Peachberry? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 1, and 1968 reveal that your Life Path number is 6. It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Dudley Nichols, Phil Donahue, Aaron Tippin, Reg Park, Drew Fuller, Barbara Lynn, Michael Imperioli, Willa Ford, Jane Seymour, Jonny Phillips.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 1 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Monkey is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on August 1, 1968.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Thursday’ is sapphire.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 1st August 1968 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on January 4, 1971. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +135. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on April 15, 1958. Your incompatibility score is -113. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 3,562,313,822. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Hello, I Love You by The Doors as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 3, 1968). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Italy approximately on 750. Your profession was handicraftsman, mechanic.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Seeker of truth and wisdom. You could have seen your future lives. Others perceived you as an idealist illuminating path to the future.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to develop kind attitude to people, to acquire gift of understanding and compassion.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 120,171,727 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1968. The estimated number of babies born on 1st August 1968 is 328,338. That’s equivalent to 228 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Lisa. This name was given to 49,532 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 82,006 times in the year 1968. Any chance you are Lisa or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 1, 1968. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 214th day of 1968
- Day of week: Thursday
- Day of week birthstone: Sapphire
- Week index: 31st Thursday of 1968
- Next same calendar year: 2024
- Day of week this year: Thursday
- Day of week next year: Saturday
- Day of week in 2021: Sunday
- Days until next birthday: 165 days
- Age on next birthday: 51 years old
- Days since birth: 18,462 days
- Days spent sleeping: 6,154 days
- Years spent sleeping: 16.85 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 625
- Next full moon: February 19 at 15:54:00 GMT – Tuesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 9, 2000
- Age in dog years: 245 dog years old using a Dalmatian breed
- Life path number and meaning: 6 – It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Monkey
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: January 4, 1971 (+135)
- Worst compatible birthday: April 15, 1958 (-113)
- 1968 world population: 3,562,313,822
- Number one song: Hello, I Love You by The Doors (August 3, 1968)
- Babies born in 1968: 120,171,727
- Babies born in 1968 every day: 328,338
- Babies born in 1968 every minute: 228
- Popular girl’s name: Lisa – 49,532 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 82,006 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: August 29, 1938 – Elliott Gould, American actor and producer; December 6, 1979 – Yanina González, Paraguayan model, Miss Paraguay 2004; May 5, 1988 – Brooke Hogan, American singer and actress.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,791