Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 10th of August 1978 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 6 minutes. Enjoy!
August 10, 1978 was a Thursday and it was the 222nd day of the year 1978. The next time you can reuse your old 1978 calendar will be in 2017. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Thursday. Next year it will be Friday and two years from now it will be Saturday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 258 days left before your next birthday. You will be 40 years old when that day comes. There have been 14,352 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 486 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on December 3 at 15:49:00 GMT – Sunday.
If a dog named Sapa - a Maltese Shih Tzu breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 176 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Sapa will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Sapa will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1902Norma Shearer
- 1952Diane Venora
- 1959Rosanna Arquette
- 1964Hiro Takahashi
- 1967Lorraine Pearson
- 1972Christofer Johnsson
- 1978Claire Yiu
- 1980Roxanne McKee
- 1981Yaani King
- 1984Mokomichi Hayami
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 10.
Did you know? It takes as little as 8 hours of one-on-one tutoring to improve a full letter grade, according to a nationwide poll of private tutors. Click here to search for a tutor today! More than 80,000 tutors in 300+ subjects. (Sponsored link; US only)
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 10.
- 1872William Manuel Johnson, American bassist (d. 1972)
- 1909Leo Fender, American businessman, founded Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (d. 1991)
- 1913Kalevi Kotkas, Estonian-Finnish high jumper and discus thrower (d. 1983)
- 1950Rémy Girard, Canadian actor, singer, and game show host
- 1954Rick Overton, American screenwriter, actor and comedian
- 1960Antonio Banderas, Spanish actor, singer, and producer
- 1982Nicole O'Brian, American model, Miss Texas USA 2003
- 1982Shaun Murphy, English snooker player
- 1992Go Ah-sung, South Korean actress and singer
- 1993Andre Drummond, American basketball player
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 10.
Create unlimited collages for every occasion, big or small. Share online with animation and music, or print as heartfelt decor, keepsake cards, or frame-worthy gifts. Turn photos into art with Smilebox. It’s FREE - download now! (Sponsored link)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1270Yekuno Amlak takes the imperial throne of Ethiopia, restoring the Solomonic dynasty to power after a 100-year Zagwe interregnum.
- 1512The naval Battle of Saint-Mathieu, during the War of the League of Cambrai, sees the simultaneous destruction of the Breton ship La Cordelière and the English ship The Regent.
- 1675The foundation stone of the Royal Greenwich Observatory in London, England is laid.
- 1813Instituto Nacional, is founded by the Chilean patriot José Miguel Carrera. It is Chile’s oldest and most prestigious school. Its motto is Labor Omnia Vincit, which means “Work conquers all things”.
- 1846The Smithsonian Institution is chartered by the United States Congress after James Smithson donates $500,000.
- 1904Russo-Japanese War: The Battle of the Yellow Sea between the Russian and Japanese battleship fleets takes place.
- 1944World War II: American forces defeat the last Japanese troops on Guam.
- 1990More than 127 Muslims are killed in North East Sri Lanka by paramilitary troops.
- 1993An earthquake measuring 7.0 on the Richter Scale hits the South Island of New Zealand.
- 2003Yuri Malenchenko becomes the first person to marry in outer space.
View the complete list of historical events for August 10.
Curious about this Banana Whirly? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 10 and 1978 reveal that your Life Path number is 7. It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: G. Hannelius, Charles Collingwood, Richard Archer, Grant Hill, Chris Elliott, Shane Scott, Arthur Darvill, Carole Lombard, Fred Quimby, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 10 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Horse is the mythical animal and Earth is the element of a person born on August 10, 1978.
Hmmm... what do the stars have to say about you today? Get your daily Leo horoscope for free. Get a boost from the stars! Make today a great day for love, money, and career. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and even yearly forecast.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Thursday’ is sapphire.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Three Times a Lady by Commodores as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 12, 1978). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Portugal approximately on 1150. Your profession was teacher, mathematician, geologist.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Inquisitive, inventive, liked to get to the very bottom of things and to rummage in books. Talent for drama, natural born actor.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: The world is full of ill and lonely people. You should help those, who are less fortunate than you are.
Can you remember who you were?
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: June 12, 1948 – Lyn Collins, American singer (d. 2005); July 16, 1979 – Nathan Rogers, Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist; February 13, 1984 – Brina Palencia, American actress and singer.
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,285