Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 11th of August 1961 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
August 11, 1961 was a Friday and it was the 223rd day of the year 1961. It was the 32nd Friday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1961 calendar will be in 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Friday. Next year it will be Sunday and two years from now it will be Monday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 254 days left before your next birthday. You will be 63 years old when that day comes. There have been 22,757 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 7,586 days or 20.77 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 771 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on December 27 at 00:35:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 19, 1993.
If a dog named Mactavish - a Bearded Collie breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 299 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Mactavish will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Mactavish will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Johanna’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1884Hermann Wlach
- 1902Lloyd Nolan
- 1927Stuart Rosenberg
- 1965Viola Davis
- 1971Julie Clarke
- 1974Chris Messina
- 1981Fiona Sit
- 1982Alan Halsall
- 1984Katie Rees
- 1985Asher Roth
View the complete list of August 11 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 11.
- 1667Anna Maria Luisa de' Medici, Italian wife of Johann Wilhelm, Elector Palatine (d. 1743)
- 1892Hugh MacDiarmid, Scottish poet and linguist (d. 1978)
- 1925Arlene Dahl, American actress, businesswoman and writer
- 1932John Gorrie, English director and screenwriter
- 1950Erik Brann, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Iron Butterfly) (d. 2003)
- 1969Toomas Kivisild, Estonian geneticist and academic
- 1976Ben Gibbard, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Death Cab for Cutie, The Postal Service, and ¡All-Time Quarterback!)
- 1977Dênio Martins, Brazilian footballer
- 1981Fiona Sit, Hong Kong singer and actress
- 1985Asher Roth, American rapper
View the complete list of August 11 famous birthdays.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1332Wars of Scottish Independence: Battle of Dupplin Moor: Scots under Domhnall II, Earl of Mar are routed by Edward Balliol.
- 1929Babe Ruth becomes the first baseball player to hit 500 home runs in his career with a home run at League Park in Cleveland, Ohio.
- 1945Poles in Kraków engage in a pogrom against Jews in the city, killing one and wounding five.
- 1952Hussein bin Talal is proclaimed King of Jordan.
- 1965Race riots (the Watts Riots) begin in the Watts area of Los Angeles, California.
- 1968The last steam hauled train runs on British Rail
- 1975East Timor: Governor Mário Lemos Pires of Portuguese Timor abandons the capital Dili, following a coup by the Timorese Democratic Union (UDT) and the outbreak of civil war between UDT and Fretilin.
- 1979Two Aeroflot Tupolev Tu-134s collide over the Ukrainian city of Dniprodzerzhynsk and crash, killing all 178 aboard both airliners.
- 2006The oil tanker M/T Solar 1 sinks off the coast of Guimaras and Negros Islands in the Philippines, causing the country’s worst oil spill.
- 2015For the first time in Major League Baseball history, all 15 home teams won their game. Prior to this happening, the record was 12 which was reached over a century ago in 1914.
View the complete list of August 11 historical events.
Curious about this Lime Green Buttercream? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 11, and 1961 reveal that your Life Path number is 9. It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Hiroshi Yanaka, Del Moore, Luca Ronconi, Daniel Cosgrove, Park Shin-yang, Dave Hill, Jay Ilagan, Prince, Yao Beina, Kumar Pallana.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 11 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Metal is the Eastern element of a person born on August 11, 1961.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Friday’ is emerald.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 11th August 1961 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on November 21, 1931. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +167. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on February 8, 1942. Your score is -195. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 3,083,966,929. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Tossin’ and Turnin’ by Bobby Lewis as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 14, 1961). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Portugal approximately on 1150. Your profession was teacher, mathematician, geologist.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Inquisitive, inventive, liked to get to the very bottom of things and to rummage in books. Talent for drama, natural born actor.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: The world is full of ill and lonely people. You should help those, who are less fortunate than you are.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 109,557,830 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1961. The estimated number of babies born on 11th August 1961 is 300,158. That’s equivalent to 208 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 47,676 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 86,922 times in the year 1961. Any chance you are Mary or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 11” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 11, 1961. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 223rd day of 1961
- Day of week: Friday
- Day of week birthstone: Emerald
- Week index: 32nd Friday of 1961
- Next same calendar year: 2023
- Day of week this year: Friday
- Day of week next year: Sunday
- Day of week in 2025: Monday
- Days until next birthday: 254 days
- Age on next birthday: 63 years old
- Days since birth: 22,757 days
- Days spent sleeping: 7,586 days
- Years spent sleeping: 20.77 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 771
- Next full moon: December 27 at 00:35:00 GMT – Wednesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 19, 1993
- Age in dog years: 299 dog years old using a Bearded Collie breed
- Life path number and meaning: 9 – It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Ox
- Eastern zodiac element: Metal
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: November 21, 1931 (+167)
- Worst compatible birthday: February 8, 1942 (-195)
- 1961 world population: 3,083,966,929
- Number one song: Tossin’ and Turnin’ by Bobby Lewis (August 14, 1961)
- Babies born in 1961: 109,557,830
- Babies born in 1961 every day: 300,158
- Babies born in 1961 every minute: 208
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 47,676 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 86,922 babies
- Roman numerals: XI.VIII.MCMLXI
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: November 23, 1959 – Maxwell Caulfield, English-American actor and singer; August 17, 1981 – Kristin Adams, American singer and television host; February 22, 1948 – John Ashton, American actor.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,013