Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 12th of August 1980 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 7 minutes. Enjoy!
August 12, 1980 was a Tuesday and it was the 225th day of the year 1980. The next time you can reuse your old 1980 calendar will be in 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Sunday. Next year it will be Monday and two years from now it will be Wednesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 362 days left before your next birthday. You will be 39 years old when that day comes. There have been 13,882 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth then you have slept a total of 4,627 days or 13 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 470 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on August 26 at 11:58:00 GMT – Sunday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 20, 2012.
If a dog named Peeve - a Bulldog breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 172 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Peeve will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Peeve will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1896Ejner Federspiel
- 1907Joe Besser
- 1927Porter Wagoner
- 1943Deborah Walley
- 1954Sam J. Jones
- 1969Tanita Tikaram
- 1970Hidetaka Yoshioka
- 1977Park Yong-ha
- 1980Rojda Demirer
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 12.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 12.
- 1566Isabella Clara Eugenia Spanish wife of Albert VII, Archduke of Austria (d. 1633)
- 1867Edith Hamilton, German-American author and educator (d. 1963)
- 1886Keith Murdoch, Australian journalist (d. 1952)
- 1904Alexei Nikolaevich, Tsarevich of Russia (d. 1918)
- 1919Vikram Sarabhai, Indian physicist and academic (d. 1971)
- 1925Norris McWhirter, Scottish publisher and activist co-founded the Guinness World Records (d. 2004)
- 1963Sir Mix-a-Lot, American rapper, producer, and actor
- 1970Hidetaka Yoshioka, Japanese actor
- 1986Elise Avellan, Venezuelan actress
- 1993Luna, South Korean actress, singer, and dancer (f(x))
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 12.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1687Battle of Mohács: Charles of Lorraine defeats the Ottoman Empire.
- 1806Santiago de Liniers, 1st Count of Buenos Aires re-takes the city of Buenos Aires, Argentina after the first British invasion.
- 1898An Armistice ends the Spanish–American War.
- 1914World War I: The Battle of Haelen a.k.a. (Battle of the Silver Helmets) a clash between large Belgian and German cavalry formations at Halen, Belgium.
- 1944Alençon is liberated by General Philippe Leclerc de Hauteclocque, the first city in France to be liberated from the Nazis by French forces.
- 1948USS Nevada is struck from the naval record.
- 1950Korean War: Bloody Gulch massacre—American POWs are massacred by North Korean Army.
- 1952The Night of the Murdered Poets: Thirteen prominent Jewish intellectuals are murdered in Moscow, Russia, Soviet Union.
- 1953The islands of Zakynthos and Kefalonia in Greece are severely damaged by an earthquake measuring 7.3 on the Richter scale.
- 1990Sue, the largest and most complete Tyrannosaurus Rex skeleton found to date, is discovered by Sue Hendrickson in South Dakota.
View the complete list of historical events for August 12.
Curious about this Perfect Gift Box? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 12 and 1980 reveal that your Life Path number is 2. It represents balance, harmony and partnership. You have the soul of an artist. You are a fine companion and possess a good sense of humor. Friends seek you out for your calming and peaceful company.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Mark Jindrak, Elarica Gallacher, Kara DioGuardi, Benny Bailey, Randy Newman, Lois Ramsey, Emma Taylor-Isherwood, Benno Besson, Jonathan Monaghan, Li Nanxing.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 12 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Monkey is the mythical animal and Metal is the element of a person born on August 12, 1980.
Hmmm... what do the stars have to say about you today? Get your daily Leo horoscope for free. Get a boost from the stars! Make today a great day for love, money, and career. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and even yearly forecast.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Tuesday’ is ruby.
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Magic by Olivia Newton-John as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 16, 1980). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Poland approximately on 1350. Your profession was builder of roads, bridges, docks.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You are a person with huge energy, good in planning and supervising. If you were just garbage-man, you were chief garbage-man.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to learn humility and faith in spiritual principles. You should believe in High Reason.
Can you remember who you were?
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: April 25, 1920 – Jean Carmet, French actor (d. 1994); May 23, 1984 – Sam Milby, American-Filipino actor and singer; October 12, 1956 – David Vanian, English singer-songwriter (The Damned and Dave Vanian and the Phantom Chords).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,350