Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 15th of August 1947 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 6 minutes. Enjoy!
August 15, 1947 was a Friday and it was the 227th day of the year 1947. The next time you can reuse your old 1947 calendar will be in 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Tuesday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Thursday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 298 days left before your next birthday. You will be 71 years old when that day comes. There have been 25,635 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 868 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on November 4 at 05:24:00 GMT – Saturday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1912Wendy Hiller
- 1921August Kowalczyk
- 1925Bill Pinkney
- 1947Jenny Hanley
- 1958Rondell Sheridan
- 1961Arjun Sarja
- 1963Lady Miss Kier
- 1982Cori Yarckin
- 1985Cogie Domingo
- 1989Joe Jonas
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 15.
Did you know? It takes as little as 8 hours of one-on-one tutoring to improve a full letter grade, according to a nationwide poll of private tutors. Click here to search for a tutor today! More than 80,000 tutors in 300+ subjects. (Sponsored link; US only)
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 15.
- 1898Jan Brzechwa, Polish author and poet (d. 1966)
- 1904George Klein, Canadian inventor, invented the Motorized wheelchair (d. 1992)
- 1922Leonard Baskin, American sculptor and illustrator (d. 2000)
- 1929Georgios Roubanis, Greek pole vaulter
- 1933Michael Rutter, Lebanese-English psychiatrist and academic
- 1940Gudrun Ensslin, German militant leader, founded Red Army Faction (d. 1977)
- 1956Freedom Neruda, Ivorian journalist
- 1969Christian Mixon, American actor and race car driver
- 1981Óliver Pérez, American baseball player
- 1982Heather Carolin, American model and actress
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 15.
Create unlimited collages for every occasion, big or small. Share online with animation and music, or print as heartfelt decor, keepsake cards, or frame-worthy gifts. Turn photos into art with Smilebox. It’s FREE - download now! (Sponsored link)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 718Arab–Byzantine wars: Raising of the Second Arab Siege of Constantinople.
- 1461The Empire of Trebizond surrenders to the forces of Sultan Mehmed II. This is regarded by some historians as the real end of the Byzantine Empire. Emperor David is exiled and later murdered.
- 1599Nine Years’ War: Battle of Curlew Pass – Irish forces led by Hugh Roe O'Donnell successfully ambush English forces, led by Sir Conyers Clifford, sent to relieve Collooney Castle.
- 1760Seven Years’ War: Battle of Liegnitz – Frederick the Great’s victory over the Austrians under Ernst Gideon von Laudon.
- 1812War of 1812: The Battle of Fort Dearborn is fought between United States troops and Potawatomi at what is now Chicago.
- 1843Tivoli Gardens, one of the oldest still intact amusement parks in the world, opens in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- 1863The Anglo-Satsuma War begins between the Satsuma Domain of Japan and the United Kingdom (Traditional Japanese date: July 2, 1863).
- 1947Founder of Pakistan, Muhammad Ali Jinnah is sworn in as first Governor-General of Pakistan in Karachi.
- 1971Bahrain gains independence from the United Kingdom.
- 1971President Richard Nixon completes the break from the gold standard by ending convertibility of the United States dollar into gold by foreign investors.
View the complete list of historical events for August 15.
Curious about this Kamias Butter Ball? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 15 and 1947 reveal that your Life Path number is 8. It represents experience, authority and endeavour. You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Janet Montgomery, Eric Johnson, Gene Hackman, Arnold Wesker, Vassilis Tsitsanis, Miriam Yeung, Don Dokken, James Widdoes, Robin Duke, Bobby Driscoll.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 15 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Fire is the element of a person born on August 15, 1947.
Hmmm... what do the stars have to say about you today? Get your daily Leo horoscope for free. Get a boost from the stars! Make today a great day for love, money, and career. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and even yearly forecast.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Friday’ is emerald.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Saudi Arabia approximately on 1200. Your profession was trainer, holder of the fine animals, birds, insects.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Revolutionary type. You inspired changes in any sphere — politics, business, religion, housekeeping. Could be a leader.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to learn humility and faith in spiritual principles. You should believe in High Reason.
Can you remember who you were?
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: June 26, 1973 – Rebecca Budig, American actress; November 1, 1926 – Betsy Palmer, American actress (d. 2015); February 8, 1942 – Robert Klein, American comedian, actor, and singer.
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,127