Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 15th of August 1947 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 6 minutes. Enjoy!
August 15, 1947 was a Friday and it was the 227th day of the year 1947. The next time you can reuse your old 1947 calendar will be in 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Wednesday. Next year it will be Thursday and two years from now it will be Saturday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 31 days left before your next birthday. You will be 71 years old when that day comes. There have been 25,902 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 877 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on July 27 at 20:22:00 GMT – Friday.
If a dog named Follette - a Standard Schnauzer breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 335 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Follette will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Follette will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1944Sylvie Vartan
- 1947Jenny Hanley
- 1958Simple Kapadia
- 1961Arjun Sarja
- 1961Suhasini Maniratnam
- 1969Cris Judd
- 1972Chris Morrissey
- 1973Amitabh Bhattacharjee
- 1974Gry Bay
- 1986Maria Fowler
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 15.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 15.
- 1886Bill Whitty, Australian cricketer (d. 1974)
- 1896Gerty Cori, Czech-American biochemist and physiologist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1957)
- 1926Julius Katchen, American pianist and composer (d. 1969)
- 1928Carl Joachim Classen, German scholar and academic (d. 2013)
- 1928Malcolm Glazer, American businessman (d. 2014)
- 1935Lionel Taylor, American football player and coach
- 1951John Childs, English cricketer
- 1975Vijay Bharadwaj, Indian cricketer and coach
- 1977Martin Biron, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1993Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, English footballer
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 15.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 636Arab–Byzantine wars: The Battle of Yarmouk between Byzantine Empire and Rashidun Caliphate begins.
- 927The Saracens conquer and destroy Taranto.
- 1070The Pavian-born Benedictine Lanfranc is appointed as the new Archbishop of Canterbury in England.
- 1843The Cathedral of Our Lady of Peace in Honolulu, Hawaii is dedicated. Now the cathedral of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Honolulu, it is the oldest Roman Catholic cathedral in continuous use in the United States.
- 1863The Anglo-Satsuma War begins between the Satsuma Domain of Japan and the United Kingdom (Traditional Japanese date: July 2, 1863).
- 1869The Meiji government in Japan establishes six new ministries, including one for Shinto.
- 1893Ibadan area becomes a British Protectorate after a treaty signed by Fijabi, the Baale of Ibadan with the British acting Governor of Lagos, George C. Denton.
- 1914World War I: The First Russian Army, led by Paul von Rennenkampf, enters East Prussia.
- 1952A flash flood drenches the town of Lynmouth, England, killing 34 people.
- 1977The Big Ear, a radio telescope operated by Ohio State University as part of the SETI project, receives a radio signal from deep space; the event is named the “Wow! signal” from the notation made by a volunteer on the project.
View the complete list of historical events for August 15.
Curious about this Grape Spiral? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 15 and 1947 reveal that your Life Path number is 8. It represents experience, authority and endeavour. You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Dian Bachar, Jonny Fairplay, Maura Tierney, Michael Hinz, Roine Stolt, David Nelson, Megan Reinking, Pascal Greggory, Noelle Scaggs, Kathy Kirby.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 15 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Fire is the element of a person born on August 15, 1947.
Hmmm... what do the stars have to say about you today? Get your daily Leo horoscope for free. Get a boost from the stars! Make today a great day for love, money, and career. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and even yearly forecast.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Friday’ is emerald.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Saudi Arabia approximately on 1200. Your profession was trainer, holder of the fine animals, birds, insects.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Revolutionary type. You inspired changes in any sphere — politics, business, religion, housekeeping. Could be a leader.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to learn humility and faith in spiritual principles. You should believe in High Reason.
Can you remember who you were?
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: January 22, 1935 – Seymour Cassel, American actor; November 20, 1980 – Eiko Koike, Japanese idol and actress; December 11, 1979 – Rider Strong, American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter.
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,164