Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 16th of August 1957 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 11 minutes. Enjoy!
August 16, 1957 was a Friday and it was the 228th day of the year 1957. It was the 33rd Friday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1957 calendar will be in 2030. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Sunday. Next year it will be Monday and two years from now it will be Tuesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 77 days left before your next birthday. You will be 63 years old when that day comes. There have been 22,934 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 7,645 days or 20.93 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 776 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on June 5 at 19:15:00 GMT – Friday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 24, 1989.
If a dog named Owen - a Jack Russell Terrier breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 268 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Owen will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Owen will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1928Ann Blyth
- 1934Pierre Richard
- 1937David Behrman
- 1957Laura Innes
- 1958Angela Bassett
- 1969Kate Higgins
- 1994Riho Takada
- 1994Tippy Dos Santos
- 2003Harvey Bautista
View the complete list of August 16 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 16.
- 1856Aparicio Saravia, Uruguayan general and politician (d. 1904)
- 1927Lois Nettleton, American actress (d. 2008)
- 1928Eydie Gormé, American singer and actress (d. 2013)
- 1929Bill Evans, American pianist and composer (d. 1980)
- 1933Stuart Roosa, American colonel, pilot, and astronaut (d. 1994)
- 1967Mark Coyne, Australian rugby player
- 1972Emily Robison, American singer-songwriter and banjo player (Dixie Chicks and Court Yard Hounds)
- 1974Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Guyanese cricketer
- 1980Øystein Moen, Norwegian pianist and composer (Puma and Jaga Jazzist)
- 1987Eri Kitamura, Japanese voice actress and singer
View the complete list of August 16 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Brianna’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1863The Dominican Restoration War begins when Gregorio Luperón raises the Dominican flag in Santo Domingo after Spain had recolonized the country.
- 1896Skookum Jim Mason, George Carmack and Dawson Charlie discover gold in a tributary of the Klondike River in Canada, setting off the Klondike Gold Rush.
- 1920Ray Chapman of the Cleveland Indians is hit on the head by a fastball thrown by Carl Mays of the New York Yankees, and dies early the next day. Chapman was the second player to die from injuries sustained in a Major League Baseball game, the first being Doc Powers in 1909.
- 1923The United Kingdom gives the name “Ross Dependency” to part of its claimed Antarctic territory and makes the Governor-General of the Dominion of New Zealand its administrator.
- 1927The Dole Air Race begins from Oakland, California, to Honolulu, Hawaii, during which six out of the eight participating planes crash or disappear.
- 1930The first British Empire Games were opened in Hamilton, Ontario by the Governor General of Canada, the Viscount Willingdon.
- 1942World War II: The two-person crew of the U.S. naval blimp L-8 disappears without a trace on a routine anti-submarine patrol over the Pacific Ocean. The blimp drifts without her crew and crash-lands in Daly City, California.
- 1945Puyi, the last Chinese emperor and ruler of Manchukuo, is captured by Soviet troops.
- 1954The first issue of Sports Illustrated is published.
- 1960Cyprus gains its independence from the United Kingdom.
View the complete list of August 16 historical events.
Curious about this Pink Bubble Ball? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 16, and 1957 reveal that your Life Path number is 1. It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Rory Culkin, Michael Flatley, Matt Sorum, Peter Slaghuis, Stanley Anderson, Federico Ágreda, Sara Dallin, Heidi Swedberg, Arthur Napiontek, Burton C. Bell.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 16 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Rooster is the mythical animal and Fire is the Eastern element of a person born on August 16, 1957.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Friday’ is emerald.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 16th August 1957 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on January 23, 1984. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +103. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on February 27, 1964. Your score is -173. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 2,891,349,717. (U.S. Census Bureau)
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of USA North-East approximately on 1425. Your profession was farmer, weaver, tailor.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Seeker of truth and wisdom. You could have seen your future lives. Others perceived you as an idealist illuminating path to the future.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – development and expansion of your mental consciousness. Find good teacher, spend a part of your time and energy on his wisdom.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 102,068,660 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1957. The estimated number of babies born on 16th August 1957 is 279,640. That’s equivalent to 194 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 61,092 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 92,695 times in the year 1957. Any chance you are Mary or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 16” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 16, 1957. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 228th day of 1957
- Day of week: Friday
- Day of week birthstone: Emerald
- Week index: 33rd Friday of 1957
- Next same calendar year: 2030
- Day of week this year: Sunday
- Day of week next year: Monday
- Day of week in 2022: Tuesday
- Days until next birthday: 77 days
- Age on next birthday: 63 years old
- Days since birth: 22,934 days
- Days spent sleeping: 7,645 days
- Years spent sleeping: 20.93 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 776
- Next full moon: June 5 at 19:15:00 GMT – Friday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 24, 1989
- Age in dog years: 268 dog years old using a Jack Russell Terrier breed
- Life path number and meaning: 1 – It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Rooster
- Eastern zodiac element: Fire
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: January 23, 1984 (+103)
- Worst compatible birthday: February 27, 1964 (-173)
- 1957 world population: 2,891,349,717
- Babies born in 1957: 102,068,660
- Babies born in 1957 every day: 279,640
- Babies born in 1957 every minute: 194
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 61,092 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 92,695 babies
- Roman numerals: XVI.VIII.MCMLVII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: January 19, 1909 – Hans Hotter, German opera singer (d. 2003); August 21, 1932 – Melvin Van Peebles, American actor, director, and screenwriter; September 15, 1968 – Danny Nucci, Austrian-American actor.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,111