Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 16th of August 1970 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 11 minutes. Enjoy!
August 16, 1970 was a Sunday and it was the 228th day of the year 1970. It was the 33rd Sunday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1970 calendar will be in 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Sunday. Next year it will be Monday and two years from now it will be Tuesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There is 1 day left before your next birthday. You will be 50 years old when that day comes. There have been 18,262 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 6,087 days or 16.67 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 619 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on September 2 at 05:23:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 24, 2002.
If a dog named Mickie - a Treeing Walker Coonhound breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 272 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Mickie will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Mickie will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1924Fess Parker
- 1934John Standing
- 1952Reginald VelJohnson
- 1958Angela Bassett
- 1963Christine Cavanaugh
- 1975George Stults
- 1993Cameron Monaghan
View the complete list of August 16 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 16.
- 1895Albert Cohen, Greek-Swiss author and playwright (d. 1981)
- 1925Mal Waldron, American pianist and composer (d. 2002)
- 1934Diana Wynne Jones, English author (d. 2011)
- 1937Lorraine Gary, American actress
- 1945Suzanne Farrell, American ballerina and educator
- 1968Wolfgang Tillmans, German photographer
- 1980Øystein Moen, Norwegian pianist and composer (Puma and Jaga Jazzist)
- 1985Cristin Milioti, American actress and singer
- 1991Kwon Ri-se, South Korean singer (Ladies’ Code) (d. 2014)
- 1992Islam Dzhabrailov, Russian footballer
View the complete list of August 16 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Cora’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1 BCWang Mang consolidates his power and is declared marshal of state. Emperor Ai of Han, who had died the previous day, had no heirs.
- 963Nikephoros II Phokas is crowned emperor of the Byzantine Empire.
- 1819Peterloo Massacre: Seventeen people die and over 600 are injured in cavalry charges at a public meeting at St. Peter’s Field, Manchester, England.
- 1841U.S. President John Tyler vetoes a bill which called for the re-establishment of the Second Bank of the United States. Enraged Whig Party members riot outside the White House in the most violent demonstration on White House grounds in U.S. history.
- 1863The Dominican Restoration War begins when Gregorio Luperón raises the Dominican flag in Santo Domingo after Spain had recolonized the country.
- 1870Franco-Prussian War: The Battle of Mars-la-Tour is fought, resulting in a Prussian victory.
- 1913Tōhoku Imperial University of Japan (modern day Tohoku University) becomes the first university in Japan to admit female students.
- 1920Ray Chapman of the Cleveland Indians is hit on the head by a fastball thrown by Carl Mays of the New York Yankees, and dies early the next day. Chapman was the second player to die from injuries sustained in a Major League Baseball game, the first being Doc Powers in 1909.
- 1945An assassination attempt is made on Japan’s prime minister, Kantarō Suzuki.
- 2012South African police fatally shoot 34 miners and wound 78 more during an industrial dispute near Rustenburg.
View the complete list of August 16 historical events.
Curious about this Kiwi Fruit Swirl? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 16, and 1970 reveal that your Life Path number is 5. It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Peter Frampton, State of Bengal, Titus Welliver, Dean Brooks, Kate Burton, Patrick Labyorteaux, Angel Locsin, Carol Decker, Ellen Albertini Dow, Jaroslava Schallerová.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 16 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Dog is the mythical animal and Metal is the Eastern element of a person born on August 16, 1970.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Sunday’ is topaz.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 16th August 1970 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on January 24, 1973. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +158. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on February 13, 1964. Your score is -199. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 3,712,697,742. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Make It with You by Bread as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 22, 1970). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Western Africa approximately on 1725. Your profession was dancer, singer, actor.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Ruthless character, carefully weighing your decisions in critical situations, with excellent self-control and strong will. Generally liked, but not always loved.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to combat violence and disharmony in our world, to understand its roots and origins. All global problems have similar origins.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 121,504,132 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1970. The estimated number of babies born on 16th August 1970 is 332,888. That’s equivalent to 231 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 46,157 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 85,303 times in the year 1970. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 16” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 16, 1970. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 228th day of 1970
- Day of week: Sunday
- Day of week birthstone: Topaz
- Week index: 33rd Sunday of 1970
- Next same calendar year: 2026
- Day of week this year: Sunday
- Day of week next year: Monday
- Day of week in 2022: Tuesday
- Days until next birthday: 1 day
- Age on next birthday: 50 years old
- Days since birth: 18,262 days
- Days spent sleeping: 6,087 days
- Years spent sleeping: 16.67 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 619
- Next full moon: September 2 at 05:23:00 GMT – Wednesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 24, 2002
- Age in dog years: 272 dog years old using a Treeing Walker Coonhound breed
- Life path number and meaning: 5 – It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Dog
- Eastern zodiac element: Metal
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: January 24, 1973 (+158)
- Worst compatible birthday: February 13, 1964 (-199)
- 1970 world population: 3,712,697,742
- Number one song: Make It with You by Bread (August 22, 1970)
- Babies born in 1970: 121,504,132
- Babies born in 1970 every day: 332,888
- Babies born in 1970 every minute: 231
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 46,157 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 85,303 babies
- Roman numerals: XVI.VIII.MCMLXX
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: July 28, 1982 – Ágústa Eva Erlendsdóttir, Icelandic singer and actress; December 28, 1905 – Cliff Arquette, American actor and singer (d. 1974); July 20, 1964 – Dean Winters, American actor.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,142