Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 16th of August 1973 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
August 16, 1973 was a Thursday and it was the 228th day of the year 1973. It was the 33rd Thursday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1973 calendar will be in 2029. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Sunday. Next year it will be Monday and two years from now it will be Tuesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 296 days left before your next birthday. You will be 48 years old when that day comes. There have been 17,236 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 5,745 days or 15.73 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 583 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on October 31 at 14:51:00 GMT – Saturday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 24, 2005.
If a dog named Sigfreid - a Greyhound breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 262 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Sigfreid will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Sigfreid will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1934Donnie Dunagan
- 1937Lorraine Gary
- 1949Barbara Goodson
- 1961Urara Takano
- 1972Emily Robison
- 1977Tamer Hosny
- 1980Vanessa Carlton
- 1994Riho Takada
View the complete list of August 16 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 16.
- 1650Vincenzo Coronelli, Italian monk, cosmographer, and cartographer (d. 1718)
- 1860Jules Laforgue, Uruguayan-French poet and author (d. 1887)
- 1908William Keepers Maxwell, Jr., American author (d. 2000)
- 1947Katharine Hamnett, English fashion designer
- 1949Scott Asheton, American drummer (The Stooges and Sonic’s Rendezvous Band) (d. 2014)
- 1956Vahan Hovhannisyan, Armenian soldier and politician (d. 2014)
- 1959Marc Sergeant, Belgian cyclist and manager
- 1963Christine Cavanaugh, American actress and singer (d. 2014)
- 1970Saif Ali Khan, Indian actor, singer, and producer
- 1980Piet Rooijakkers, Dutch cyclist
View the complete list of August 16 famous birthdays.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IIOJTLUE? Check your answers here: Words with these letters IIOJTLUE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1 BCWang Mang consolidates his power and is declared marshal of state. Emperor Ai of Han, who had died the previous day, had no heirs.
- 963Nikephoros II Phokas is crowned emperor of the Byzantine Empire.
- 1780American Revolutionary War: Battle of Camden: The British defeat the Americans near Camden, South Carolina.
- 1793French Revolution: A levée en masse is decreed by the National Convention.
- 1869Battle of Acosta Ñu: A Paraguayan battalion made up of children is massacred by the Brazilian Army during the Paraguayan War.
- 1896Skookum Jim Mason, George Carmack and Dawson Charlie discover gold in a tributary of the Klondike River in Canada, setting off the Klondike Gold Rush.
- 1913Tōhoku Imperial University of Japan (modern day Tohoku University) becomes the first university in Japan to admit female students.
- 1944First flight of the Junkers Ju 287.
- 1960Cyprus gains its independence from the United Kingdom.
- 1972In an unsuccessful coup d'état attempt, the Royal Moroccan Air Force fires upon Hassan II of Morocco’s plane while he is traveling back to Rabat.
View the complete list of August 16 historical events.
Curious about this Crazy Quick Fuse? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 16, and 1973 reveal that your Life Path number is 8. It represents experience, authority and endeavour. You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Marjorie Main, Jack Dodson, Haywood Nelson, Warren Haynes, Amanda Redman, Colleen Clinkenbeard, Rick Parfitt, J. R. Richards, Frank Darabont, Cheryl Holdridge.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 16 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Water is the Eastern element of a person born on August 16, 1973.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Thursday’ is sapphire.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 16th August 1973 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on December 3, 1961. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +116. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on April 27, 1988. Your score is -114. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 3,942,096,442. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Touch Me in the Morning by Diana Ross as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 18, 1973). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Spain approximately on 1350. Your profession was banker, usurer, moneylender, judge.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Natural talent of psychologist, you knew how to use the opportunities. Cold-blooded and calm in any situation.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your problem – to learn determination and persistency. Every misfortune should crash upon your strong will.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 121,831,979 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1973. The estimated number of babies born on 16th August 1973 is 333,786. That’s equivalent to 232 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 62,451 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 67,846 times in the year 1973. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 16” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 16, 1973. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 228th day of 1973
- Day of week: Thursday
- Day of week birthstone: Sapphire
- Week index: 33rd Thursday of 1973
- Next same calendar year: 2029
- Day of week this year: Sunday
- Day of week next year: Monday
- Day of week in 2022: Tuesday
- Days until next birthday: 296 days
- Age on next birthday: 48 years old
- Days since birth: 17,236 days
- Days spent sleeping: 5,745 days
- Years spent sleeping: 15.73 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 583
- Next full moon: October 31 at 14:51:00 GMT – Saturday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 24, 2005
- Age in dog years: 262 dog years old using a Greyhound breed
- Life path number and meaning: 8 – It represents experience, authority and endeavour. You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Ox
- Eastern zodiac element: Water
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: December 3, 1961 (+116)
- Worst compatible birthday: April 27, 1988 (-114)
- 1973 world population: 3,942,096,442
- Number one song: Touch Me in the Morning by Diana Ross (August 18, 1973)
- Babies born in 1973: 121,831,979
- Babies born in 1973 every day: 333,786
- Babies born in 1973 every minute: 232
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 62,451 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 67,846 babies
- Roman numerals: XVI.VIII.MCMLXXIII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: August 16, 1958 – Angela Bassett, American actress, singer, and producer; May 31, 1953 – Pirkka-Pekka Petelius, Finnish actor and screenwriter; August 22, 1973 – Kristen Wiig, American actress, producer, and screenwriter.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,087