Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 16th of August 1977 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
August 16, 1977 was a Tuesday and it was the 228th day of the year 1977. The next time you can reuse your old 1977 calendar will be in 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Wednesday. Next year it will be Thursday and two years from now it will be Friday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 326 days left before your next birthday. You will be 41 years old when that day comes. There have been 14,649 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 496 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on October 5 at 18:41:00 GMT – Thursday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1915Al Hibbler
- 1928Eydie Gormé
- 1930Robert Culp
- 1933Julie Newmar
- 1945Bob Balaban
- 1972Emily Robison
- 1985Arden Cho
- 1987Eri Kitamura
- 1994Tippy Dos Santos
- 2003Harvey Bautista
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 16.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 16.
- 1832Wilhelm Wundt, German physician, psychologist, and physiologist (d. 1920)
- 1937Lorraine Gary, American actress
- 1947Marc Messier, Canadian actor
- 1948Pierre Reid, Canadian educator and politician
- 1968Arvind Kejriwal, Indian civil servant and politician, 7th Chief Minister of Delhi
- 1968Wolfgang Tillmans, German photographer
- 1980Øystein Moen, Norwegian pianist and composer (Puma and Jaga Jazzist)
- 1980Raniere Silva dos Santos, Brazilian footballer
- 1984Konstantin Vassiljev, Estonian footballer
- 1992Diego Schwartzman, Argentinian tennis player
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 16.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1777American Revolutionary War: The Americans led by General John Stark rout British and Brunswick troops under Friedrich Baum at the Battle of Bennington in Walloomsac, New York.
- 1792Maximilien de Robespierre presents the petition of the Commune of Paris to the Legislative Assembly, which demanded the formation of a revolutionary tribunal.
- 1863The Dominican Restoration War begins when Gregorio Luperón raises the Dominican flag in Santo Domingo after Spain had recolonized the country.
- 1900The Battle of Elands River during the Second Boer War ends after a 13-day siege is lifted by the British. The battle had begun when a force of between 2,000 and 3,000 Boers had surrounded a force of 500 Australians, Rhodesians, Canadians and British soldiers at a supply dump at Brakfontein Drift.
- 1913Tōhoku Imperial University of Japan (modern day Tohoku University) becomes the first university in Japan to admit female students.
- 1920Polish–Soviet War: The Battle of Radzymin concludes; the Soviet Red Army is forced to turn away from Warsaw.
- 1929The 1929 Palestine riots break out in Mandatory Palestine between Palestinian Arabs and Jews and continue until the end of the month. In total, 133 Jews and 116 Arabs are killed.
- 1946Mass riots in Kolkata begin, in which more than 4,000 would be killed in 72 hours.
- 1946The All Hyderabad Trade Union Congress is founded in Secunderabad.
- 1972In an unsuccessful coup d'état attempt, the Royal Moroccan Air Force fires upon Hassan II of Morocco’s plane while he is traveling back to Rabat.
View the complete list of historical events for August 16.
Curious about this Amethyst? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 16 and 1977 reveal that your Life Path number is 3. It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Astrid Varnay, Doris Singleton, Christian Bautista, Anna Moffo, Ed Begley, Jr., Werner Abrolat, Rudy Ray Moore, Bing Crosby, Sammy J, Michael Hutchence.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 16 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Snake is the mythical animal and Fire is the element of a person born on August 16, 1977.
Hmmm... what do the stars have to say about you today? Get your daily Leo horoscope for free. Get a boost from the stars! Make today a great day for love, money, and career. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and even yearly forecast.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Tuesday’ is ruby.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Best of My Love by The Emotions as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 20, 1977). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: August 28, 1989 – Cassadee Pope, American singer-songwriter (Hey Monday); August 11, 1959 – Gustavo Cerati, Argentinian singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Soda Stereo) (d. 2014); April 3, 1957 – Michalis Rakintzis, Greek singer-songwriter.
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,043