Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 16th of August 2008 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
August 16, 2008 was a Saturday and it was the 229th day of the year 2008. It was the 33rd Saturday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 2008 calendar will be in 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Monday. Next year it will be Tuesday and two years from now it will be Wednesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 332 days left before your next birthday. You will be 14 years old when that day comes. There have been 4,781 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 1,594 days or 4.36 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 162 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on September 20 at 23:56:00 GMT – Monday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) will happen sometime on April 24, 2040.
If a dog named Varro - a Bracco Italiano breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 88 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Varro will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Varro will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1915Al Hibbler
- 1933Julie Newmar
- 1936Anita Gillette
- 1937Lorraine Gary
- 1940Bruce Beresford
- 1946Lesley Ann Warren
- 1953Kathie Lee Gifford
- 1960Timothy Hutton
- 1982Cam Gigandet
- 1985Cristin Milioti
View the complete list of August 16 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 16.
- 1596Frederick V, Elector Palatine, Bohemian king (d. 1632)
- 1862Amos Alonzo Stagg, American baseball player and coach (d. 1965)
- 1915Al Hibbler, American singer (d. 2001)
- 1928Ann Blyth, American actress and singer
- 1946Dick Murdoch, American wrestler (d. 1996)
- 1947Katharine Hamnett, English fashion designer
- 1957R. R. Patil, Indian lawyer and politician, Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra (d. 2015)
- 1961Angela C. Smith, English academic and politician
- 1964Jimmy Arias, American tennis player and sportscaster
- 1979Paul Gallacher, Scottish footballer
View the complete list of August 16 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Alan’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1 BCWang Mang consolidates his power and is declared marshal of state. Emperor Ai of Han, who had died the previous day, had no heirs.
- 1792Maximilien de Robespierre presents the petition of the Commune of Paris to the Legislative Assembly, which demanded the formation of a revolutionary tribunal.
- 1812War of 1812: American General William Hull surrenders Fort Detroit without a fight to the British Army.
- 1841U.S. President John Tyler vetoes a bill which called for the re-establishment of the Second Bank of the United States. Enraged Whig Party members riot outside the White House in the most violent demonstration on White House grounds in U.S. history.
- 1906An estimated 8.2 MW earthquake hits Valparaíso, Chile, killing 3,886 people.
- 1942World War II: The two-person crew of the U.S. naval blimp L-8 disappears without a trace on a routine anti-submarine patrol over the Pacific Ocean. The blimp drifts without her crew and crash-lands in Daly City, California.
- 1946Mass riots in Kolkata begin, in which more than 4,000 would be killed in 72 hours.
- 1954The first issue of Sports Illustrated is published.
- 1960Joseph Kittinger parachutes from a balloon over New Mexico at 102800 ft, setting three records that held until 2012: High-altitude jump, free fall, and highest speed by a human without an aircraft.
- 1962Eight years after the remaining French India territories were handed to India, the ratifications of the treaty are exchanged to make the transfer official.
View the complete list of August 16 historical events.
Curious about this Langka Sprinkle? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 16, and 2008 reveal that your Life Path number is 7. It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Beulah Bondi, Junichi Ishida, Patrick Duffy, Will Hay, Monica Chan, Jimmy Wayne, Sarai, Hunter Parrish, Annie Ilonzeh, Irene Bedard.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 16 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Rat is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on August 16, 2008.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 16th August 2008 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on January 5, 1994. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +192. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on August 6, 2001. Your score is -159. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 6,709,049,780. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was I Kissed a Girl by Katy Perry as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 16, 2008). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Philippines approximately on 1100. Your profession was builder of houses, temples, cathedrals.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Ruthless character, carefully weighing your decisions in critical situations, with excellent self-control and strong will. Generally liked, but not always loved.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to combat violence and disharmony in our world, to understand its roots and origins. All global problems have similar origins.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 137,464,471 babies were born throughout the world in the year 2008. The estimated number of babies born on 16th August 2008 is 375,586. That’s equivalent to 261 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Emma. This name was given to 18,809 baby girls. For the boys it’s Jacob. This name was recorded 22,591 times in the year 2008. Any chance you are Emma or Jacob? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 16” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 16, 2008. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 229th day of 2008
- Day of week: Saturday
- Day of week birthstone: Turquoise
- Week index: 33rd Saturday of 2008
- Next same calendar year: 2036
- Day of week this year: Monday
- Day of week next year: Tuesday
- Day of week in 2023: Wednesday
- Days until next birthday: 332 days
- Age on next birthday: 14 years old
- Days since birth: 4,781 days
- Days spent sleeping: 1,594 days
- Years spent sleeping: 4.36 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 162
- Next full moon: September 20 at 23:56:00 GMT – Monday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 24, 2040
- Age in dog years: 88 dog years old using a Bracco Italiano breed
- Life path number and meaning: 7 – It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Rat
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: January 5, 1994 (+192)
- Worst compatible birthday: August 6, 2001 (-159)
- 2008 world population: 6,709,049,780
- Number one song: I Kissed a Girl by Katy Perry (August 16, 2008)
- Babies born in 2008: 137,464,471
- Babies born in 2008 every day: 375,586
- Babies born in 2008 every minute: 261
- Popular girl’s name: Emma – 18,809 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Jacob – 22,591 babies
- Roman numerals: XVI.VIII.MMVIII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: August 27, 1926 – Pat Coombs, English actress (d. 2002); September 17, 1991 – Minako Kotobuki, Japanese voice actress and singer (Sphere); June 29, 1987 – Yasuka Saitō, Japanese actor.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,063