Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of August 1939 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
August 17, 1939 was a Thursday and it was the 229th day of the year 1939. It was the 33rd Thursday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1939 calendar will be in 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Tuesday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Thursday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 23 days left before your next birthday. You will be 82 years old when that day comes. There have been 29,928 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 9,976 days or 27.31 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 1,014 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on August 22 at 12:03:00 GMT – Sunday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 25, 1971.
If a dog named Spinella - a Pug breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 344 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Spinella will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Spinella will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1929Jimmy Donley
- 1930Harve Bennett
- 1937Spiros Focás
- 1939Anthony Valentine
- 1939Luther Allison
- 1942Muslim Magomayev
- 1951Elba Ramalho
- 1969Donnie Wahlberg
- 1974Giuliana Rancic
- 1993Cinta Laura
View the complete list of August 17 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 17.
- 1556Alexander Briant, English martyr and saint (d. 1581)
- 1918Ike Quebec, American saxophonist and pianist (d. 1963)
- 1919Georgia Gibbs, American singer (d. 2006)
- 1942Khagen Mahanta, Indian singer (d. 2014)
- 1960Sean Penn, American actor and director
- 1974Nicola Kraus, American author
- 1977Tarja Turunen, Finnish singer-songwriter and producer (Nightwish)
- 1979Antwaan Randle El, American football player and journalist
- 1980Keith Dabengwa, Zimbabwean cricketer
- 1992Paige, English wrestler
View the complete list of August 17 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Frank’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 986Byzantine–Bulgarian wars: Battle of the Gates of Trajan: The Bulgarians under the Comitopuli Samuel and Aron defeat the Byzantine forces at the Gates of Trajan, with Byzantine Emperor Basil II barely escaping.
- 1186Georgenberg Pact: Ottokar IV, Duke of Styria and Leopold V, Duke of Austria sign a heritage agreement in which Ottokar gives his duchy to Leopold and to his son Frederick under the stipulation that Austria and Styria would henceforth remain undivided.
- 1611Gaspar de Borja y Velasco is made a cardinal by Pope Paul V.
- 1717Austro-Turkish War of 1716–18: The month-long Siege of Belgrade ends with Prince Eugene of Savoy’s Austrian troops capturing the city from the Ottoman Empire.
- 1807Robert Fulton’s North River Steamboat leaves New York, New York, for Albany, New York, on the Hudson River, inaugurating the first commercial steamboat service in the world.
- 1907Pike Place Market, a popular tourist destination and registered historic district in Seattle, opened.
- 1915Jewish American Leo Frank is lynched for the alleged murder of a 13-year-old girl in Marietta, Georgia, United States.
- 1991Strathfield massacre: In Sydney, Australia, taxi driver Wade Frankum shoots seven people and injures six others before turning the gun on himself.
- 2004The National Assembly of Serbia unanimously adopts new state symbols for Serbia: Bože pravde becomes the new anthem and the coat of arms is adopted for the whole country.
- 2005Over 500 bombs are set off by terrorists at 300 locations in 63 out of the 64 districts of Bangladesh
View the complete list of August 17 historical events.
Curious about this Glazed Green Prairie? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 17, and 1939 reveal that your Life Path number is 11. It is a master number that represents intuition, idealism and invention. You have the potential to be a source of inspiration and illumination for people.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Asaka Seto, Geneva Cruz, Suho, Vladimir Vysotsky, Hideya Tawada, Dion DiMucci, Tempestt Bledsoe, Luiz Gonzaga, Andi Muise, Nancy Wilson.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 17 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Rabbit is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on August 17, 1939.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Thursday’ is sapphire.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 17th August 1939 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on November 14, 1931. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +136. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on October 27, 1954. Your score is -139. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Western Australia approximately on 1150. Your profession was teacher, mathematician, geologist.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Inquisitive, inventive, liked to get to the very bottom of things and to rummage in books. Talent for drama, natural born actor.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: There is the invisible connection between material and spiritual world. Your lesson – to search, to find and to use this bridge.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 54,903 baby girls. For the boys it’s Robert. This name was recorded 59,645 times in the year 1939. Any chance you are Mary or Robert? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 17” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 17, 1939. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 229th day of 1939
- Day of week: Thursday
- Day of week birthstone: Sapphire
- Week index: 33rd Thursday of 1939
- Next same calendar year: 2023
- Day of week this year: Tuesday
- Day of week next year: Wednesday
- Day of week in 2023: Thursday
- Days until next birthday: 23 days
- Age on next birthday: 82 years old
- Days since birth: 29,928 days
- Days spent sleeping: 9,976 days
- Years spent sleeping: 27.31 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 1,014
- Next full moon: August 22 at 12:03:00 GMT – Sunday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 25, 1971
- Age in dog years: 344 dog years old using a Pug breed
- Life path number and meaning: 11 – It is a master number that represents intuition, idealism and invention. You have the potential to be a source of inspiration and illumination for people.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Rabbit
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: November 14, 1931 (+136)
- Worst compatible birthday: October 27, 1954 (-139)
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 54,903 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Robert – 59,645 babies
- Roman numerals: XVII.VIII.MCMXXXIX
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: December 9, 1972 – Annalise Braakensiek, Australian model, actress, and TV presenter; September 12, 1954 – Peeter Volkonski, Estonian singer-songwriter and actor (Propeller); December 3, 1927 – Andy Williams, American singer and actor (The Williams Brothers) (d. 2012).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,992