Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of August 1971 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 11 minutes. Enjoy!
August 17, 1971 was a Tuesday and it was the 229th day of the year 1971. It was the 33rd Tuesday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1971 calendar will be in 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Tuesday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Thursday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 125 days left before your next birthday. You will be 50 years old when that day comes. There have been 18,138 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 6,046 days or 16.55 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 614 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on April 27 at 03:34:00 GMT – Tuesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 25, 2003.
If a dog named Jacqueline - a Puli breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 240 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Jacqueline will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Jacqueline will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1926George Melly
- 1937Spiros Focás
- 1943Dave "Snaker" Ray
- 1948Rod MacDonald
- 1957Laurence Overmire
- 1962John Marshall Jones
- 1971Ed Motta
- 1989Frederick Lau
- 1991Qory Sandioriva
View the complete list of August 17 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 17.
- 1556Alexander Briant, English martyr and saint (d. 1581)
- 1866Julia Marlowe, English-American actress (d. 1950)
- 1913Rudy York, American baseball player and manager (d. 1970)
- 1926Valerie Eliot, English businesswoman (d. 2012)
- 1928T. J. Anderson, American composer, conductor, and educator
- 1929Jimmy Donley, American singer-songwriter (d. 1963)
- 1962John Marshall Jones, American actor, director, and producer
- 1971Uhm Jung-hwa, South Korean singer and actress
- 1972Habibul Bashar, Bangladeshi cricketer
- 1979Marcus Patric, English actor
View the complete list of August 17 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Skyler’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 986Byzantine–Bulgarian wars: Battle of the Gates of Trajan: The Bulgarians under the Comitopuli Samuel and Aron defeat the Byzantine forces at the Gates of Trajan, with Byzantine Emperor Basil II barely escaping.
- 1908Fantasmagorie, the first animated cartoon, created by Émile Cohl, is shown in Paris, France.
- 1942World War II: U.S. Marines raid the Japanese-held Pacific island of Makin (Butaritari).
- 1969Category 5 Hurricane Camille hits the U.S. Gulf Coast, killing 256 and causing $1.42 billion in damage.
- 1970Venera program: Venera 7 launched. It will later become the first spacecraft to successfully transmit data from the surface of another planet (Venus).
- 1978Double Eagle II becomes first balloon to cross the Atlantic Ocean when it lands in Miserey, France near Paris, 137 hours after leaving Presque Isle, Maine.
- 1980Azaria Chamberlain disappears, at Ayers Rock, Northern Territory, probably taken by a dingo, leading to what was then the most publicized trial in Australian history.
- 1999A 7.4-magnitude earthquake strikes İzmit, Turkey, killing more than 17,000 and injuring 44,000.
- 2002The Act of Entrusting the World to the Divine Mercy and consecration of the sanctuary in Kraków-Łagiewniki by John Paul II.
- 2009An accident at the Sayano–Shushenskaya Dam in Khakassia, Russia, kills 75 and shuts down the hydroelectric power station, leading to widespread power failure in the local area.
View the complete list of August 17 historical events.
Curious about this Yellow Buttercream? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 17, and 1971 reveal that your Life Path number is 7. It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Mitch Grassi, Aras Bulut İynemli, Charlie Day, Teresa De Sio, Shannen Doherty, Dizzy Reed, Peggy Ryan, Lisa Fonssagrives, Naveen Andrews, Kate Ashfield.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 17 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Metal is the Eastern element of a person born on August 17, 1971.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Tuesday’ is ruby.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 17th August 1971 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on September 5, 1996. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +132. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on February 16, 1986. Your score is -186. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 3,790,326,948. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was How Can You Mend a Broken Heart by Bee Gees as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 21, 1971). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Central India approximately on 1275. Your profession was preacher, publisher, scribbler of ancient inscriptions.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Timid, constrained, quiet person. You had creative talents, waited until that life to be liberated. Sometimes environment considered you strange.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your main task – to make the world more beautiful. Physical and spiritual deserts are just waiting for your touch. Keep smiling!
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 121,818,445 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1971. The estimated number of babies born on 17th August 1971 is 333,749. That’s equivalent to 232 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 56,784 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 77,591 times in the year 1971. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 17” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 17, 1971. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 229th day of 1971
- Day of week: Tuesday
- Day of week birthstone: Ruby
- Week index: 33rd Tuesday of 1971
- Next same calendar year: 2021
- Day of week this year: Tuesday
- Day of week next year: Wednesday
- Day of week in 2023: Thursday
- Days until next birthday: 125 days
- Age on next birthday: 50 years old
- Days since birth: 18,138 days
- Days spent sleeping: 6,046 days
- Years spent sleeping: 16.55 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 614
- Next full moon: April 27 at 03:34:00 GMT – Tuesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 25, 2003
- Age in dog years: 240 dog years old using a Puli breed
- Life path number and meaning: 7 – It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Pig
- Eastern zodiac element: Metal
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: September 5, 1996 (+132)
- Worst compatible birthday: February 16, 1986 (-186)
- 1971 world population: 3,790,326,948
- Number one song: How Can You Mend a Broken Heart by Bee Gees (August 21, 1971)
- Babies born in 1971: 121,818,445
- Babies born in 1971 every day: 333,749
- Babies born in 1971 every minute: 232
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 56,784 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 77,591 babies
- Roman numerals: XVII.VIII.MCMLXXI
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: December 9, 1925 – Dina Merrill, American actress and businesswoman; February 19, 1934 – Pierre Barouh, French singer-songwriter and actor; May 14, 1926 – Eric Morecambe, English actor and singer (d. 1984).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,117