Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of August 2008 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
August 17, 2008 was a Sunday and it was the 230th day of the year 2008. It was the 33rd Sunday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 2008 calendar will be in 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Saturday. Next year it will be Monday and two years from now it will be Tuesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 175 days left before your next birthday. You will be 11 years old when that day comes. There have been 3,842 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 1,281 days or 3.51 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 130 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on March 21 at 01:44:00 GMT – Thursday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) will happen sometime on April 25, 2040.
If a dog named Sempi - a Havanese breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 60 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Sempi will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Sempi will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1889Lalla Carlsen
- 1947Gary Talley
- 1951Elba Ramalho
- 1951Robert Joy
- 1960Sean Penn
- 1978Ebon Moss-Bachrach
- 1979Marcus Patric
- 1980Lene Marlin
- 1988Bianca Collins
- 1988Brady Corbet
View the complete list of August 17 celebrity birthdays.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 17.
- 1878Reggie Duff, Australian cricketer (d. 1911)
- 1920Maureen O'Hara, Irish-American actress and singer (d. 2015)
- 1930Ted Hughes, English poet, author, and playwright (d. 1998)
- 1940Eduardo Mignogna, Argentinian director and screenwriter (d. 2006)
- 1942Shane Porteous, Australian actor, animator, and screenwriter
- 1947Gary Talley, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Box Tops)
- 1955Richard Hilton, American businessman
- 1961Larry B. Scott, American actor, director, and producer
- 1978Jelena Karleuša, Serbian singer and dancer
- 1981Kristin Adams, American singer and television host
View the complete list of August 17 famous birthdays.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1668An earthquake with a magnitude of 8.0 on the Richter magnitude scale causes 8,000 deaths in Anatolia, Ottoman Empire.
- 1807Robert Fulton’s North River Steamboat leaves New York, New York, for Albany, New York, on the Hudson River, inaugurating the first commercial steamboat service in the world.
- 1862American Indian Wars: The Dakota War of 1862 begins in Minnesota as Lakota warriors attack white settlements along the Minnesota River.
- 1908Fantasmagorie, the first animated cartoon, created by Émile Cohl, is shown in Paris, France.
- 1943World War II: The Royal Air Force begins Operation Hydra, the first air raid of the Operation Crossbow strategic bombing campaign against Germany’s V-weapon program.
- 1969Category 5 Hurricane Camille hits the U.S. Gulf Coast, killing 256 and causing $1.42 billion in damage.
- 1977The Soviet icebreaker Arktika becomes the first surface ship to reach the North Pole.
- 1991Strathfield massacre: In Sydney, Australia, taxi driver Wade Frankum shoots seven people and injures six others before turning the gun on himself.
- 2005Over 500 bombs are set off by terrorists at 300 locations in 63 out of the 64 districts of Bangladesh
- 2015A bomb explodes near the Erawan Shrine in Bangkok, Thailand, killing at least 19 people and injuring 123 others.
View the complete list of August 17 historical events.
Curious about this Grape Jelly Bear? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 17, and 2008 reveal that your Life Path number is 8. It represents experience, authority and endeavour. You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Alexis Bledel, Laura Michelle Kelly, Carl Wilson, Stepfanie Kramer, Angie Dickinson, Gary Lightbody, Anthony Zerbe, Edmundo Rivero, Carey Bell, Oliver Stone.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 17 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Rat is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on August 17, 2008.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Sunday’ is topaz.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 17th August 2008 is Poppy for preparedness.
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 6,709,049,780. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Disturbia by Rihanna as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 23, 2008). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Philippines approximately on 1100. Your profession was builder of houses, temples, cathedrals.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Ruthless character, carefully weighing your decisions in critical situations, with excellent self-control and strong will. Generally liked, but not always loved.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to combat violence and disharmony in our world, to understand its roots and origins. All global problems have similar origins.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 137,464,471 babies were born throughout the world in the year 2008. The estimated number of babies born on 17th August 2008 is 375,586. That’s equivalent to 261 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Emma. This name was given to 18,809 baby girls. For the boys it’s Jacob. This name was recorded 22,591 times in the year 2008. Any chance you are Emma or Jacob? (Source: ssa.gov)
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 17, 2008. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 230th day of 2008
- Day of week: Sunday
- Day of week birthstone: Topaz
- Week index: 33rd Sunday of 2008
- Next same calendar year: 2036
- Day of week this year: Saturday
- Day of week next year: Monday
- Day of week in 2021: Tuesday
- Days until next birthday: 175 days
- Age on next birthday: 11 years old
- Days since birth: 3,842 days
- Days spent sleeping: 1,281 days
- Years spent sleeping: 3.51 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 130
- Next full moon: March 21 at 01:44:00 GMT – Thursday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 25, 2040
- Age in dog years: 60 dog years old using a Havanese breed
- Life path number and meaning: 8 – It represents experience, authority and endeavour. You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Rat
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- 2008 world population: 6,709,049,780
- Number one song: Disturbia by Rihanna (August 23, 2008)
- Babies born in 2008: 137,464,471
- Babies born in 2008 every day: 375,586
- Babies born in 2008 every minute: 261
- Popular girl’s name: Emma – 18,809 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Jacob – 22,591 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: April 12, 1948 – Jeremy Beadle, English television host and producer (d. 2008); July 1, 1976 – Kellie Bright, English actress and singer; September 5, 1946 – Freddie Mercury, Tanzanian-English singer-songwriter and producer (Queen and Ibex) (d. 1991).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,793