Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 2nd of August 1980 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
August 2, 1980 was a Saturday and it was the 215th day of the year 1980. It was the 31st Saturday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1980 calendar will be in 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Sunday. Next year it will be Monday and two years from now it will be Tuesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 188 days left before your next birthday. You will be 40 years old when that day comes. There have been 14,422 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 4,807 days or 13.16 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 488 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on February 9 at 07:35:00 GMT – Sunday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 10, 2012.
If a dog named Baz - a Sealyham Terrier breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 176 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Baz will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Baz will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1905Myrna Loy
- 1911Ann Dvorak
- 1912Palle Huld
- 1937Garth Hudson
- 1943Max Wright
- 1956Isabel Pantoja
- 1957Mojo Nixon
- 1961Pete de Freitas
- 1967Aline Brosh McKenna
View the complete list of August 2 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 2.
- 1867Ernest Dowson, English author and poet (d. 1900)
- 1900Holling C. Holling, American author and illustrator (d. 1973)
- 1943Rose Tremain, English author and academic
- 1947Lawrence Wright, American journalist, author, and screenwriter
- 1950Jussi Adler-Olsen, Danish author and publisher
- 1951Per Westerberg, Swedish businessman and politician, Speaker of the Parliament of Sweden
- 1971Michael Hughes, Irish footballer and manager
- 1972Daniele Nardello, Italian cyclist
- 1980Uğur Rıfat Karlova, Turkish comedian and actor
- 1992Hallie Eisenberg, American actress
View the complete list of August 2 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Carla’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 216 BCSecond Punic War: Battle of Cannae: The Carthaginian army led by Hannibal defeats a numerically superior Roman army under command of consuls Lucius Aemilius Paullus and Gaius Terentius Varro.
- 1776The signing of the United States Declaration of Independence took place.
- 1798French Revolutionary Wars: The Battle of the Nile concludes in a British victory.
- 1873The Clay Street Hill Railroad begins operating the first cable car in San Francisco’s famous cable car system.
- 1918Japan announces that it is deploying troops to Siberia in the aftermath of World War I.
- 1922A typhoon hits Shantou, Republic of China killing more than 50,000 people.
- 1943World War II: The Motor Torpedo Boat PT-109 is rammed by the Japanese destroyer Amagiri and sinks. Lt. John F. Kennedy, future U.S. President, saves all but two of his crew.
- 1944World War II: The largest trade convoy of the world wars arrives safely in the Western Approaches.
- 1945World War II: End of the Potsdam Conference.
- 1968An earthquake hits Casiguran, Aurora, Philippines killing more than 270 people and wounding 261.
View the complete list of August 2 historical events.
Curious about this Coconut Butter Ball? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 2, and 1980 reveal that your Life Path number is 1. It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Chris Brown, John Power, Andrew Paul, Fred Meyers, Paul Reiser, Gisela Valcárcel, Joaquín Sabina, D. Boon, Ryuji Sainei, Matt Berry.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 2 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Monkey is the mythical animal and Metal is the Eastern element of a person born on August 2, 1980.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 2nd August 1980 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on August 12, 1955. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +112. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on March 14, 1958. Your score is -120. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,451,362,735. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Magic by Olivia Newton-John as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 2, 1980). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Quebeck approximately on 1350. Your profession was builder of roads, bridges, docks.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You are a person with huge energy, good in planning and supervising. If you were just garbage-man, you were chief garbage-man.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You are bound to solve problems regarding pollution of environment, recycling, misuse of raw materials, elimination of radioactivity by all means including psychological methods.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 125,148,676 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1980. The estimated number of babies born on 2nd August 1980 is 341,936. That’s equivalent to 237 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 58,376 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 68,693 times in the year 1980. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 2” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 2, 1980. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 215th day of 1980
- Day of week: Saturday
- Day of week birthstone: Turquoise
- Week index: 31st Saturday of 1980
- Next same calendar year: 2036
- Day of week this year: Sunday
- Day of week next year: Monday
- Day of week in 2022: Tuesday
- Days until next birthday: 188 days
- Age on next birthday: 40 years old
- Days since birth: 14,422 days
- Days spent sleeping: 4,807 days
- Years spent sleeping: 13.16 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 488
- Next full moon: February 9 at 07:35:00 GMT – Sunday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 10, 2012
- Age in dog years: 176 dog years old using a Sealyham Terrier breed
- Life path number and meaning: 1 – It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Monkey
- Eastern zodiac element: Metal
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: August 12, 1955 (+112)
- Worst compatible birthday: March 14, 1958 (-120)
- 1980 world population: 4,451,362,735
- Number one song: Magic by Olivia Newton-John (August 2, 1980)
- Babies born in 1980: 125,148,676
- Babies born in 1980 every day: 341,936
- Babies born in 1980 every minute: 237
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 58,376 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 68,693 babies
- Roman numerals: II.VIII.MCMLXXX
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: December 30, 1969 – Jay Kay, English singer-songwriter (Jamiroquai); September 30, 1970 – Tony Hale, American actor and producer; July 2, 1975 – Erik Ohlsson, Swedish singer and guitarist (Millencolin).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,030