Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 2nd of August 1980 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
August 2, 1980 was a Saturday and it was the 215th day of the year 1980. It was the 31st Saturday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1980 calendar will be in 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Monday. Next year it will be Tuesday and two years from now it will be Wednesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 39 days left before your next birthday. You will be 41 years old when that day comes. There have been 14,936 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 4,979 days or 13.63 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 505 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on June 24 at 18:42:00 GMT – Thursday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 10, 2012.
If a dog named Taysha - a Bolognese breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 180 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Taysha will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Taysha will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1905Myrna Loy
- 1915Gary Merrill
- 1935Betty Brosmer
- 1937Garth Hudson
- 1941Doris Coley
- 1943Julia Foster
- 1951Andrew Gold
- 1953Donnie Munro
- 1955Tim Dunigan
- 1961Pete de Freitas
View the complete list of August 2 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 2.
- 1612Saskia van Uylenburgh, Dutch model (d. 1642)
- 1672Johann Jakob Scheuchzer, Swiss paleontologist and scholar (d. 1733)
- 1914Félix Leclerc, Canadian singer-songwriter, actor, and poet (d. 1988)
- 1948Dennis Prager, American radio host and author
- 1955Caleb Carr, American historian and author
- 1985Stephen Ferris, Irish rugby player
- 1987Yura Movsisyan, Armenian footballer
- 1990Ima Bohush, Belarusian tennis player
- 1990Skylar Diggins, American basketball player
- 1991Skyler Day, American actress and singer
View the complete list of August 2 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Geneva’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 461Majorian is arrested near Tortona (Northern Italy) and deposed by the Suebian general Ricimer as puppet emperor.
- 1274Edward I of England returns from the Ninth Crusade and is crowned King seventeen days later.
- 1776The signing of the United States Declaration of Independence took place.
- 1830Charles X of France abdicates the throne in favor of his grandson Henri.
- 1916World War I: Austrian sabotage causes the sinking of the Italian battleship Leonardo da Vinci in Taranto.
- 1918Japan announces that it is deploying troops to Siberia in the aftermath of World War I.
- 1918The first general strike in Canadian history takes place in Vancouver.
- 1943World War II: The Motor Torpedo Boat PT-109 is rammed by the Japanese destroyer Amagiri and sinks. Lt. John F. Kennedy, future U.S. President, saves all but two of his crew.
- 1944ASNOM: Birth of the Socialist Republic of Macedonia, celebrated as Day of the Republic in the Republic of Macedonia.
- 1964Vietnam War: Gulf of Tonkin incident: North Vietnamese gunboats allegedly fire on the U.S. destroyer USS Maddox.
View the complete list of August 2 historical events.
Curious about this Black Cookie Sandwich? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 2, and 1980 reveal that your Life Path number is 1. It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Little Walter, Tiana Benjamin, Julia Marlowe, Nichelle Nichols, Jerry Vale, Noah Baumbach, María Eugenia Larraín, Alejandro Fernández, Mark Donovan, Sophie Lawrence.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 2 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Monkey is the mythical animal and Metal is the Eastern element of a person born on August 2, 1980.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 2nd August 1980 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on August 12, 1955. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +112. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on March 14, 1958. Your score is -120. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,451,362,735. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Magic by Olivia Newton-John as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 2, 1980). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Quebeck approximately on 1350. Your profession was builder of roads, bridges, docks.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You are a person with huge energy, good in planning and supervising. If you were just garbage-man, you were chief garbage-man.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You are bound to solve problems regarding pollution of environment, recycling, misuse of raw materials, elimination of radioactivity by all means including psychological methods.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 125,148,676 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1980. The estimated number of babies born on 2nd August 1980 is 341,936. That’s equivalent to 237 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 58,376 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 68,693 times in the year 1980. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 2” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 2, 1980. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 215th day of 1980
- Day of week: Saturday
- Day of week birthstone: Turquoise
- Week index: 31st Saturday of 1980
- Next same calendar year: 2036
- Day of week this year: Monday
- Day of week next year: Tuesday
- Day of week in 2023: Wednesday
- Days until next birthday: 39 days
- Age on next birthday: 41 years old
- Days since birth: 14,936 days
- Days spent sleeping: 4,979 days
- Years spent sleeping: 13.63 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 505
- Next full moon: June 24 at 18:42:00 GMT – Thursday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 10, 2012
- Age in dog years: 180 dog years old using a Bolognese breed
- Life path number and meaning: 1 – It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Monkey
- Eastern zodiac element: Metal
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: August 12, 1955 (+112)
- Worst compatible birthday: March 14, 1958 (-120)
- 1980 world population: 4,451,362,735
- Number one song: Magic by Olivia Newton-John (August 2, 1980)
- Babies born in 1980: 125,148,676
- Babies born in 1980 every day: 341,936
- Babies born in 1980 every minute: 237
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 58,376 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 68,693 babies
- Roman numerals: II.VIII.MCMLXXX
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: August 21, 1950 – Patrick Juvet, Swiss singer-songwriter and model; October 2, 1951 – Sting, English singer-songwriter, bass player, and actor (The Police); June 14, 1947 – Barry Melton, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Country Joe and the Fish and The Dinosaurs).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,028