Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 20th of August 1937 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
August 20, 1937 was a Friday and it was the 232nd day of the year 1937. It was the 34th Friday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1937 calendar will be in 2027. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Sunday. Next year it will be Tuesday and two years from now it will be Wednesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 256 days left before your next birthday. You will be 87 years old when that day comes. There have been 31,521 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 10,507 days or 28.77 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 1,068 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on December 27 at 00:35:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 28, 1969.
If a dog named Neil - a Kuvasz breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 441 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Neil will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Neil will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters YCNWAIAIR? Check your answers here: Unscramble words YCNWAIAIR. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1934Armi Kuusela
- 1937Andrei Konchalovsky
- 1937El Fary
- 1952John Hiatt
- 1954Tawn Mastrey
- 1955Danny Murphy
- 1970Fred Durst
- 1983Lance Broadway
- 1988Sarah R, Lotfi
- 1995Liana Liberato
View the complete list of August 20 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 20.
- 1974Adam Korol, Polish rower
- 1976Chris Drury, American ice hockey player
- 1979Cory Sullivan, American baseball player
- 1982Aleksandr Amisulashvili, Georgian footballer
- 1983Hamza Abdullah, American football player
- 1984Ingrid Lukas, Estonian-Swiss singer-songwriter and pianist
- 1984Jamie Hoffmann, American baseball player
- 1986Steven Campbell, Australian footballer
- 1988Ferhat Pehlivan, Turkish boxer
- 1990Ranomi Kromowidjojo, Dutch swimmer
View the complete list of August 20 famous birthdays.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1391Konrad von Wallenrode becomes the 24th Grand Master of the Teutonic Order.
- 1519Philosopher and general Wang Yangming defeats Zhu Chenhao, ending the Prince of Ning rebellion against the reign of the Ming dynasty’s Zhengde Emperor.
- 1672Former Grand Pensionary Johan de Witt and his brother Cornelis are brutally murdered by an angry mob in The Hague.
- 1794Battle of Fallen Timbers: American troops force a confederacy of Shawnee, Mingo, Delaware, Wyandot, Miami, Ottawa, Chippewa, and Potawatomi warriors into a disorganized retreat.
- 1858Charles Darwin first publishes his theory of evolution through natural selection in The Journal of the Proceedings of the Linnean Society of London, alongside Alfred Russel Wallace’s same theory.
- 1940In Mexico City, Mexico exiled Russian revolutionary Leon Trotsky is fatally wounded with an ice axe by Ramón Mercader. He dies the next day.
- 1988The Troubles: Eight British soldiers are killed and 28 wounded when their bus is hit by an IRA roadside bomb in Ballygawley, County Tyrone.
- 1997Souhane massacre in Algeria; over 60 people are killed and 15 kidnapped.
- 1998The Supreme Court of Canada rules that Quebec cannot legally secede from Canada without the federal government’s approval.
- 2012A prison riot in the Venezuelan capital, Caracas, kills at least 20 people.
View the complete list of August 20 historical events.
Curious about this Green Drizzle Calvus? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 20, and 1937 reveal that your Life Path number is 3. It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Ossie Davis, Kaneto Shiozawa, Marguerite Nichols, Gary Anthony Williams, Tim Christensen, Peter Fonda, Nic Cester, Saaya Irie, J. Alexander, DJ Mustard.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 20 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Fire is the Eastern element of a person born on August 20, 1937.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Friday’ is emerald.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 20th August 1937 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on May 9, 1967. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +177. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on April 8, 1920. Your score is -134. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Central India approximately on 1275. Your profession was preacher, publisher, scribbler of ancient inscriptions.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Timid, constrained, quiet person. You had creative talents, waited until that life to be liberated. Sometimes environment considered you strange.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your main task – to make the world more beautiful. Physical and spiritual deserts are just waiting for your touch. Keep smiling!
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 55,642 baby girls. For the boys it’s Robert. This name was recorded 61,829 times in the year 1937. Any chance you are Mary or Robert? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 20” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 20, 1937. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 232nd day of 1937
- Day of week: Friday
- Day of week birthstone: Emerald
- Week index: 34th Friday of 1937
- Next same calendar year: 2027
- Day of week this year: Sunday
- Day of week next year: Tuesday
- Day of week in 2025: Wednesday
- Days until next birthday: 256 days
- Age on next birthday: 87 years old
- Days since birth: 31,521 days
- Days spent sleeping: 10,507 days
- Years spent sleeping: 28.77 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 1,068
- Next full moon: December 27 at 00:35:00 GMT – Wednesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 28, 1969
- Age in dog years: 441 dog years old using a Kuvasz breed
- Life path number and meaning: 3 – It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Ox
- Eastern zodiac element: Fire
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: May 9, 1967 (+177)
- Worst compatible birthday: April 8, 1920 (-134)
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 55,642 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Robert – 61,829 babies
- Roman numerals: XX.VIII.MCMXXXVII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: May 28, 1964 – Zsa Zsa Padilla, Filipino singer and actress (Hotdog); November 12, 1922 – Kim Hunter, American actress (d. 2002); April 4, 1982 – Kett Turton, American-Canadian actor.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,898