Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 22nd of August 1979 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 11 minutes. Enjoy!
August 22, 1979 was a Wednesday and it was the 234th day of the year 1979. It was the 34th Wednesday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1979 calendar will be in 2029. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Sunday. Next year it will be Monday and two years from now it will be Tuesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 219 days left before your next birthday. You will be 42 years old when that day comes. There have been 15,122 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 5,041 days or 13.80 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 512 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on January 28 at 19:17:00 GMT – Thursday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 30, 2011.
If a dog named Dietrich - a Gordon Setter breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 204 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Dietrich will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Dietrich will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1909Julius J. Epstein
- 1922Micheline Presle
- 1945David Chase
- 1964Tom Gibis
- 1967Layne Staley
- 1970George Canyon
- 1973Sornram Teppitak
- 1979Angelu de Leon
- 1979Brandon Adams
- 1982Rodrigo Nehme
View the complete list of August 22 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 22.
- 1624Jean Regnault de Segrais, French author and poet (d. 1701)
- 1908Henri Cartier-Bresson, French photographer and painter (d. 2004)
- 1909Mel Hein, American football player and coach (d. 1992)
- 1914Jack Dunphy, American author and playwright (d. 1992)
- 1932Gabriele Tinti, Italian actor (d. 1991)
- 1939Valerie Harper, American actress and singer
- 1950Scooter Libby, American lawyer and politician, Chief of Staff to the Vice President of the United States
- 1964Andrew Wilson, American actor and director
- 1974Jenna Leigh Green, American actress and singer
- 1990Randall Cobb, American football player
View the complete list of August 22 famous birthdays.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters KSEOOSWDVOYUN? Check your answers here: Unscramble words KSEOOSWDVOYUN. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 565Columba reports seeing a monster in Loch Ness, Scotland.
- 1639Madras (now Chennai), India, is founded by the British East India Company on a sliver of land bought from local Nayak rulers.
- 1654Jacob Barsimson arrives in New Amsterdam. He is the first known Jewish immigrant to America.
- 1777American Revolutionary War: British forces abandon the Siege of Fort Stanwix after hearing rumors of Continental Army reinforcements.
- 1827José de la Mar becomes President of Peru.
- 1932The BBC first experiments with television broadcasting. (See also Timeline of the BBC.)
- 1944World War II: Holocaust of Kedros in Crete by German forces
- 1961Ida Siekmann dies attempting to cross the Berlin Wall.
- 1978The Sandinista National Liberation Front (FLSN) occupies national palace in Nicaragua.
- 2003Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore is suspended after refusing to comply with a federal court order to remove a rock inscribed with the Ten Commandments from the lobby of the Alabama Supreme Court building.
View the complete list of August 22 historical events.
Curious about this Choco Drizzle Stratus? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 22, and 1979 reveal that your Life Path number is 11. It is a master number that represents intuition, idealism and invention. You have the potential to be a source of inspiration and illumination for people.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Vic Tayback, Sue Perkins, Jackie Cain, Andi Muise, Spiller, Jack White, Felicia Atkins, Lou Rawls, Michael Schoeffling, Naturi Naughton.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 22 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Sheep is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on August 22, 1979.
Did you know? Born on a cusp — or the borderline between two signs — describes a person whose birthday is August 22. Cuspers can be a blend of both signs. Sometimes a Leo, sometimes a Virgo, and sometimes both! If you know your approximate time and place of birth, then no worries. You can find your “official” zodiac sign by generating a free natal chart .
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Wednesday’ is amethyst.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 22nd August 1979 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on September 22, 1975. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +152. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on December 31, 2000. Your score is -137. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,379,013,942. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was My Sharona by The Knack as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 25, 1979). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Northern Canada approximately on 1350. Your profession was banker, usurer, moneylender, judge.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Bohemian personality, mysterious, highly gifted, capable of understanding ancient books. Magical abilities, could be a servant of dark forces.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: The timid, lonely and self-confident people are everywhere, and your problem – to overcome these tendencies in yourself and then to help other people.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 123,688,258 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1979. The estimated number of babies born on 22nd August 1979 is 338,872. That’s equivalent to 235 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 56,718 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 67,733 times in the year 1979. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 22” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 22, 1979. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 234th day of 1979
- Day of week: Wednesday
- Day of week birthstone: Amethyst
- Week index: 34th Wednesday of 1979
- Next same calendar year: 2029
- Day of week this year: Sunday
- Day of week next year: Monday
- Day of week in 2023: Tuesday
- Days until next birthday: 219 days
- Age on next birthday: 42 years old
- Days since birth: 15,122 days
- Days spent sleeping: 5,041 days
- Years spent sleeping: 13.80 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 512
- Next full moon: January 28 at 19:17:00 GMT – Thursday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 30, 2011
- Age in dog years: 204 dog years old using a Gordon Setter breed
- Life path number and meaning: 11 – It is a master number that represents intuition, idealism and invention. You have the potential to be a source of inspiration and illumination for people.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Sheep
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: September 22, 1975 (+152)
- Worst compatible birthday: December 31, 2000 (-137)
- 1979 world population: 4,379,013,942
- Number one song: My Sharona by The Knack (August 25, 1979)
- Babies born in 1979: 123,688,258
- Babies born in 1979 every day: 338,872
- Babies born in 1979 every minute: 235
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 56,718 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 67,733 babies
- Roman numerals: XXII.VIII.MCMLXXIX
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: January 3, 1980 – Kurt Vile, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer; November 4, 1954 – Chris Difford, English singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Squeeze and Difford & Tilbrook); June 15, 1972 – Hank von Helvete, Norwegian singer and guitarist (Turbonegro and Doctor Midnight & The Mercy Cult).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,162