Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 23rd of August 1975 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 11 minutes. Enjoy!
August 23, 1975 was a Saturday and it was the 235th day of the year 1975. It was the 34th Saturday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1975 calendar will be in 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Monday. Next year it will be Tuesday and two years from now it will be Wednesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 59 days left before your next birthday. You will be 46 years old when that day comes. There have been 16,743 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 5,581 days or 15.28 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 567 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on July 24 at 02:39:00 GMT – Saturday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on May 1, 2007.
If a dog named Bobee - a Field Spaniel breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 200 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Bobee will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Bobee will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1912Gene Kelly
- 1941Jim Ford
- 1949Shelley Long
- 1959Edwyn Collins
- 1962Shaun Ryder
- 1967Kazumi Totaka
- 1969Geneviève Brouillette
- 1975Eliza Carthy
- 1976Scott Caan
- 1984Kristy Bruce
View the complete list of August 23 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 23.
- 1847Sarah Frances Whiting, American physicist and astronomer (d. 1927)
- 1880Alexander Grin, Russian sailor and author (d. 1932)
- 1900Ernst Krenek, Austrian-American composer and educator (d. 1991)
- 1940Galen Rowell, American mountaineer and photographer (d. 2002)
- 1946Keith Moon, English drummer, songwriter, and producer (The Who and Plastic Ono Band) (d. 1978)
- 1948Andrei Pleșu, Romanian journalist and politician, 95th Romanian Minister of Foreign Affairs
- 1956Valgerd Svarstad Haugland, Norwegian educator and politician, Norwegian Minister of Culture
- 1961Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf, Iranian commander and politician, 54th Mayor of Tehran
- 1971Demetrio Albertini, Italian footballer and manager
- 1982Scott Palguta, American soccer player
View the complete list of August 23 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Mary’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 79Mount Vesuvius begins stirring, on the feast day of Vulcan, the Roman god of fire.
- 476Odoacer, chieftain of the Germanic tribes (Herulic - Scirian foederati), is proclaimed rex Italiae (“King of Italy”) by his troops.
- 1703Edirne event: Sultan Mustafa II of the Ottoman Empire is dethroned.
- 1765Beginning of Burmese–Siamese War.
- 1904The automobile tire chain is patented.
- 1914World War I: Battle of Mons: The British Army begins withdrawal.
- 1938English cricketer Len Hutton sets a world record for the highest individual Test innings of 364, during a Test match against Australia.
- 1973A bank robbery gone wrong in Stockholm, Sweden, turns into a hostage crisis; over the next five days the hostages begin to sympathise with their captors, leading to the term “Stockholm syndrome”.
- 1985Hans Tiedge, top counter-spy of West Germany, defects to East Germany.
- 2011A magnitude 5.8 (class: moderate) earthquake occurs in Virginia. Damage occurs to monuments and structures in Washington D.C. and the resulted damage is estimated at $200 million–$300 million USD.
View the complete list of August 23 historical events.
Curious about this Cool Blue Kokoro? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 23, and 1975 reveal that your Life Path number is 8. It represents experience, authority and endeavour. You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Haywood Nelson, William Lee Golden, Robert Greenwald, Heather Peace, Clancy Eccles, Mikhail Gorsheniov, Matthew Good, Juan Luis Guerra, Blues Saraceno, Tatum O'Neal.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 23 is Virgo ♍ (The Maiden) – a mutable sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Mercury – the planet of communication. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Rabbit is the mythical animal and Wood is the Eastern element of a person born on August 23, 1975.
Did you know? Born on a cusp — or the borderline between two signs — describes a person whose birthday is August 23. Cuspers can be a blend of both signs. Sometimes a Virgo, sometimes a Leo, and sometimes both! If you know your approximate time and place of birth, then no worries. You can find your “official” zodiac sign by generating a free natal chart .
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Virgo is carnelian. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 23rd August 1975 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on May 6, 1991. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +166. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on March 1, 1995. Your score is -198. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,089,083,233. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Fallin’ in Love by Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 23, 1975). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Southern Australia approximately on 1200. Your profession was trainer, holder of the fine animals, birds, insects.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You are a person with huge energy, good in planning and supervising. If you were just garbage-man, you were chief garbage-man.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You are bound to learn to understand other people and to meet all life difficulties with joyful heart. You should help others, bringing them spirit of joy.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 121,558,022 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1975. The estimated number of babies born on 23rd August 1975 is 333,036. That’s equivalent to 231 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 58,185 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 68,454 times in the year 1975. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 23” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 23, 1975. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 235th day of 1975
- Day of week: Saturday
- Day of week birthstone: Turquoise
- Week index: 34th Saturday of 1975
- Next same calendar year: 2025
- Day of week this year: Monday
- Day of week next year: Tuesday
- Day of week in 2023: Wednesday
- Days until next birthday: 59 days
- Age on next birthday: 46 years old
- Days since birth: 16,743 days
- Days spent sleeping: 5,581 days
- Years spent sleeping: 15.28 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 567
- Next full moon: July 24 at 02:39:00 GMT – Saturday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on May 1, 2007
- Age in dog years: 200 dog years old using a Field Spaniel breed
- Life path number and meaning: 8 – It represents experience, authority and endeavour. You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth.
- Western zodiac sign: Virgo ♍ (The Maiden)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Mutable
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Mercury – the planet of communication
- Western zodiac gemstone: Carnelian
- Eastern zodiac animal: Rabbit
- Eastern zodiac element: Wood
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: May 6, 1991 (+166)
- Worst compatible birthday: March 1, 1995 (-198)
- 1975 world population: 4,089,083,233
- Number one song: Fallin’ in Love by Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds (August 23, 1975)
- Babies born in 1975: 121,558,022
- Babies born in 1975 every day: 333,036
- Babies born in 1975 every minute: 231
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 58,185 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 68,454 babies
- Roman numerals: XXIII.VIII.MCMLXXV
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: July 28, 1948 – Eiichi Ohtaki, Japanese singer-songwriter and producer (Happy End) (d. 2013); December 28, 1980 – Vanessa Ferlito, American actress; January 19, 1977 – Nicole, Chilean singer-songwriter and guitarist.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,168