Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 23rd of August 1997 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 11 minutes. Enjoy!
August 23, 1997 was a Saturday and it was the 235th day of the year 1997. It was the 34th Saturday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1997 calendar will be in 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Monday. Next year it will be Tuesday and two years from now it will be Wednesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 340 days left before your next birthday. You will be 25 years old when that day comes. There have been 8,791 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 2,930 days or 8.02 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 297 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on September 20 at 23:56:00 GMT – Monday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) will happen sometime on May 1, 2029.
If a dog named Nake - a American Eskimo Dog breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 116 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Nake will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Nake will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1922Jean Darling
- 1929Vera Miles
- 1940Richard Sanders
- 1944Saira Banu
- 1970Lee Sung-jae
- 1971Bone Crusher
- 1974Ray Park
- 1976Scott Caan
- 1984Eric Tai
View the complete list of August 23 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 23.
- 1754Louis XVI of France (d. 1793)
- 1785Oliver Hazard Perry, American commander (d. 1819)
- 1901Guy Bush, American baseball player and manager (d. 1985)
- 1912Gene Kelly, American actor, singer, and dancer (d. 1996)
- 1943Pino Presti, Italian bass player, composer, conductor, and producer
- 1951Akhmad Kadyrov, Chechen cleric and politician, 1st President of the Chechen Republic (d. 2004)
- 1961Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf, Iranian commander and politician, 54th Mayor of Tehran
- 1987Nikki Gil, Filipino actress and singer
- 1988Carl Hagelin, Swedish ice hockey player
- 1995Vlada Kubassova, Estonian footballer
View the complete list of August 23 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Dominique’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 20 BCLudi Volcanalici are held within the temple precinct of Vulcan, and used by Augustus to mark the treaty with Parthia and the return of the legionary standards that had been lost at the Battle of Carrhae in 53 BC.
- 1541French explorer Jacques Cartier lands near Quebec City in his third voyage to Canada.
- 1614Fettmilch Uprising: Jews are expelled from Frankfurt, Holy Roman Empire, following the plundering of the Judengasse.
- 1628George Villiers, the first Duke of Buckingham, is assassinated by John Felton.
- 1655Battle of Sobota: The Swedish Empire led by Charles X Gustav defeats the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth.
- 1765Beginning of Burmese–Siamese War.
- 1831Nat Turner’s slave rebellion is suppressed.
- 1839The United Kingdom captures Hong Kong as a base as it prepares for war with Qing China. The ensuing 3-year conflict will later be known as the First Opium War.
- 1944World War II: King Michael of Romania dismisses the pro-Nazi government of Marshal Antonescu, who is arrested. Romania switches sides from the Axis to the Allies.
- 1996Osama bin Laden issues message entitled 'A declaration of war against the Americans occupying the land of the two holy places.'
View the complete list of August 23 historical events.
Curious about this Duhat Sprinkle? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 23, and 1997 reveal that your Life Path number is 3. It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Pras, Fletcher Dragge, Felicity Jones, Hema Malini, Thorleif Lund, Mac Curtis, Leila Hatami, Sezen Aksu, Kayla Collins, Ghita Nørby.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 23 is Virgo ♍ (The Maiden) – a mutable sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Mercury – the planet of communication. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Fire is the Eastern element of a person born on August 23, 1997.
Did you know? Born on a cusp — or the borderline between two signs — describes a person whose birthday is August 23. Cuspers can be a blend of both signs. Sometimes a Virgo, sometimes a Leo, and sometimes both! If you know your approximate time and place of birth, then no worries. You can find your “official” zodiac sign by generating a free natal chart .
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Virgo is carnelian. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 23rd August 1997 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on September 24, 1989. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +120. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on July 18, 1976. Your score is -131. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 5,857,972,543. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was I’ll Be Missing You by Puff Daddy and Faith Evans featuring 112 as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 23, 1997). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Southern Australia approximately on 1200. Your profession was trainer, holder of the fine animals, birds, insects.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You are a person with huge energy, good in planning and supervising. If you were just garbage-man, you were chief garbage-man.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You are bound to learn to understand other people and to meet all life difficulties with joyful heart. You should help others, bringing them spirit of joy.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 130,906,795 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1997. The estimated number of babies born on 23rd August 1997 is 358,649. That’s equivalent to 249 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Emily. This name was given to 25,732 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 37,548 times in the year 1997. Any chance you are Emily or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 23” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 23, 1997. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 235th day of 1997
- Day of week: Saturday
- Day of week birthstone: Turquoise
- Week index: 34th Saturday of 1997
- Next same calendar year: 2025
- Day of week this year: Monday
- Day of week next year: Tuesday
- Day of week in 2023: Wednesday
- Days until next birthday: 340 days
- Age on next birthday: 25 years old
- Days since birth: 8,791 days
- Days spent sleeping: 2,930 days
- Years spent sleeping: 8.02 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 297
- Next full moon: September 20 at 23:56:00 GMT – Monday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on May 1, 2029
- Age in dog years: 116 dog years old using a American Eskimo Dog breed
- Life path number and meaning: 3 – It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
- Western zodiac sign: Virgo ♍ (The Maiden)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Mutable
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Mercury – the planet of communication
- Western zodiac gemstone: Carnelian
- Eastern zodiac animal: Ox
- Eastern zodiac element: Fire
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: September 24, 1989 (+120)
- Worst compatible birthday: July 18, 1976 (-131)
- 1997 world population: 5,857,972,543
- Number one song: I’ll Be Missing You by Puff Daddy and Faith Evans featuring 112 (August 23, 1997)
- Babies born in 1997: 130,906,795
- Babies born in 1997 every day: 358,649
- Babies born in 1997 every minute: 249
- Popular girl’s name: Emily – 25,732 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 37,548 babies
- Roman numerals: XXIII.VIII.MCMXCVII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: April 24, 1992 – Doc Shaw, American actor, rapper, and producer; October 2, 1960 – Al Connelly, Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Glass Tiger); January 23, 1985 – Doutzen Kroes, Dutch model and actress.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,119