Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 24th of August 1985 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
August 24, 1985 was a Saturday and it was the 236th day of the year 1985. It was the 34th Saturday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1985 calendar will be in 2030. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Tuesday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Thursday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 341 days left before your next birthday. You will be 37 years old when that day comes. There have been 13,173 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 4,391 days or 12.02 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 446 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on September 20 at 23:56:00 GMT – Monday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on May 2, 2017.
If a dog named Oscar - a Treeing Tennessee Brindle breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 182 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Oscar will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Oscar will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1905Arthur Crudup
- 1924Alyn Ainsworth
- 1934Kenny Baker
- 1945Vince McMahon
- 1960Takashi Miike
- 1973Carmine Giovinazzo
- 1973Dave Chappelle
- 1980Sonja Bennett
- 1990Juan Pedro Lanzani
View the complete list of August 24 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 24.
- 1498John, Hereditary Prince of Saxony (d. 1537)
- 1824Antonio Stoppani, Italian geologist and scholar (d. 1891)
- 1863Dragutin Lerman, Croatian explorer (d. 1918)
- 1893Haim Ernst Wertheimer, German-Israeli biochemist and academic (d. 1978)
- 1905Arthur Crudup, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 1976)
- 1913Charles Snead Houston, American physician and mountaineer (d. 2009)
- 1952John Cowan, American singer and bass player (New Grass Revival, The Sky Kings, and The Doobie Brothers)
- 1952Mike Shanahan, American football player and coach
- 1962Emile Roemer, Dutch educator and politician
- 1990Anna-Liisa Põld, Estonian-American swimmer
View the complete list of August 24 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Calvin’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 394The Graffito of Esmet-Akhom, the latest known inscription in Egyptian hieroglyphs, was written.
- 1682William Penn receives the area that is now the state of Delaware, and adds it to his colony of Pennsylvania.
- 1815The modern Constitution of the Netherlands is signed.
- 1857The Panic of 1857 begins, setting off one of the most severe economic crises in United States history.
- 1931France and the Soviet Union sign a neutrality/no attack treaty.
- 1931Resignation of the United Kingdom’s Second Labour Government. Formation of the UK National Government.
- 1932Amelia Earhart becomes the first woman to fly across the United States non-stop (from Los Angeles to Newark, New Jersey).
- 1937Spanish Civil War: Sovereign Council of Asturias and León is proclaimed in Gijón.
- 1981Mark David Chapman is sentenced to 20 years to life in prison for murdering John Lennon.
- 1989Tadeusz Mazowiecki is chosen as the first non-communist Prime Minister in Central and Eastern Europe.
View the complete list of August 24 historical events.
Curious about this Green Bubble Ball? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 24, and 1985 reveal that your Life Path number is 1. It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Grimes, Jamel Debbouze, Zoran Janjetov, Juha Tapio, Kenny Everett, Mark Russell, Matt Battaglia, Jim Peterik, Chris Barnes, Freddie Highmore.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 24 is Virgo ♍ (The Maiden) – a mutable sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Mercury – the planet of communication. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Wood is the Eastern element of a person born on August 24, 1985.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Virgo is carnelian. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 24th August 1985 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on March 31, 1976. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +179. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on May 25, 2000. Your score is -132. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,856,462,699. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was The Power of Love by Huey Lewis and the News as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 24, 1985). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Siberia approximately on 1425. Your profession was farmer, weaver, tailor.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You always liked to travel, to investigate, could have been detective or spy.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You fulfill your lesson by helping old folks and children. You came to that life to learn to care about weak and helpless.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 135,970,553 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1985. The estimated number of babies born on 24th August 1985 is 372,522. That’s equivalent to 259 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jessica. This name was given to 48,346 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 64,906 times in the year 1985. Any chance you are Jessica or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 24” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 24, 1985. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 236th day of 1985
- Day of week: Saturday
- Day of week birthstone: Turquoise
- Week index: 34th Saturday of 1985
- Next same calendar year: 2030
- Day of week this year: Tuesday
- Day of week next year: Wednesday
- Day of week in 2023: Thursday
- Days until next birthday: 341 days
- Age on next birthday: 37 years old
- Days since birth: 13,173 days
- Days spent sleeping: 4,391 days
- Years spent sleeping: 12.02 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 446
- Next full moon: September 20 at 23:56:00 GMT – Monday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on May 2, 2017
- Age in dog years: 182 dog years old using a Treeing Tennessee Brindle breed
- Life path number and meaning: 1 – It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
- Western zodiac sign: Virgo ♍ (The Maiden)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Mutable
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Mercury – the planet of communication
- Western zodiac gemstone: Carnelian
- Eastern zodiac animal: Ox
- Eastern zodiac element: Wood
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: March 31, 1976 (+179)
- Worst compatible birthday: May 25, 2000 (-132)
- 1985 world population: 4,856,462,699
- Number one song: The Power of Love by Huey Lewis and the News (August 24, 1985)
- Babies born in 1985: 135,970,553
- Babies born in 1985 every day: 372,522
- Babies born in 1985 every minute: 259
- Popular girl’s name: Jessica – 48,346 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 64,906 babies
- Roman numerals: XXIV.VIII.MCMLXXXV
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: January 1, 1983 – Thomas Morrison, English actor; July 7, 1987 – Julianna Guill, American actress; April 1, 1993 – Linnea Regnander, Swedish model.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,003