Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 5th of August 1980 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 0 minutes. Enjoy!
August 5, 1980 was a Tuesday and it was the 218th day of the year 1980. The next time you can reuse your old 1980 calendar will be in 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Saturday. Next year it will be Sunday and two years from now it will be Monday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 75 days left before your next birthday. You will be 37 years old when that day comes. There have been 13,439 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 455 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on June 9 at 13:11:00 GMT – Friday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1929Don Matheson
- 1934Vern Gosdin
- 1959Pete Burns
- 1965Scott William Winters
- 1970James Gunn
- 1975Antony Cotton
- 1976Kwon Sang-woo
- 1985Jake Hurwitz
- 1998Kanon Suzuki
- 2000Maya Bond
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 5.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 5.
- 1397Guillaume Dufay, Belgian-Italian composer and theorist (d. 1474)
- 1868Oskar Merikanto, Finnish pianist and composer (d. 1924)
- 1876Mary Ritter Beard, American historian and activist (d. 1958)
- 1877Tom Thomson, Canadian painter (d. 1917)
- 1880Gertrude Rush, American lawyer and jurist (d. 1962)
- 1934Wendell Berry, American author, poet, and farmer
- 1962Patrick Ewing, Jamaican-American basketball player and coach
- 1965Motoi Sakuraba, Japanese keyboard player and composer
- 1966Jennifer Finch, American singer, bass player, and photographer (L7 and The Shocker)
- 1989Mathieu Manset, French footballer
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 5.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 910The last major Danish army to raid England is defeated at the Battle of Tettenhall by the allied forces of Mercia and Wessex, led by King Edward the Elder and Æthelred, Lord of the Mercians.
- 1620The Mayflower departs from Southampton, England on its first attempt to reach North America.
- 1735Freedom of the press: New York Weekly Journal writer John Peter Zenger is acquitted of seditious libel against the royal governor of New York, on the basis that what he had published was true.
- 1884The cornerstone for the Statue of Liberty is laid on Bedloe’s Island (now Liberty Island) in New York Harbor.
- 1901Peter O'Connor sets the first IAAF recognised long jump world record of 24 ft. The record will stand for 20 years.
- 1926Harry Houdini performs his greatest feat, spending 91 minutes underwater in a sealed tank before escaping.
- 1944World War II: Possibly the biggest prison breakout in history occurs as 545 Japanese POWs attempt to escape outside the town of Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
- 1957American Bandstand, a show dedicated to the teenage “baby-boomers” by playing the songs and showing popular dances of the time, debuts on the ABC television network.
- 1995Yugoslav Wars: The city of Knin, Croatia, a significant Serb stronghold, is captured by Croatian forces during Operation Storm. The date is celebrated in Croatia as Victory Day.
- 2010The Copiapó mining accident occurs, trapping 33 Chilean miners approximately 2,300 ft below the ground.
View the complete list of historical events for August 5.
Curious about this Golden Creme Sandwich? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 5 and 1980 reveal that your Life Path number is 22. It is a master number that represents practical idealism and material mastery. You were born under the most powerful and potentially the most successful of all Life Path numbers.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Emily Rios, Joe Butler, Sharlto Copley, Tom Skerritt, Shaun Ryder, Eric Idle, Nigel Havers, John Partridge, Lesley Fitz-Simons, Mel Tillis.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 5 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Monkey is the mythical animal and Metal is the element of a person born on August 5, 1980.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Tuesday’ is ruby.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Magic by Olivia Newton-John as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 9, 1980). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: May 31, 1963 – Hugh Dillon, Canadian singer, producer, and actor (Headstones, Hugh Dillon Redemption Choir); January 13, 1918 – Stephen Dunne, American actor and radio host (d. 1977); April 7, 1962 – Hugh O'Connor, Italian-American actor (d. 1995).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,004