Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 6th of August 1947 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
August 6, 1947 was a Wednesday and it was the 218th day of the year 1947. The next time you can reuse your old 1947 calendar will be in 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Sunday. Next year it will be Monday and two years from now it will be Tuesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 347 days left before your next birthday. You will be 71 years old when that day comes. There have been 25,586 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 866 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on September 6 at 07:04:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get tips about your current relationship and how to improve it. Astrology reports to help you decide when to make yourself available for romantic or social activity. Get your love & romance reports or download free samples!
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1918Norman Granz
- 1938Peter Bonerz
- 1952Ton Scherpenzeel
- 1958Randy DeBarge
- 1962Marc Lavoine
- 1967Julie Snyder
- 1969Elliott Smith
- 1980Monique Ganderton
- 1982Adrianne Curry
- 1982Karl Davies
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 6.
STOP! Are you ready to solve your biggest career problem? First, you need to find out what’s preventing you to move forward in your career. Unlock your potential for success with the Career Analysis report. Get a free sample – no obligation to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 6.
- 1766William Hyde Wollaston, English chemist and physicist (d. 1828)
- 1861Edith Roosevelt, American wife of Theodore Roosevelt, 27th First Lady of the United States (d. 1948)
- 1874Charles Fort, American author (d. 1932)
- 1949Clarence Richard Silva, American bishop
- 1951Daryl Somers, Australian singer, television host, and producer
- 1956Bill Emmott, English journalist and author
- 1965Ravi Coltrane, American saxophonist
- 1967Lorna Fitzsimons, English businesswoman and politician
- 1983Annevig Schelde Ebbe, Danish actress
- 1983C. J. Mosley, American football player
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 6.
What is in store for you this year? Let these forecasts and predictions help you succeed in life. Benefit from life changing events and know when they occur. Make everyday activities easier to handle. Get your Forecast Reports or download free samples!
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1787Sixty proof sheets of the Constitution of the United States are delivered to the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 1861The United Kingdom annexes Lagos, Nigeria.
- 1890At Auburn Prison in New York, murderer William Kemmler becomes the first person to be executed by electric chair.
- 1915World War I: Battle of Sari Bair: The Allies mount a diversionary attack timed to coincide with a major Allied landing of reinforcements at Suvla Bay.
- 1926Gertrude Ederle becomes the first woman to swim across the English Channel.
- 1930Judge Joseph Force Crater steps into a taxi in New York and disappears never to be seen again.
- 1944The Warsaw Uprising occurs on August 1. It is brutally suppressed and all able-bodied men in Kraków are detained afterwards to prevent a similar uprising, the Kraków Uprising, that was planned but never carried out.
- 1976Zulfikar Ali Bhutto lays the foundation stone of Port Qasim, Karachi.
- 1996NASA announces that the ALH 84001 meteorite, thought to originate from Mars, contains evidence of primitive life-forms.
- 2008A military junta led by Mohamed Ould Abdel Aziz stages a coup d'état in Mauritania, overthrowing president Sidi Ould Cheikh Abdallahi.
View the complete list of historical events for August 6.
Curious about this Piña Colada? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 6 and 1947 reveal that your Life Path number is 8. It represents experience, authority and endeavour. You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Matt Bennett, Graham Stark, Fiona Glascott, Bae Soo-bin, Barbara Knudson, Alex Lifeson, Ann Blyth, Robert Lloyd, Rod Steiger, Titoff.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 6 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Fire is the element of a person born on August 6, 1947.
Hmmm... what do the stars have to say about you today? Get your daily Leo horoscope for free. Get a boost from the stars! Make today a great day for love, money, and career. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and even yearly format.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Wednesday’ is amethyst.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: March 31, 1933 – Anita Carter, American singer-songwriter and bassist (Carter Family and The Carter Sisters) (d. 1999); September 26, 1925 – Marty Robbins, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, actor, and race car driver (d. 1982); March 15, 1935 – Jimmy Swaggart, American pastor, singer, and television host.
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,037