Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of August 1955 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
August 8, 1955 was a Monday and it was the 220th day of the year 1955. It was the 32nd Monday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1955 calendar will be in 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Sunday. Next year it will be Monday and two years from now it will be Tuesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 160 days left before your next birthday. You will be 66 years old when that day comes. There have been 23,947 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 7,982 days or 21.85 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 811 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on March 28 at 18:50:00 GMT – Sunday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 16, 1987.
If a dog named Farleigh - a Whippet breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 312 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Farleigh will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Farleigh will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1920Jimmy Witherspoon
- 1921Esther Williams
- 1932Mel Tillis
- 1933Joe Tex
- 1947Larry Wilcox
- 1970Pascal Duquenne
- 1980Michael Urie
- 1980Mike Hindert
- 1987Pierre Boulanger
- 1988Ni Ni
View the complete list of August 8 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 8.
- 1839Nelson A. Miles, American general (d. 1925)
- 1857Cécile Chaminade, French pianist and composer (d. 1944)
- 1879Bob Smith, American physician and surgeon, co-founded Alcoholics Anonymous (d. 1950)
- 1921Esther Williams, American swimmer, actress, and singer (d. 2013)
- 1933Serena Wilson, American dancer and choreographer (d. 2007)
- 1942Dennis Canavan, Scottish educator and politician
- 1949Keith Carradine, American actor and singer
- 1965Angus Fraser, English cricketer, manager, and journalist
- 1980Jack Cassel, American baseball player
- 1986Cody Lightning, Canadian actor
View the complete list of August 8 famous birthdays.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters LAFBEAIWARW? Check your answers here: Words with these letters LAFBEAIWARW. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1576The cornerstone for Tycho Brahe’s Uraniborg observatory is laid on the island of Hven.
- 1585John Davis enters Cumberland Sound in search of the Northwest Passage.
- 1786Mont Blanc on the French – Italian border is climbed for the first time by Jacques Balmat and Dr. Michel-Gabriel Paccard.
- 1794Joseph Whidbey leads an expedition to search for the Northwest Passage near Juneau, Alaska.
- 1844The Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, headed by Brigham Young, is reaffirmed as the leading body of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church).
- 1908Wilbur Wright makes his first flight at a racecourse at Le Mans, France. It is the Wright Brothers’ first public flight.
- 1927The predecessor to the Philippine Stock Exchange opens.
- 1963The Zimbabwe African National Union (ZANU), the current ruling party of Zimbabwe, is formed by a split from the Zimbabwe African People’s Union.
- 1988The “8888 Uprising” occurs in Burma.
- 2013A suicide bombing at a funeral in the Pakistani city of Quetta kills at least 31 people.
View the complete list of August 8 historical events.
Curious about this Yellow Bubble Heart? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 8, and 1955 reveal that your Life Path number is 9. It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Jerry Fleck, Dexter Fletcher, Daniel Dae Kim, Lara Dutta, Jean Seberg, Dilys Watling, Emma Penella, Nina Bott, Yui Mizuno, Bryan Ferry.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 8 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Sheep is the mythical animal and Wood is the Eastern element of a person born on August 8, 1955.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Monday’ is pearl.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 8th August 1955 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on November 21, 1931. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +253. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on February 8, 1942. Your score is -251. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 2,782,098,943. (U.S. Census Bureau)
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Korea approximately on 1500. Your profession was dramatist, director, musician, bard.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You were sane, practical person, materialist with no spiritual consciousness. Your simple wisdom helped the weak and the poor.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You should develop your talent for love, happiness and enthusiasm and to distribute these feelings to all people.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 99,438,148 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1955. The estimated number of babies born on 8th August 1955 is 272,433. That’s equivalent to 189 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 63,162 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 88,335 times in the year 1955. Any chance you are Mary or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 8” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 8, 1955. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 220th day of 1955
- Day of week: Monday
- Day of week birthstone: Pearl
- Week index: 32nd Monday of 1955
- Next same calendar year: 2022
- Day of week this year: Sunday
- Day of week next year: Monday
- Day of week in 2023: Tuesday
- Days until next birthday: 160 days
- Age on next birthday: 66 years old
- Days since birth: 23,947 days
- Days spent sleeping: 7,982 days
- Years spent sleeping: 21.85 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 811
- Next full moon: March 28 at 18:50:00 GMT – Sunday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 16, 1987
- Age in dog years: 312 dog years old using a Whippet breed
- Life path number and meaning: 9 – It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Sheep
- Eastern zodiac element: Wood
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: November 21, 1931 (+253)
- Worst compatible birthday: February 8, 1942 (-251)
- 1955 world population: 2,782,098,943
- Babies born in 1955: 99,438,148
- Babies born in 1955 every day: 272,433
- Babies born in 1955 every minute: 189
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 63,162 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 88,335 babies
- Roman numerals: VIII.VIII.MCMLV
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: August 23, 1961 – Gary Mabbutt, English footballer and actor; September 25, 1974 – Richie Edwards, English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Stone Gods, The Darkness, and Onion Trump); December 20, 1952 – Sky Gilbert, Canadian drag queen performer, actor, and author.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,949