Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of August 1970 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
August 8, 1970 was a Saturday and it was the 220th day of the year 1970. The next time you can reuse your old 1970 calendar will be in 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Tuesday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Thursday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 15 days left before your next birthday. You will be 47 years old when that day comes. There have been 17,152 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 581 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on August 7 at 18:13:00 GMT – Monday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get tips about your current relationship and how to improve it. Astrology reports to help you decide when to make yourself available for romantic or social activity. Get your love & romance reports or download free samples!
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1932Mel Tillis
- 1934Sarat Pujari
- 1947Larry Wilcox
- 1961Daniel House
- 1970Pascal Duquenne
- 1978Miho Shiraishi
- 1979Pooja Shah
- 1983Fred Meyers
- 1986Peyton List
- 1995Malin Reitan
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 8.
Seriously, how much do you know yourself? Do you want to gain true understanding of the real you? It’s all about you! Your confidence, your nature, your career and you as a person. Get your personality profile reports or download free samples!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 8.
- 1866Matthew Henson, American explorer (d. 1955)
- 1898Alexis Minotis, Greek actor and director (d. 1990)
- 1902Paul Dirac, English-American physicist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1984)
- 1936Jan Pieńkowski, Polish-English author and illustrator
- 1954Nick Holtam, English bishop
- 1963Ron Karkovice, American baseball player and manager
- 1964Scott Sandelin, American ice hockey player and coach
- 1972Andrea de Rossi, Italian rugby player and coach
- 1979Guðjón Valur Sigurðsson, Icelandic handball player
- 1985Brett Ratliff, American football player
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 8.
What is in store for you this year? Let these forecasts and predictions help you succeed in life. Benefit from life changing events and know when they occur. Make everyday activities easier to handle. Get your Forecast Reports or download free samples!
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1576The cornerstone for Tycho Brahe’s Uraniborg observatory is laid on the island of Hven.
- 1588Anglo-Spanish War: Battle of Gravelines: The naval engagement ends, ending the Spanish Armada’s attempt to invade England.
- 1709Bartolomeu de Gusmão demonstrates the lifting power of hot air in an audience before the King of Portugal in Lisbon, Portugal
- 1844The Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, headed by Brigham Young, is reaffirmed as the leading body of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church).
- 1863American Civil War: Following his defeat in the Battle of Gettysburg, General Robert E. Lee sends a letter of resignation to Confederate President Jefferson Davis (which is refused upon receipt).
- 1929The German airship Graf Zeppelin begins a round-the-world flight.
- 1942Quit India Movement is launched in India against the British rule in response to Mohandas Gandhi’s call for swaraj or complete independence.
- 1945The London Charter is signed by France, the United Kingdom, the Soviet Union and the United States, establishing the laws and procedures for the Nuremberg trials.
- 1963Great Train Robbery: In England, a gang of 15 train robbers steal £2.6 million in bank notes.
- 20158 people are killed in a shooting in Houston, Texas.
View the complete list of historical events for August 8.
Curious about this Awesome Blue Sprinkle? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 8 and 1970 reveal that your Life Path number is 6. It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Kian Kazemi, Scott McNeil, Jessica Stam, Kim Deal, Mikuru Uchino, Olga Guillot, Alex Band, Fred Dryer, Michael McCarthy, Christophe.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 8 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Dog is the mythical animal and Metal is the element of a person born on August 8, 1970.
Hmmm... what do the stars have to say about you today? Get your daily Leo horoscope for free. Get a boost from the stars! Make today a great day for love, money, and career. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and even yearly format.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was (They Long to Be) Close to You by Carpenters as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 8, 1970). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: May 19, 1987 – Michael Angelakos, American singer-songwriter and producer (Passion Pit); January 12, 1969 – Margaret Nagle, American screenwriter and producer; November 18, 1976 – Shagrath, Norwegian singer-songwriter (Dimmu Borgir Chrome Division, Ov Hell, and Fimbulwinter).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,094