Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of August 1970 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
August 8, 1970 was a Saturday and it was the 220th day of the year 1970. The next time you can reuse your old 1970 calendar will be in 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Tuesday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Thursday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 47 days left before your next birthday. You will be 47 years old when that day comes. There have been 17,120 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 580 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on July 9 at 04:09:00 GMT – Sunday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1910Sylvia Sidney
- 1926Richard Anderson
- 1932Mel Tillis
- 1935John Laws
- 1942John Gustafson
- 1950Willie Hall
- 1961Annemieke Verdoorn
- 1961Daniel House
- 1978Ebru Yaşar
- 1987Pierre Boulanger
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 8.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 8.
- 1908Arthur Goldberg, American jurist and politician, 6th United States Ambassador to the United Nations (d. 1990)
- 1935John Laws, Papua New Guinean-Australian singer and radio host
- 1950Willie Hall, American drummer and producer (The Blues Brothers, The Bar-Kays, and Booker T. & the M.G.'s)
- 1967Eric Angle, American wrestler
- 1970Ben G. Davis, English chemist and academic
- 1970Pascal Duquenne, Belgian actor
- 1970Trev Alberts, American football player and journalist
- 1978Alan Maybury, Irish footballer and coach
- 1984Kirk Broadfoot, Scottish footballer
- 1985Toby Flood, English rugby player
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 8.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1605The city of Oulu, Finland, is founded by Charles IX of Sweden.
- 1844The Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, headed by Brigham Young, is reaffirmed as the leading body of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church).
- 1885More than 1.5 million people attend the funeral of Ulysses S. Grant in New York City.
- 1908Wilbur Wright makes his first flight at a racecourse at Le Mans, France. It is the Wright Brothers’ first public flight.
- 1940The “Aufbau Ost” directive is signed by Wilhelm Keitel.
- 1942Quit India Movement is launched in India against the British rule in response to Mohandas Gandhi’s call for swaraj or complete independence.
- 1967The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) is founded by Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand.
- 1990Iraq occupies Kuwait and the state is annexed to Iraq. This would lead to the Gulf War shortly afterward.
- 2008Official ceremony of 2008 Summer Olympic Games in Bird’s Nest.
- 20158 people are killed in a shooting in Houston, Texas.
View the complete list of historical events for August 8.
Curious about this Aquamarine? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 8 and 1970 reveal that your Life Path number is 6. It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Stan Boardman, Paul Plishka, Aleksey Batalov, Bun B, Cristina D'Avena, Jeff Porcaro, Guy Ferland, Sammy Petrillo, Stephanie Beacham, Patrick Barlow.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 8 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Dog is the mythical animal and Metal is the element of a person born on August 8, 1970.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was (They Long to Be) Close to You by Carpenters as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 8, 1970). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: June 19, 1905 – Mildred Natwick, American actress (d. 1994); June 10, 1960 – Nandamuri Balakrishna, Indian actor and politician; October 23, 1975 – Yoon Son-ha, South Korean actress and singer.
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 930