Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of August 1978 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
August 8, 1978 was a Tuesday and it was the 220th day of the year 1978. The next time you can reuse your old 1978 calendar will be in 2017. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Tuesday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Thursday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 106 days left before your next birthday. You will be 39 years old when that day comes. There have been 14,139 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 479 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on May 10 at 21:44:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1925Ginny Tyler
- 1934Keith Barron
- 1936Çolpan İlhan
- 1947Larry Wilcox
- 1978Countess Vaughn
- 1980Michael Urie
- 1981Kaori Iida
- 1986Peyton List
- 1988Ni Ni
- 1989Ken Baumann
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 8.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 8.
- 1720Carl Fredrik Pechlin, Swedish general and politician (d. 1796)
- 1896Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings, American author and academic (d. 1953)
- 1904Achille Varzi, Italian race car driver (d. 1948)
- 1930Jerry Tarkanian, American basketball player and coach (d. 2015)
- 1940Dilip Sardesai, Indian cricketer (d. 2007)
- 1949Ricardo Londoño, Colombian race car driver (d. 2009)
- 1950Sarah Dunant, English author and critic
- 1954Nick Holtam, English bishop
- 1956Chris Foreman, English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Madness)
- 1964Anastasia M. Ashman, American blogger and author
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 8.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1585John Davis enters Cumberland Sound in search of the Northwest Passage.
- 1605The city of Oulu, Finland, is founded by Charles IX of Sweden.
- 1709Bartolomeu de Gusmão demonstrates the lifting power of hot air in an audience before the King of Portugal in Lisbon, Portugal
- 1794Joseph Whidbey leads an expedition to search for the Northwest Passage near Juneau, Alaska.
- 1946First flight of the Convair B-36, the world’s first mass-produced nuclear weapon delivery vehicle, the heaviest mass-produced piston-engined aircraft, with the longest wingspan of any military aircraft, and the first bomber with intercontinental range.
- 1963Great Train Robbery: In England, a gang of 15 train robbers steal £2.6 million in bank notes.
- 1963The Zimbabwe African National Union (ZANU), the current ruling party of Zimbabwe, is formed by a split from the Zimbabwe African People’s Union.
- 1973Kim Dae-jung, a South Korean politician and later president of South Korea, is kidnapped.
- 2008A EuroCity express train en route from Kraków, Poland to Prague, Czech Republic strikes a part of a motorway bridge that had fallen onto the railroad track near Studénka railway station in the Czech Republic and derails, killing eight people and injuring 64 others.
- 20158 people are killed in a shooting in Houston, Texas.
View the complete list of historical events for August 8.
Curious about this You Can Get Me Fuse? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 8 and 1978 reveal that your Life Path number is 5. It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Mark Goddard, Clive Rowe, Logan Whitehurst, Bessie Smith, Richard Coogan, Lena Söderberg, Billy Joe Royal, Downtown Julie Brown, James Rebhorn, Alain Souchon.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 8 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Horse is the mythical animal and Earth is the element of a person born on August 8, 1978.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Tuesday’ is ruby.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Three Times a Lady by Commodores as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 12, 1978). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: April 13, 1906 – Klaudia Taev, Estonian opera singer and educator (d. 1985); November 22, 1960 – Leos Carax, French actor, director, and screenwriter; May 6, 1904 – Raymond Bailey, American actor (d. 1980).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 965