Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of August 1978 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
August 8, 1978 was a Tuesday and it was the 220th day of the year 1978. It was the 32nd Tuesday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1978 calendar will be in 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Thursday. Next year it will be Saturday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 137 days left before your next birthday. You will be 41 years old when that day comes. There have been 14,838 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 4,946 days or 13.54 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 503 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on April 19 at 11:14:00 GMT – Friday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 16, 2010.
If a dog named Moosie - a Airedale Terrier breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 200 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Moosie will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Moosie will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1898Alexis Minotis
- 1919Dino De Laurentiis
- 1936Çolpan İlhan
- 1944Brooke Bundy
- 1967Yūki Amami
- 1973Scott Stapp
- 1978Ebru Yaşar
- 1980Michael Urie
- 1981Kaori Iida
- 1987Katie Leung
View the complete list of August 8 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 8.
- 1693Laurent Belissen, French composer (d. 1762)
- 1934Keith Barron, English actor
- 1955Michael Roe, Irish race car driver
- 1968Abey Kuruvilla, Indian cricketer and coach
- 1969Monika Tsõganova, Estonian chess player
- 1978Alan Maybury, Irish footballer and coach
- 1980Pat Noonan, American soccer player
- 1981Meagan Good, American actress and producer
- 1982David Florence, Scottish canoe racer
- 1986Peyton List, American actress
View the complete list of August 8 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1588Anglo-Spanish War: Battle of Gravelines: The naval engagement ends, ending the Spanish Armada’s attempt to invade England.
- 1709Bartolomeu de Gusmão demonstrates the lifting power of hot air in an audience before the King of Portugal in Lisbon, Portugal
- 1793The insurrection of Lyon occurs during the French Revolution.
- 1885More than 1.5 million people attend the funeral of Ulysses S. Grant in New York City.
- 1929The German airship Graf Zeppelin begins a round-the-world flight.
- 1940The “Aufbau Ost” directive is signed by Wilhelm Keitel.
- 1942Quit India Movement is launched in India against the British rule in response to Mohandas Gandhi’s call for swaraj or complete independence.
- 1980The Central Hotel Fire occurs in Bundoran, Ireland.
- 2008Official ceremony of 2008 Summer Olympic Games in Bird’s Nest.
- 2013A suicide bombing at a funeral in the Pakistani city of Quetta kills at least 31 people.
View the complete list of August 8 historical events.
Curious about this Blue Raspberry? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 8, and 1978 reveal that your Life Path number is 5. It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Theresa Randle, Patricia Tumulak, Yuka Motohashi, Cristian Castro, Seamus Davey-Fitzpatrick, Cal Wilson, Begum Akhtar, Burt Ward, Helena Seger, Richard Desjardins.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 8 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Horse is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on August 8, 1978.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Tuesday’ is ruby.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 8th August 1978 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on December 30, 1975. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +116. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on February 17, 1994. Your incompatibility score is -181. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 8” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,304,105,753. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Three Times a Lady by Commodores as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 12, 1978). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Portugal approximately on 1150. Your profession was teacher, mathematician, geologist.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Inquisitive, inventive, liked to get to the very bottom of things and to rummage in books. Talent for drama, natural born actor.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: The world is full of ill and lonely people. You should help those, who are less fortunate than you are.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 122,638,528 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1978. The estimated number of babies born on 8th August 1978 is 335,996. That’s equivalent to 233 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 56,323 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 67,158 times in the year 1978. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 8, 1978. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 220th day of 1978
- Day of week: Tuesday
- Day of week birthstone: Ruby
- Week index: 32nd Tuesday of 1978
- Next same calendar year: 2023
- Day of week this year: Thursday
- Day of week next year: Saturday
- Day of week in 2021: Sunday
- Days until next birthday: 137 days
- Age on next birthday: 41 years old
- Days since birth: 14,838 days
- Days spent sleeping: 4,946 days
- Years spent sleeping: 13.54 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 503
- Next full moon: April 19 at 11:14:00 GMT – Friday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 16, 2010
- Age in dog years: 200 dog years old using a Airedale Terrier breed
- Life path number and meaning: 5 – It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Horse
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: December 30, 1975 (+116)
- Worst compatible birthday: February 17, 1994 (-181)
- 1978 world population: 4,304,105,753
- Number one song: Three Times a Lady by Commodores (August 12, 1978)
- Babies born in 1978: 122,638,528
- Babies born in 1978 every day: 335,996
- Babies born in 1978 every minute: 233
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 56,323 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 67,158 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: August 19, 1948 – Gerald McRaney, American actor, director, and producer; March 11, 1954 – Sakis Boulas, Greek singer-songwriter and actor (d. 2014); November 18, 1942 – Linda Evans, American actress.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,943